No engine sounds on Eve Historic cars and game not running in 64 bit mode (SOLVED)

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Christos Segkounas, Feb 14, 2017.

1. Christos Segkounas

Christos Segkounas Registered

Hi guys so I recently purchased Rfactor 2.
    First problem I run into the game would not launch until I checked "force 32 bit" which solved it.
    Now after having tried out most cars (and some mods) I have noticed I am getting no engine sound from the Eve F1, F2 and F3 cars.
    I believe these came bundled with the game I downloaded from Steam.
    I found these two folders nosing around but I do not know what to make of the files:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Any ideas on how I could fix this because I'm not into electric cars:rolleyes:
    Thank you:)

2. peterchen

peterchen Registered

Hi and welcome!
    Try to check file integrity via steam. Steam/library/rfactor2 rightclick/properties/local files
    Seems that something screwed up there....
    You have nothing to do in "installed"-folder.

3. Christos Segkounas

Thank you for the reply and the welcome:)
    Steam picked up 2 files that failed to verify and needed to be re installed.
    With that done however the problem remains.
    I have no engine sound trouble with any of the other cars though so it's not game breaking but it sure is weird and I would like to get to the bottom of it.

4. Woodee

Woodee Registered

What happens if you unsub from this mod, open the launcher and game so it syncs. Then resub, open launcher and game to see what happens?

5. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Could you post information about your hardware and os?
    Running rF2 as x86 would run you into more trouble. The e.g. ram limitation would prevent to run larger/newer tracks and mods, as they are using much more ram (and vram)...

6. Bernd

Bernd Registered

I would suggest to move the whole Folder ISI_Eve_Vehicle from the Installed/Vehicles folder to e.g. the Desktop.
    Then start the game and run the 1968 Historics Eve.
    Is the Sound working now?

7. Christos Segkounas

[​IMG]
    Juergen-BY is correct, my main issue here is the game won't run in 64 bit mode.

Even though the demo did.
    But this is not really the topic here.
    So I uninstalled the game and did a fresh install where I run the game with zero mods, no cars, no tracks.
    Still 64bit crashed almost immediately after launch.
    I run in 32 bit, downloaded Toban and ISI's EVE mod and now I have engine sounds:)
    So from now on I will download and test my mods one by one and as I go, I can only drive one car on one track at a time after all.
    So, original problem solved with a clean and bare reinstall and thanks to everyone for your input and willingness to help.
    As for the game not running in 64 bit for me, it's disappointing but not a deal-breaker just yet.
    I put my hopes on a future game update (or Windows 10 update?) auto-fixing things because I tried disabling audio, disabling internet, deleting the config.ini, disabling VR and a couple more things but game won't run in 64 bit mode no matter what:(

8. Woodee

Woodee Registered

You are running VR?!

9. Christos Segkounas

No, sorry if that was confusing, I randomly read on the internet that disabling that option might fix this but it didn't.
    I'm running a 35 euro steering wheel atm, VR is not even on my to do list.

10. Woodee

Woodee Registered

[​IMG]

Can you put "trace=3" into the space pictured above then press save.

Open rF2 in 64 bit mode and when it crashes, look in your "steamapps\common\rFactor 2\UserData\Log" folder and look for the timestamped trace files. Send this to S397 Support as this might hold the error and the possible solution to running rF2 in 64 bit.

Christos Segkounas likes this.
  11. Christos Segkounas

I did as you suggested and created the log file.
    The log file was error free but obviously cut short I guess since the game failed to load.
    Then I thought I'd create a log file from running the game in 32 bit mode and send both files for comparison.
    Before sending the files I had a look myself.
    The log file from running the game (succesfully) in 32 bit mode was full of errors.
    And most of them were related to my wheel, a Hama V18 racing thunder.
    So I thought that maybe these errors were actually fatal in the 64 bit version.
    I removed the controller from the USB port and the 64 bit version finally run succesfully.
    I however cannot get the controller to work by connecting it to the USB port AFTER the 64 bit version is loaded.
    Since this controller is a super cheap entry level and stop gap solution for me I have no quarrels with playing in 32 bit with it until I upgrade,doesn't matter at all.
    So, lesson learned, it was the wheel's drivers to blame for this whole mess.
    Needless to say I'm grateful for your input because it's how I got to the bottom of it.
    GJ and thank you:)

Woodee likes this.
  12. wal-mart

wal-mart Registered

I have the same problem of crashing in 64bit but running in 32bit and I checked my trace file and found that my 64bit was crashing after (or at least was the last line in the file): 7.50s vidman.cpp 1924: Entered VidMan::Enter()

Not sure what this means or how to trouble shoot it, any thoughts?

13. Christos Segkounas

I suggest you do as I did and create a log file from running the game in 32 bit mode for comparison.
    In my case the error that crashed the 64 bit version showed up only on the 32 bit log file.
    It is possible the culprit to your game failing to load in the 64bit version does not show up in the 64bit log file.

14. wal-mart

wal-mart Registered

OK I ran that for the 32bit version and it seems to be crashing when trying to load the specialfx.sp file but i'm not sure.

At least that's the line that follows vidman.cpp in the 32bit log that isn't present in the 64bit log