Next Update.....?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nand Gate, Apr 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hagen Tröger

Hagen Tröger Registered

how you can see, ISI can do this :)

2. lespaul20

lespaul20 Registered

The Wikipedia article cites 6 pretty weak sources. That, combined with the fact that "generally" is included with you quote makes your argument a lot less substantial. Gjon and Tim have already stated that goal of rF2 is to never be feature complete. What software is?

3. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

I'm confused.

With test version we do testing.
    So with beta version we do betting? ;)

And what does "beta testing" mean, anyway? Must be some kind of abstract term not used in the industry...

Just kidding of course, but my point is - if you start taking some expressions too literally, you will end up loosing their actual meaning.

A "modders beta" - that's what it really is. Sometimes it's loosely referred to as "beta" or "test version".

This only proves than one meaning can be expressed by different words. Then these words can then be translated into several different meanings by other person.
    What can I say - our communication isn't perfect, nor strictly defined.

The trick is to understand the other person despite imperfections in communication. All it takes is some good will. Really :)

As far as I know "modders beta" is not any term defined by industry, right? :) We have been given this term along with brief description what will be tested. It was clear enough to me.

Personally, I don't mind people speaking freely / loosely - I will understand their meaning anyway - simply because I want to understand, rather than imply.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2012
  4. blakboks

blakboks Registered

Please, lets continue discussing semantics. I mean, is this a game, a simulation, or what?

</trolling> hmmm...I'm hungry...

5. Mulero

Mulero Registered

Sorry, I forgot to put so ironic mode.

I have RF2 from the day the beta came out, i searched many mistakes as i could and tried to communicate as best i could.

So far I've tried to be politically correct but it goes from dark brown now.

The only reason i have not requested the return is that i have spent many years playing pirated rFactor for free. Sorry, so I try to support RF2 all i can, but right now the only thing you deserve is a kick in the ass.

This game gives off. At the rate you bear not in ten years we will have a game according to the computers we own.

DX9? Why??? If anyone still using WindowsXP's their problem not ours. So is the technology, or advance or die. But this is not the real problem, the problem is that neither in DX9 the game look like it has to do.

Sorry if these words sound harsh, but in this forum apart from Maxim and a couple more just have fanboys, so someone has to tell the truth.

In the communities i frequent request refound rate is around 75%, two in three people are sooo unhappy with RF2, with what we've seen so far and the progress you see.
    This "beta" was intended for modders, but the modders asked about concrete things and solves nothing. I myself am trying to do a circuit, but there are so many wrong things that I left the project.

Do not know which planet you live, or what planet this forum, but here on earth all over the world (at least 4 fonboys of this forum) is very unhappy with that seen so far.

My words are hard but try to help. Hopefully next year when the next update comes out have to ask forgiveness for these words, but if so, at least my money Seize and RF3 will never be what RF2.

6. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

If I used the words I would like I'd probably be booted from the forums for awhile. So I will just say you have zero class. Your words aren't even harsh they are just plain rude. You can post your complaints or requests or even dissatisfaction in many ways other than the way you have chosen to do. Maybe the version of rF2 you have is stolen software as well? That's all.

7. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

Companies who allow people to purchase and participate in a beta release have got to be the most patient people that I know of.

This is my second such foray, the first was a flight sim, and the first 6 to 8 months of that adventure was maybe even a little more rough in the forums than it is here in rF2.

There have always been those who could never quite get the "beta" concept, even after saying that they did.

The majority of people that participate in the beta would buy it anyway when it finally went Gold.

A lot of them though, would have saved their selves a lot of self induced misery if they had actually waited for the Gold.

Personally I have learned to love participating in beta releases. It's fun, cause you never know what's coming next.

8. Nand Gate

Nand Gate Banned

soooob sob sob sob sob waaaaaaaaah snif sooob sob sob sniff waaaaaah

ROFL. What a $#%@. You have NO idea what you are talking about. You have no idea of graphics coding. You have no idea about racing sims. You have no idea about the product development cycle process ISI has chosen. You have no idea. ISI let us in on an alpha to beta product development phase. No company does that. None. But instead of being grateful - you whinge. Go to any game forum, anywhere. Look at all the whinging. Whinge whinge whinge. Mostly - about things they dont understand.

Thats you ;) Whinging about things you dont understand.

Come Christmas this year, rFactor2, will be the biggest and best racer online, and the best racing sim ever. I just wish I had a way to see all you whingers then, and remind you of what %$#@^! you were about it - and point out the fact that you now play it daily.

+1 CDNRacer
    +1 jimcarrel

EDIT: And not only will it be the biggest and best racer online, and the best racing sim ever - but when it finally goes release - I STILL DON'T HAY TO PAY! That's right. When it goes release, it will be almost twice what we bought it for. And I wont have to pay a cent. FOR ANOTHER WHOLE YEAR. aaaaaaaawwwwwww yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaahhhhhhh. So get your refund. Cant wait to see you spitting chips when you have to buy it again at twice the cost!!! rofl

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2012
  9. Tuttle

Tuttle Technical Art Director - Env Lead

Thanks for your help.

[​IMG]

10. Mulero

Mulero Registered

I will not have class but I am sincere. It may sound rude but it's how I feel. I can ban but will not change anything.

My version of RF2 is not stollen software. You probably downloaded the torrent from me or was one of the many people who downloaded a copy of the version 0.49 I hung on Megaupload.

As I said before I have gladly paid for RF2. I am the first to praise in fantastic work done ISI with the physical and the FFB, but also am the first to criticize what I think is wrong.

You are happy with RF2? Well you have a candy prize. The rest continue bitching and praying to give us the game we deserve.

PS: To you if you tended to ban (CdnRacer), do not report errors, not aporias ideas and the only thing you do is criticize those who are not happy with the game and try to help as we can. Fanboys are many and not worth at all.

11. Nand Gate

Nand Gate Banned

Lol - you owe ISI money for all the years you stole their software, come here - admit it - then complain? And expect ANYONE to listen to you? ROFL see a doctor pal.

:confused: Bye bye!!

12. Nand Gate

Nand Gate Banned

The best part was where he said this:

Awesome point bruz. Awesome.:cool:

13. Tuttle

Yes I am sir! Solid rock platform with a HUGE POTENTIAL under the hood...but u've too much negative and destructive patterns on your speaking..so move on piratebay to "test" other stuffs...:)

14. Mulero

Mulero Registered

I also am very happy with RF2, at least with some, but this does not mean we can not criticize what is wrong.

The game has great potential, but also has many shortcomings and Tuttle you know better than anyone.

Piratebay is a big problem for any game, but if it were not for me or we would never have known very many more rFactor rFactor2 much less.

My intention was to leave my opinion and not argue. If someone is offended by my words apart from the ISI I apologize. If someone else has something to discuss, the next time we agree on a server and be able to peer into my mirror tell me what you want.

15. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

Exactly!!

But if you're an arsehole(pendejo) about it nobody will listen to you and your complaint will be ignored. I understand you don't speak english and this could be very tough for you since google translation isn't very good. ;)

16. Tuttle

Mate, there is a great difference between criticize and insulting people and these kind of moaning and insulting post aren't opinions but aggressions. Think about this...

We all know there are things to fix/add/remove etc...and you can choose to be constructive or negative/destructive. Support ISI if you really like the title and be patient and respectful. Give it your feedback, ask for help, be critic if you need...but do not insult in that way...

I can feel me a bit frustrated for a feature I would like to see in the game but your approach is wrong, maybe because you really do not know what you're talking about....but this is not an excuse to going personal.

And let me said I feel frustrated as well, for some features are actually missed..but just because the potential is huge.

Express your feelings in a positive way, its free and healthy...:)

17. MarcG

MarcG Registered

...in the meantime, anyone else notice that Tim does a "Clean Up" of the forum Threads before an update? the Latest Build 69 thread for example has been unstickied.....clutching at straws maybe......but I reckon a new Build is coming very shortly ;)

18. Alesi

Alesi Registered

All this criticize goes because there is no feedback from ISI... we do not know on what they a working on, we do not know what about those bugs and other stuff community found in rf2... so we dont know what they fixing
    just silence...

19. baked bean

baked bean Registered

Yes maybe nxt week MarcG, just in time to test on my new pc when it arrives.

20. kill_em_all

kill_em_all Registered

It's true that when people compare the speed of updates and development of these alpha-beta stage games, rF2 is way slower than others, and it can be frustrating. Ofcourse it could be worse (see LFS).

I dont have any experience with rF1, but in the case of rF2 the physics and feel ar sharp, the driving seems to have somehow more degrees of freedom than other sims, don't know how to express it more clearly..

Going back to the criticism to rF2, there's little to none on the physics and FFB (wonder why...;) ), but about graphics. I guess it's a matter of taste, but the quality of lighting and shadows through the day (especially the windscreen reflections) together with the camera/head shake effect, give the best visual immersion that is there. pCars is nice, but somehow "candy" nice, too shiny, too much bling. Tracks in the night are goregeous in rF2, much better than pCars.

What rF2 is definitlely not (at least at this stage), is a screshot generator. The replay videos are ugly. I really woder how can be such a difference between the in-car graphics and the TV camera replays.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.