No games available?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Hedlund_90, Mar 16, 2013.

1. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

Only thing I can think of causing this problem is the damn windows updates that came the same day as my problem appeared. Now it was almost 2 weeks ago, I can't remember what day it was, but I guess 14th or 15th. Between March 14th and 16th there was a lot of updates for windows, .NET framework 4 etc.

Maybe this is just a coincidence... but I'm desperate :(

2. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Have you tried deleting your activation files for rF2 and reactivating? You could also try deleting those, uninstalling rF2, reinstalling, reactivating.

The timing though is perfect for Windows Update. Patch Tuesday was March 12th. I'm reading lots of people uninstalled the updates. Then they pushed a service pack for Windows 7 on the 19th... Ugh. :(

3. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

Yes I have already tried that, but not reinstalling at the same time.

When uninstall rFactor2, what does the uninstaller actually delete? Because not only the documents/rfactor folder stays untouched, but also the whole core folder programs/rfactor is intact. So I always have to delete that folder myself. But I wonder if there are more folder and files to delete? I found one folder in the registry.

4. 88mphTim

You must have odd permissions on your machine. Program Files should uninstall. You should have to delete anything else manually.

5. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

Oh sorry, now it deleted program files :eek: Now I'll delete the documents/rfactor folder and the appdata/roaming/rfactor folder too.

6. 88mphTim

When you're back in, if still having problems, try changing your password to something with just english chars and numbers... Just a hunch. :) Then let me know. If it already is, let me know that also.

7. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

YES! Now it's working again :D Thank you so much Tim!

So, for others with the same problem: delete activation files and reinstall.

8. jerems74

jerems74 Registered

Rfactor full reinstall?
    or just file in appdata / roaming / .rfactor

9. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

Both :D Uninstaller do not delete appdata/roamin/rfactor folder, you do it manually.

10. 88mphTim

If you just reinstalled, then a deletion of the activation, then reactivation, would do the same thing, I hope.

Hedlund, I'm a bit concerned how this happened, though... The timing was odd with those updates, I hope MS didn't alter permissions on the files/folder...

11. jerems74

jerems74 Registered

I uninstall Rfactor complete, saving the file. Rfactor! But still the same problem>. <

12. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

I'm not sure about that... Because I've been reinstalling rF2 and reactivating it several times the last 10 days, but it didn't work until now when I reinstalled and deleted activation instantly.

I have no idea, but it happened after the updates. Several updates between March 14th and 16th was made on my computer, and that was when this server browser problem occured...

13. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

Why are you saving the file? This is what I did:

1. Uninstall rFactor2 (check if core folder is deleted).
    2. Deleted documents/rfactor2 folder (saved setups and skins).
    3. Opened windows registry and deleted rFactor2 folder in HKEY_CURRENT_USER/sofware.
    4. Restarted computer.
    5. Reinstalled rFactor2.
    6. Re-entered my email and password to login, and then reactivated game under the 'purchase' tab.

14. 88mphTim

For a fresh activation, DON'T save that file.

15. jerems74

jerems74 Registered

I delete everything, keep anything, reinstall RF, and does not change anything, I still have a server list empty!

16. 88mphTim

You deleted the .rFactor folder from appdata/roaming? You reactivated after deleting the .rFactor folder from appdata?

17. jerems74

jerems74 Registered

I uninstall RF, then delete it. Rfactor, then to registe clee, restart the computer, install RF, and re-purchase tab from the

18. ???????? ??????

???????? ?????? Registered

Good day. I have a problem. two days ago I have lost the servers in the online game. studied the question on the forum ISI answer not found delete a folder \AppData\Roaming\.rFactor do not buy change the password and the reactivation not helped. (help) ?????????

19. 88mphTim

If nothing has worked, I would have to ask what changed with your ISP, local connection or your machine two days ago? Any chance you can reverse it?

20. ???????? ??????

???????? ?????? Registered

nothing has changed tried to connect without the router . The Internet works without problems, in-game servers no.(((((((