Nissan GTR & 370z

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by matt2507, Mar 1, 2012.

1. Spadge

Spadge Registered

I'm with this guy.

2. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Have you ever raced a race car on a track and really pushing the limits of the cars? They move around all over the place, its just in real life your lifting here n there more, taking longer to go full throttle, taking less corners completelty flat, getting on the brakes longer or not as hard than you would in the game, etc etc etc etc

3. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

You can't hotlap after hotlap in rF2 on the slick tires. You're going to have to relearn a few things. The FR3.5 takes some sort of trick to drive consistantly which I don't have. :p The tires don't seem to have enough rolling resistance creating proper heat in them though.

4. Braandon Machado

Braandon Machado Registered

why can i not find this gtr and 370z anywhere someone point me in the right direction also where can i find malayisa

5. Deadpedal

Deadpedal Registered

Go to the very top edge of this page and click on RFACTOR2. In the menu on the left in the resulting page, click DOWNLOADS. In the next page look in the text list titled Content (cars, tracks, etc): for GT World Endurance V1.0 and V1.1 update. I suggest that you download and install all ISI content from this list for the simple reason that the best way to find all the content is to load up everything offered in that list, and then go looking for it in the game Series (All Tracks & Cars), Vehicle and Track selectors. The Malaysia track is included in the 2011 ISI Formula Masters series along with the Mills and Portugal tracks.

6. DrGroove

DrGroove Registered

Hi
    The Nissan GTR is awesome, love it!
    The sounds are crazy, well done :+:

Only adjustable mirrors are not optimally, I only see the outside of the track
    Can you fix it for the next version, please?

Thank for your job, I'm a big fan:cool:

Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2013
  7. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

The GT cars look good, sound good, drive well but the tires make this useless.

The GTR and Vette are supposed to be used in endurance racing but everyone who has tried them as well as myself, have found that the tires don't last nearly long enough. The fastest way around in these is to pit every 20 mins or so. If you drive to preserve the tires, you lose more time than if you just use them up and pit in 20 mins.

In the 1 hour driver swap Corvette event at Poznan, everyone's tires were shot at the end of a 30 min stint. This is unacceptable. The tires need to last 3x as long as they do now. The new update to the GTR makes it wear it's tires at a similar pace.

If this is an endurance racing mod, the tires have to last through a double stint- 2 tanks of fuel for one set of tires. These mods also need soft and hard tires in addition to the wets.

8. sg333

sg333 Registered

Completely agree. There's also way too much reliance on 'data and simulation' in RF2 regarding this stuff. I dont care what the data or computer says, real race cars dont wear tires out this quickly. It isnt possible in RF2 to preserve the tires no matter how careful you drive.

9. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

I did a 1 hour race int he Corvettes (Hockenheim) and managed to make the tires last the entire race. But the winner pitted 3 times and lapped me. The guy is an alien and a very good driver. When his strategy was to race 20 mins and pit, I realized that is the only way to go- unless we set pit stop length to 1 minute- even then it won't help.

qft

10. Panigale

Panigale Banned

For those of us that race offline this is a significant problem as well because the AI seem unaffected. Limits me to running 30 minute race times. Simple fix would be if ISI could provide a setting for Race where we specify the minimum number of times the AI must pit.

11. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

I have done a 1 our offline race in sebring with nissan gtr gt1 against ai with nissan gtr1 and CS6 GT2 after 30 min the front tyre wear was heavy and a pitstop was required but no ai has done a pitstop. First ai pitstops I saw in this race was approximatly at 55min. I was able to finish the 60 min with one pitstop ( front tyres was on end of life again)
    What I've seen is that not all ai have done a pitstop in this 60 min.

A race against ai where the the ai strenght setup is set to a level which fit the ai laptimes to a level where I must really fight to win against is at the moment unfair because they must pit (much more) later.

I think the wear impact must be the same for ai as for me ( + - a scope for different strategies and to beware a stress moment )

Tim - ISI please can you take a look on this points and think about a solution for this?

thx

Gesendet von meinem iPad mit Tapatalk HD

12. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Yes, its like GT cars have current F1 Pirellis installed by mistake. But this is no joke. Double stinting is common in this class of racing, and here we have complete opposite. Its strange to me why or how such big mistake is going through testing and actual content creation phases.

13. BrokkelPiloot

BrokkelPiloot Registered

What kind of setup do you use? I've seen a lot of setups which are fast but have crazy stiffness and camber values. You might want to try the default setup and see how it compares to the AI.

14. MarcG

MarcG Registered

you can set the ai to use your setup in the plr, try that and see if they pit at roughly the same time. not a proper solution of course but could work in the meantime.

15. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

Not really true. During Poznan's endurance race I was driving within 0.5-1s margin all the time. During practice before the race I could do 10 straight laps in 1:30s. So it's not that hard to drive fast and preserve them. During the race I hit the curb twice (on the fast left hander in S2) and had to save the car and while doing it I flatspoted and overheated them. Yet still I could drive in 1:32s range. Even 1:31 was possible at the end of the stint if the need was there. I don't think all of them pitted because their tyres were shot. We had 25-35 min swap window so many just used that opportunity to change tyres also while swaping. To put fresh rubber and let the other driver from your team use this opportunity at it's best. I had more fuel than I needed so I could drive couple more laps but I would have pitted around 20 min before the end of the race and my tyres would have been still in pretty much good condition. Ofc they weren't fresh after 21 laps when I pitted (If I remember correctly it was lap 21) but they were still long way to be shot. There is a possibility that even if I maintained my pace I would have finished the race on the set I started it. Tyres aren't that bad at the moment. If you drive the car properly (that doesn't mean slower to preserve them) it can go for very long.

I agree that at mid ohio where the next race is these tyres are too soft for the 6 h race. I think nobody at ISI predicted that we would try racing for 6 h with 3 stints on the same rubber. I do think we need more tyre compounds. There is no need to tweak the tyre that's already there because it is great for sprint races and even for 1 h races (even if there were no pitstops with a bit of caution). I think ADDING there 2-3 more compounds would be enough. 1 qualy type of tyre. Great at warm up suberb 1 lap speed with huge drop off after 1-2 laps of pushing. Next compound would be the one that we already have. For sprint and shorter endurance races (like the one at Poznań). Next one 40 % more durable than the previous one, 2-3 s (or so) slower. Last one twice as strong as the one we have now but even slower for big endurance races with many stints on the same set.

It's only a suggestion and it needs tweaking ofc.

16. Panigale

Panigale Banned

That is all of fifteen minutes, no one is saying that is a problem. After thirty minutes if you are quick and clean the tires are almost shot. If you are quick but over driving (e.g. Q laps to catch the leaders after a mistake) the tires can begin to go in twenty minutes.

Complete b.s. Load up LRP set the AI to 96-97% in the same car and see where you end up in 60mins on one set of tires. Feel free to share those results. No question the tires can last 60 minutes but not at a competitive pace. If the guy that won that hour long race pitted three times (Q laps - twenty minutes, matches my experience anyway) that pretty much says it all.

17. KeiKei

KeiKei Registered

AI uses different physics so probably tire wear is also different. Just saying. :)

18. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

Nice try. But we are talking about Poznan not LRP you know? ;>

All my thoughts are based on data from motec which I examined after the race, you know. Not wishy thinking or guessing. Also the feeling of the car when I pitted was very much ok, still could carry on. I only pitted because if I carried on I would have failed to swap with my teammate in 25-35 min swap window.

We won that 1h endurance race at Poznan. With my teammate cruising to the finish. It was fun and cool challenge. :)

Driving 1-1.5 s slower than my qual time is usually enough for me to preserve my tyres to make them last quite long. At the race at Poznan I was doing 1 s slower than my PP time but I slowed down as I was asked by my teammate on TS because there was no threat from behind. Only CoNa was behind and someone else behind him but there was no need for me to increase my pace. It was under control so my laptimes were 2 s slower than my PP time and it was enough to have them in good shape when I pitted to swap with him. I could maintain this pace for 10 laps more and slow down to 1:33 (maybe high 1:33) and finish on the same set on which I started with. ;)

Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2013
  19. Panigale

Panigale Banned

You are full of it. You say, "During Poznan's endurance race I was driving within 0.5-1s margin all the time." then you say, oh I slowed down because folks were slow. Now you were at 2 seconds. Figure your story out and then maybe we can compare notes.

LRP is an ISI track, Poznan is feels3 and I have no idea if the AI is accurate there or not. Use any track you'd like but please use more than one. I've run into this with Sebring, LRP, and Mid-Ohio.

Also no idea what you mean by wishy thinking, we have a default LCD screen with the tire wear showing? Are you telling me that we need the motec plugin to get accurate data and the monitor ISI provides isn't correct?

You didn't go 60 minutes on one set of tires, your changing your story and your are guessing the outcome had you did. That is why I suggested you race the AI at a high setting and come back with your results. I guess I could try lapping 2 seconds slower at Sebring or LRP and see if I could extend the tires to 40-50 minutes but the AI would crush me at 96-97%.

Can I win a 60min race with no pit stops if I set the AI to 80%, probably, but that isn't the point. At race pace the tires wear too quickly.

20. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

Dude... You really are living in your world, aren't you?

Yes I was driving within 0.5-1s margin that means if there was need for me to increase my pace if needed. I could do it easily because the car and tyres would have allowed me to do so. Driving 2 s slower THAN MY PP time doesn't mean I was driving 2 s slower than I could. Really. Learn to read please.

What are you talking about? What ISI track what Poznan? We are talking about online endurance race that was 2 weeks ago where many ISI members were there. You are really comparing racing against AI with online race with humans? Really? What does it have to do with all this.

Yes we have LCD screen but it shows estimated tyre wear. For very accurate one you have to run motec (or other program that allows you to read telemetry files).

Yes I didn't go because I couldn't. WE HAD TO swap drivers. It was obligatory. I pitted only because I had to give the car to Hectari and let him finish the race. If we didn't have to swap I could have driven this car to the finish. Based on the tyre wear I had when I pitted.

Please stop talking about completely different tracks and racing about AI. Because I'm talking about ONLINE race with humans and AT POZNAŃ.

Why are you talking about LPR and AI all the time. Just tell me that because I can't get my head around this.