No DirectX 9.0c video adapters found

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Ghanja, Aug 5, 2016.

1. Ghanja

Ghanja Registered

Just updated my system and went from GTX 770 to GTX 1070. Now rFactor2 won't start anymore. It tries to start but then comes up with "No DirectX 9.0c video adapters found. Contact your Video Card vendor for updated drivers".
    Of course I have uninstalled my previous drivers and then installed the current ones. All other games including rFactor 1 start and run without problems. What's going wrong?

2. TJones

TJones Registered

Hi i also plan to replace my 770 with a 1070. Is it really necessary to uninstall the video driver?

Did you check Settings -> Video Settings in the Launcher? Can you choose the new video adapter here?

3. RoWo

RoWo Member

Maybe you used the Nvidia LOD Patcher and have a not anymore working (not updated) nvd3dumx.dll in your bin64 folder?

4. Ghanja

Ghanja Registered

My drivers were kind of old - that's why I updated them after replacing the card. The adapter was correctly listed in the launcher - I could adjust everything but the game just would not start. I did not use the LOD patcher either.
    Anyway - I switched over to a Steam Installation (a reinstall if you want to call it that way) and now things are working again.

5. Gijs van Elderen

Gijs van Elderen Registered

If you change video cards:

unistall your drivers and reinstall them. If you don't, weird things can happen.

There is a programm "Display Driver Unistaller".
    http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

i always unistalled the drivers before the swap.
    After unistall and card swap install the new driver for the new card.
    http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

Unistall the DDU program, if you don't need it anymore.

6. TJones

TJones Registered

Ok, thank's Gijs.