Next Update.....?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nand Gate, Apr 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jubuttib

jubuttib Registered

Releasing information would quite literally only serve to satisfy your curiosity at this point, and most game studios tell you even less than ISI about what they're doing behind the scenes.

Even if you paid for the game doesn't really mean squat in this regard. Just try asking EA for the status of updates on most every game. =P

2. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

It's not development of new features stage. It is beta testing one - means, fixing issues, improving things. There is no secrets any more. ISI has beat competition by RealRoad and dynamic weather, without secrets.

And yes - it is about satisfy customer curiosity. On this forum is only a few guys who complain openly. But believe me, there are a lot of unsatisfied people on various simracing forums, even rFactor focused. Much more than satisfied ones. ISI should take it into account because such communities are potential customers (or maybe even current customers as most of us has bought rF2 already)

3. zemaniac

zemaniac Registered

Even though they used to show some kind of progress in the past, before the beta was out...

4. mclaren777

mclaren777 Registered

I also think ISI was more transparent before the beta launched. :(

http://rfactor.net/web/rf2/

5. BasJon

BasJon Registered

jubuttib

"Even if you paid for the game doesn't really mean squat in this regard. Just try asking EA for the status of updates on most every game."

Im sorry but I dont agree on your statement it means everything let me tell you companies that treat you bad ! do you think you will return to buy their products in the future, these forums just seem to be more about arguing, some sticking up for ISI and others the opposite. In my opinion which I am entitled to, is I dont see why ISI do not keep us informed more after all we paid and we are supposed to be beta testers, we well most give feedback on positives and negatives of the sim but getting something back in return seems to be a problem that I dont know why.

6. MarcG

MarcG Registered

its widely regarded that people who moan and whinge do so a lot more on forums than those that like and love something, been that way for like EVER!

Its not even about telling us any "secrets" as such, just letting us know whats going on, what stuff they CAN talk about etc etc....but its been made apparent we will not get this until the game hits Gold.

7. Satangoss

Satangoss Registered

I know a thing: with this press release policy and support (or, in particular, their absence) if ISI was a publicly traded company their stock prices were near zero...

8. RNelson

RNelson Registered

For all the bitching and moaning about communication and customer service and how disgruntled the customers are and for every one or two people who post there are many more who are upset comments that get posted...once the next update is out and when the final product is released you will all download it and install it as fast as you possibly can. And then the bitching and moaning will move to the next phase.....

9. Mulero

Mulero Registered

15,000 visits a day that has this thread deserve a little more consideration by the ISI to the people who have paid to participate in the beta.

No updates, no news, no refund for most of us ......

10. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

id use more polite words but...+1 (cannot resist it, no offence to all)

11. frankwer

frankwer Registered

Enjoy the sun guys, the update comes when it comes, just put your mind on something else for a month and relax :)

12. blakboks

blakboks Registered

I love these made-up internet statistics... :D Yes, and for each person who is upset at comments that are posted, there's 2 more that are upset about the lack of updates/communication, but don't say anything either. (See, two can play at that game :D)

How many people are quietly standing by upset with the inane posts about how people should stop complaining?
    Yes, what you have described is called an "iterative process". Those of us who can't do something perfect the first try tend to use this method for creating something.

You call it "bitching and moaning" others call it "feedback". Really, aren't we just drawing lines in the sand?

I have lots of opinions on how things 'should' be handled, myself. I'm one who would always prefer transparency and communication.

We should remember, if this were iracing, the $50 or so we've all spent would've been burned up back in March (or sooner, depending on which content you wanted to run), so I think we're still getting a great deal even if updates are slow to come out.

P.S. Tim, we need more smileys. The ones provided do not appropriately express my emotions. :D

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2012
  13. ROON

ROON Registered

I can agree with you on that! ;)

14. RafBR

RafBR Registered

+1

:D lol

15. Bart S

Bart S Member

Thursday is a smashing day for an update.

Today I had much fun in the GTR @ PB it made a nice change as I not raced them in a month.

16. Axeslayer

Axeslayer Registered

ISI are holding back the update just to see how long this thread will get . So everyone stop posting then it will get released .
    OH damn I just delayed it some more !

17. Bart S

Bart S Member

Its now been 5min+ since my last post and still no update

18. coops

coops Banned

this thread 300,000 views 27 pages of BS............. PS: MY 2C WORTH: we had 2 last month looks like June for next 1

19. Mulero

Mulero Registered

Compare iRacing with RF2 in this section is a big mistake. These are games in the same sector but offer completely different things.

In iRacing there dedicated servers, the entire community is centralized, all cars are licensed, all tracks are scanned by laser .... It's expensive but also offer much. As I like to know because I still have to pay $ 13 fee on RF2?

PD: 20,000 visits to the topic in the last 24h. And so we took several days.

20. ZMC888

ZMC888 Registered

I must admit I am starting to become a bit frustrated. Sure, I know this is Beta, I also know that what ISI are doing is really time consuming and difficult. However I have paid for the privilege of using this Beta and I really don't want to play it again until there are some more updates, as I a bit bored of the content, and very excited about the potential.

It would just be nice to have a 'heads up'. For example, "We're working really hard to sort out the next build, at the moment we are debugging and things aren't going well. We'll try to get a new update this week, or early next week, sorry for the delay". Surely it couldn't be that hard?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.