Nissan GTR - Framerate plummets when on the throttle

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by Harmermania, Feb 22, 2014.

1. Harmermania

Harmermania Registered

When driving this car, my framerate plummets dramatically whenever I'm on the throttle. I noticed it at Sebring, then tested it on Loch Drummond. Same thing happens.

For example, in the pits at Loch Drummond I have around 175fps idling in neutral. If I get on the throttle, in neutral, it goes to around 63 and stays there until I release the throttle. Same thing happens all around the track.

Also, when on the throttle, the frames are pretty stutter, so it feels more like 30fps or worse much of the time

No other cars exhibit this behavior.

I disabled all plugins while testing this. I also uninstalled and reinstalled rF2.

I don't remember this happening with the GTR before, but it's been a long time since I've run it.

Any ideas?

2. Harmermania

Harmermania Registered

I just did a clean install of the new unstable build and had the same thing happen.

3. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

Well, you have me speechless. I don't know what to tell you on this one. Never seen nor heard of such a thing.

4. Murtaya

Murtaya Registered

I "think" I have seen something similar when using the GTR for the first time after a new build, seem to recall something about shaders and ppl clearing the cbash and shader folder. In my case simply restarting rf2 and going back to the same track with the GTR a second time sorted the problem. Hope this helps.

5. Harmermania

Harmermania Registered

Thanks for the suggestions. Unfortunately, they did not work.