Night lighting problems, still no dynamic shadows and no reflection of the car...?

Discussion in 'Car Modding' started by Devin, Feb 16, 2012.

1. Devin

Devin Member Staff Member

Hello, today I need some help with dynamic shadows (again), the night lighting does not work and the car doesn't get reflected by wet road.
    Shadows:
    After I asked about this in this forum, I got an answer which should work (I even tried that before asking), but it didn't help.
    Night lighting:
    At some perspectives, you can see light on some car parts, but only with some omnis, not all of them work.
    Please watch the first 10 seconds for the first bug, the last 4 for the second (no lighting at all...): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QBZOWjI0WI
    Reflections:
    What do I have to do to get the car getting reflected? I tried adding "Reflect=True" to every car part, but none of them appears in reflections... what's the problem? I hope ISI could help me this time...

2. Devin

I worked on it and I found out, that the shadows are there, but they're nearly invisible. and also look at the screenshots:
    The first one with dark alpha, second one with light grey alpha:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Also, there's only the shadow of the ambientobject, if the frontwing gets off, it has a shadow, but it didn't have it's own shadow before and the shadow of the ambientobject is still there, so you have two frontwingshadows...
    Also, the car is reflected in showroom, but not on road (I think).

Please, can anyone help me now with at least one problem?

3. Devin

Update...
    The car still doesn't ge reflected, but that doesn't matter that much. I fixed the shadows, it was a very simple mistake, now they're just a bit too low res :D Now the night omni problem: If I have this problem, it disappears after switching to cockpit, for the nearest omni, it works. If I switch through the cockpit cams while driving, it looks like if it works, but if I stop switching around, it doesn't work anymore, what's wrong?