Nissan GTR & 370z

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by matt2507, Mar 1, 2012.

1. Raikku

Raikku Registered

Where I can find these cars? I updated rF2 with startscreen updater but I still don't have these cars(?)

2. matt2507

matt2507 Registered

3. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

It is really hard keeping heat in the tires, impossible actually. Now I'm not sure if it's because the tire is a WIP or what but keeping heat in the tires is key with the megane. Max out on rear wing and raise the rear ride height alot. Enter corners at speeds higher than you think almost like driving a kart. Those are a couple of things I've learned with this car. Hopefully it helps.

Default megane setups don't have enough suspension track in the rear, I think.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2012
  4. navorsky

navorsky Registered

Some videos, i made yesterday...

NISSAN GTR

NISSA 370Z

5. jubuttib

jubuttib Registered

I think the GT-R is the first car I've ever really tried to set up (with the of R2P's Setup Developer), and I have to admit, at first I found it weird how touchy and slidey it was, but after bringing the camber down a LOT (and replacing some of front camber with caster) and adjusting tyre pressures it brakes much better, corners much better and exits much better. Used to be that the difference in temperature between the inner and outer part of the tyre was over 30 degrees, basically only the inner edge was warming up at all, having more of the tyre in touch with the ground at all times works much better in every situation.

6. taufikp

taufikp Registered

I think almost everything in Nissan mod is still in alpha stage. Sound being the most weird. GT-R sounds so puny compare to 370Z. The rear window on 370Z constantly in genie mode: appears and disappears. Driver's forced to look at the dash instead of the road.

The GT-R seems to have a quite light weight body. I ran into oversteer in double turn in Sepang, then I crashed into the fence at 40km/h (25miles/h) only, and my car was flying almost over the fence :D

7. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

I'm in love with the Nissan 370z:)Great physics/FFB and great engine sound!
    Me at Putnam Park:

8. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

I've held off on posting am opinion on these cars, but after many miles and talking with others online, these cars aren't ready for primetime. They have serious flaws that need addressing.

Besides minor things like the wipers not working right (I can see the shadow of the wiper on the Z but not the wiper itself), the rearview mirror not being visible in the GT-R, the seat being visible and clipping into the view with the seat position all the way back and a few other things, there are BIGGER issues.

I've noticed online that everyone hops into the GT-R (naturally, since it's the quickest) and they do pirouettes all around the track. It's practically undriveable. One guy said it's like ice at low speeds. It's the diff. With both the GT-R and the Z the diff is 100% wrong. With the GT-R I can't put my finger on what's wrong, but the diff is messed up. This problem renders the GT-R unnaturally difficult to drive. Experienced sim racers are doing loop-de-loops around the track for a reason. With the Z, the transmission slips especially at low speed. If I just bought that Z and drove off the lot, I'd turn around and demand they fix the tranny. These cars aren't usable in anything but pubby racing right now because they are not competitive good cars that are you can develop and learn with.

This is the opinion of myself and others on racing servers I've been on. At PBI last night I was astounded that so many people couldn't drive the GT-R even at slow speeds.

9. Pixelchaser

Pixelchaser Registered

my isssue with the GTR is the front end. i understand this is one heavy car but i cant feel the front end because the idea of the weight movement is not moving or somthing, basicly im not feeling the weight in these heavy cars and especially at the front.

actually it feels like the 4wd version might but without the front power obviously.i was even thinking how the data for this car could have been captured from the 4wd itself and not the race car.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2012
  10. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Agree!

11. Maug

Maug Registered

Here i've not had any problems driving the Z or GT-R. I can really feel what the cars are doing with the new FFB. The new FFB makes it harder to drive as it is now more sensitive but at the same time it is way more accurate and precise. I don't really understand what you mean with the trannies, they work like a charm here.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 3, 2012
  12. Hagen Tröger

Hagen Tröger Registered

13. The*Stig

The*Stig Registered

Someone knows if there is an update to the all cars&tracks mod? The one by f1elites doesn't support the GT cars (370z, GT-R) as far as I know. :(

14. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

The 370Z has a awesome tire on it. Makes a world of difference.

15. feels3

feels3 Member Staff Member

After few weeks with GT-R and 370z I'm wondering if everything is ok with physics.
    Generally after few laps both cars feel very good with pretty good FFB.

But now I have the same feelings like with other cars. They are very unstable, especially rear is unstable.
    Cars are going into overstear during breaking which is weird for me.
    Reaction on stering wheel in corners are definitely to fast and I don't feel weight of the car.

Cars behave as if they weighed a lot less than they actually are.
    I know it isn't correct word but I can not find any other to describe this feeling, but in some situations they are reacting like RC toys.

Just look on this videos how both cars behave. Smooth reaction, they are very stable and look very predictable. Completely opposite to rf2's cars.
    (second video also contains few other cars similar to 370z)

Guys, what do you think about that ?

I'm talking about both Nissans, but it also concerns Meganes and FR3.5.
    Historical OW and rTrainer feel far better and both are playing in different league for me.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2012
  16. jubuttib

jubuttib Registered

Until the tyres heat up properly it's very hard to comment on the physics.

FWIW both the GT-R and the 370Z felt much more planted for me after I went over camber, caster and tyre pressure with the Race2Play Setup Developer. Lowering the camber quite significantly (and adding caster) and optimizing the pressure gave much needed grip during corner exits, braking and cornering. The default setup is quite bad, to be honest. Still, adjusting it is only a bandage until the tyre physics take the next step.

17. FONismo

FONismo Registered

Most cars in rF2 i end up moving the brake bias forward. The 370Z feels extremely convincing to me personally. Not the same cars but check the behaviour out below of the GT3 spec car. Consistent corrections and countersteering. Also the wiggling under braking i get with both the 370z and GT1 and feels convincing to me.

18. feels3

feels3 Member Staff Member

Car on your video is also much more stable than rf2's cars, reactions are smooth, slides are very delicate and easy to control.
    Differences are very noticable.

Meganes, both Nissans and FR 3.5 are very freaky ;-). Meganes sometimes behaves as if it had 500HP and weighs only 500kg.
    In real life cars aren't so hard to drive.

I like FFB in these cars, I feel very connected to road, but their bahaviour is sometimes very strange. As I said before, in some situations they remind RC cars.

Similar problem was in iRacng in early NTM version.

I know physic is also under development, so I'm not worry about that but I was curious what others think about that :)

But Historical open wheels and rTrainer are much better, and I can drive them all the time.
    They are amazing for me.
    I'm curious why there so many differences in quality between all of these cars.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 12, 2012
  19. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

All the cars have different tires perhaps? This isn't iracing where all cars have same tire and the tire has most grip at ambient air temperatures and you can hot lap after hot lap. The tire here has to warm up and you can't abuse the tire. You have to try to maintain it at optimal temperatures.

20. mikem

mikem Registered

Actually, the Nissan GTR in its GT1 form should weigh less than the 370Z GT4. Looking at last year's specs since the GTR no longer races in the current FIA GT1 series, it weighed in at 1250kg while the 370Z GT4 is 50 kg heavier. Both are front engined rear drive car (FR). On the other hand the production R35 GTR is known to be a rather heavy car (1740kg) and about 200 kg heavier than the production 370Z.