No brakes

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Andrew Nagy, Oct 19, 2022.

1. Andrew Nagy

Andrew Nagy Registered

After determining that my Fanatec Clubsport V3 pedals (specifically the brake pedal) was defective, I sent it back to Fanatec, who replaced the load cell, and it now appears to be working. When I go into the pedal calibration screen in the Fanatec control panel, the status bar (or whatever it's called) for the brake goes up to 100% when I press the brake pedal (the throttle and clutch do the same). This wasn't working before I sent the pedals back to Fanatec. But when I open RF2, and go to the Calibrate Controls screen within Settings, and press the brake pedal, I get no response on the Brake Sensitivity calibration meter. And when I try going for a drive, I similarly get no response in the game when I press the brake pedal. Is there something I have to set up to get RF2 to recognize my pedals? It's strange, because I get the expected response on the throttle and clutch calibration meters when I press those pedals. Thanks.

2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

try rebooting and see if the game picks up on your pedals a 2nd time. Next try loading another profile. You may have saved one with the defective load cell so it will think Zero is your max.

3. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Just make sure the assignment is correct (click Brake, press the pedal, the game should accept it).

Then where you can see nothing is happening in the calibration page, under the brake graph press Set Min. Then fully press the pedal and press Set Max. Those buttons react immediately, so you release or press the pedal and then click Set Min or Set Max.

Reassigning and setting the limits should take care of any calibration issues.

4. Andrew Nagy

Andrew Nagy Registered

Lazza,

That did it! My brake wasn't assigned for some reason, so I assigned it to the brake pedal as you recommended, and now everything works. Thanks very much - if it wasn't for you, my sim rig would be nothing but an expensive coat rack. I really like the new GUI, by the way - much more intuitive than the old one.