NGTC Next Generation mod team: I have something for you

Discussion in 'Modding' started by MrBTCC, Jun 2, 2021.

1. MrBTCC

MrBTCC Registered

Good afternoon, does anyone have contact with the NGTC Next Generation mod team? I have something of interest for them. When Sam Osbourne came to BTCC Tool Maniacs created an RF2 skin for his car so they could see how it would look on track with the other cars. I approached them at the time and was authorised to have a copy of the skin but I think I might be the only person in the world with it. A couple of years now down the line I would like to seek permission from Tool Maniacs (currently in the process) so I can submit this skin to the next generation team so it can be included for everybody.

I do not have a Facebook account so require a simple contact method, can anyone help me make contact?

Sam Osbourne's MG6 in rF2
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_7IvHz2ShUUre9IfFnb5IDw4jGPbluCz/view?usp=sharing
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZSd24eLofXnOP0vmmrLzfPAlp89UTmTe/view?usp=sharing

Sam on track
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/103z03QDaY0rt1y6XN_etAZPv-ovmEkDb/view?usp=sharing

Last edited: Jun 2, 2021
  2. MrBTCC

MrBTCC Registered

I have been granted permission by Tool Maniacs for the skin to be used in the mod. All I need now is contact and to pass the skin.

3. lagg

lagg Registered

4. MrBTCC

MrBTCC Registered

Hi Lagg, thank you for the pointer. I have updated the pictures now :)

Last edited: Jun 2, 2021
  5. lagg

lagg Registered

Ah, sorry.
    At the top-left of the showroom page in the new UI there is a lock.
    If you clik on the lock this part of the UI will hide and you can do a good screenshot
    upload_2021-6-2_15-45-31.png

6. lagg

lagg Registered

I have found it in a video
    upload_2021-6-2_15-59-46.png

7. MrBTCC

MrBTCC Registered

Thanks for the help Lagg, pictures look much better now :)

lagg likes this.
  8. MrBTCC

MrBTCC Registered

Sam is now in the NGTC mod package and is ready to go racing when you are. Package now updated to 1.1 but come on Next Generation please do not lose sight on what makes part of this mod so special to the end users, its the skins and cars. Working on tweaks to physics is great but the normal will not grade you on tweaks to physics. Don't lose sight on your end users, lets see all that hard work injected into the mod.

9. WSVR

WSVR Registered

Hey man, really appreciate your skin for the MG - it's a great addition :)

For us, the physics far outweighed anything else. We've been aware of some fundamental issues recently and we've been working/experimenting to fix them. It's been a grueling process, one that's driven us insane at times and it's not fun when it's meant to be a fun project. We value our members who've continued using our cars and helped feedback to us on where we can develop the mod to be even better since we started.

But the end of the day, all of this is a project for fun - it's a free mod, we don't ask for any money, and we're a extremely small team of friends who just want to enjoy virtual racing. Of course we'd love to do everything and more. But the past year has been difficult on all of us. We've all lost/changed jobs, families have been impacted and COVID has been a massive strain on us all. We'll not put this above ourselves, families and jobs that are important for us to live.

Like I said, we love making the content in our spare time - but it's on our time, and we know don't have every skin or every car, but we're doing what we can when we can :) We're not pros, and we'll never claim to be the best! We're just friends making content for a game we enjoy. Hope you can appreciate that!

lagg likes this.