Nissan GT500 tires???? ???? FFB-revisited

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by davehenrie, Dec 3, 2018.

1. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Stirring up an old bug-a-boo of mine.

Load up any of the modern carsets like GTE, GT3 or the Apex Modding GT3. Drive some laps on one of the front engined cars like the Calloway Corvette, Bentley etc. Then load up the Nissan GT500(one of the first of the new S397 cars a year or two ago.) I have NEVER felt secure with the tires on the Nissan. I like the cars, but I feel there is less initial lateral grip than other cars which have the latest tire updates. The Nissan seems to slide into a corner before gripping.
    I will admit I hear a much louder tire skid noise than most of the cars I've driven in rF2, but I don't think I'm translating what I hear to what I feel.
    So drive some other sedan type front engined gt car. Then drive the Nissan and tell me they feel similar.
    Cuz I'm not 'feeling' almost any similarity.

tpw likes this.
  2. tpw

tpw Registered

You should take the 370z for a spin, its tyres feel like they’re made out of chocolate. The gt500 is a grip monster in comparison :)

But seriously, I’m glad s397 eventually came to the party giving cars actual mechanical grip. It’d be wonderful if they updated the older content to the newer tyre standards. Probably won’t happen any time soon though (if at all)

3. Korva7

Korva7 Registered

I'm not sure if i understand what you mean by that.
    To me the nissan felt like the grip drops off faster when going over the optimal slip angle, compared to the new gt3's.
    Also that nissan has pretty fast steering. Maybe you are using too much steering angle when you go into a corner?