Next Update.....?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nand Gate, Apr 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thuGG

thuGG Registered

That was just a rough estimation. You can't hold on that date.
    Personally, looking at where we are at the moment, I wouldn't be sure about gold release this year.

2. SimonV6

SimonV6 Registered

277k views, I guess this topic answer is eagerly awaited lol ;)

Simon

3. blakboks

blakboks Registered

I hope the announcement for when the update comes reads:

Now Shut Up!!!

:p

Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2012
  4. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

I was kinda hoping you will put a valid link there....

5. FONismo

FONismo Registered

+1

6. Cracheur

Cracheur Registered

pretty arrogant I must say! You buy a beta product (knowing the constraints, which have well been announced). Initially something like 6 month beta was "foreseen" (and not promised) and more or less monthly update releases. This seems to have changed now (we don't know actually). OK, I can live very well with this.
    However, if I see a "next update" thread with 270K views if I get the argument that giving information on the progress of the development "has no benefits for the company"... I personally think that's pretty much touching the limits of a healthy customer <> company relationship.

7. ROON

ROON Registered

I don't understand this. The issue with ISI is that many times you've defended yourselves by arguing that you do update us, but where is it all? If updates actually are being posted, they must be scattered across various threads and in bits and pieces all over the forum, because I for one haven't seen much of it. With all due respect, how hard is it to create a development blog or a simple sticky thread with weekly or monthly short posts detailing what is being worked on, and what is planned for the future? With the amount of time that is spent here responding to disgruntled customers who feel uninformed, you could actually write a small piece on what you're doing and keep people happy. There are indie developers that have less than ten people working on a project that still manage to keep their customers happy and informed with regular updates. I don't see why ISI is incapable of this?

Look at Sauropod Studios, two French-Canadian guys who recently quit their day jobs to persue their dream of creating games. Their title 'Castle Story' is a long way from release, but fans, followers and potential customers are kept informed with a raft of updates, eye candy and cool insights into what they're doing. This keeps people happy. This keeps people interested with the product. When Minecraft was an unknown little $10 alpha game, Mojang kept everyone informed about what they were doing as well. This is a commonplace in the gaming industry now, and even in the sim world. Just look at all the progress on Assetto Corsa that is shown.

People get all angry and attack ISI because we never hear anything, and then get told that when we do it just makes things worse anyway. Sorry but that is just a load of rot in my opinion. MarcG's post made me chuckle. I can actually hear the sorrowful violins wailing...

8. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

I've never seen a "fan base" of any game take things and twist them to suit their own impatience like this one lol.

ISI goes out of their way to never ever ever never promise anything.

Yet it's always the same thing: "You promised! ....You said every month! .....You said 6 months!!"

lol :D

That ^ is why we don't get updates and I don't blame them.

If ISI were a politician, and this forum was a newspaper..... ISI would be misquoted in every issue ;)

9. Cracheur

Cracheur Registered

ok, so long as you don't promise anything, you can do whatever you want. I'll check if this attitude works with my wife...

10. Spyder

Spyder Registered

Lol! Gotta laugh really because this is bordering on the ridiculous...

I'm gonna buy Diablo 3 to give myself a break from the RF2 forums, I enjoyed the beta and the constant patches and Dev updates ;)

11. mrbblack

mrbblack Banned

Honestly tim..
    U ban me for wanting to play your game and askign to get back into a server .. yet you let all these nippy people rant on about an update they have no patience !

And its half of the guys who try and bully me in the forums threatening me with bans when they have no power and reporting me for the slightest thing ..

ROON your rant at ISI is pathetic who can even be arsed reading that crap .

12. Spyder

Spyder Registered

You're aggressive and rude so it's no wonder people take issue with you.

13. Cracheur

Cracheur Registered

that's actually how it was meant to be... and actually it's well adapted to the situation-;)

14. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

No point replying to him anymore, he can't read your posts.

FYI, I don't mind anybody making any kind of posts, as long as it's vaguely on-topic and POLITELY posted. Disagree with each other, disagree with me, that's fine, just don't be offensive. :)

15. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

i'm realy curious what information are clasified stopping isi to inform us about. it must be new extraordinary mod handling system or new version of diffuse shaders ;) most unique in simracing world features like real track and weather system has been announced months ago without problem. information abou fixing issue a, b and c must realy hurt ISI position. yeah right.

cmon stop this bs. such statements are good for employeea rather. in fact owners of big companies which are fighting for market ussualy play golf with each other or spend vacations together talking freely about features of their products.

16. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Tim turn your PMs back on need to discuss my local track (about you know what!), just seen something potentially uselful!

17. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Yes mrbblack, good one to suck up with ISI......I remember YOU making about five topics on when the update was coming out.......

Now, I have been patient, but I got back to RF1......screw this. Not about the updates, not waiting for them because so far, with the two updates we had, my system got worse......posted it here and no feedback of ISI whatsoever. "We are busy working on the game"........sure. There is enough time to post in here for them and not always in a nice way.
    Tim for instance is sometimes talking to us in a "let us alone" manner and treating us like children. It seems to have become a "them against us" story for him but ISI (Tim) should realize that we are the customers; we pay THEM to play our game and that is their income.......NOT the other way around.

Guys saying that ALL is going to be fine and ISI works hard on ALL the problems (look at RF1 thet say) should open their eyes; bugs in rf1 have not been taken care of; for instance the AI problem......NEVER been taken care of and the SAME F'ing bug was in RF2 also........last update got a little bit better but still not even close.

So, here we are, playing this game for what? 5 or 6 months now? Still having a handful of cars and tracks and even fewer updates let alone some info........
    I got sick of it; got back to RF1 and leave this for now; maybe later I get back to it but now I just want to PLAY a racing game instead of being busy with settings all the time and the stuttering, lock's and so on.

Now I know, most of you like to suck up to ISI and are about to attack me with terms like "you don't know what a beta means" and "ISI is working hard, they don't have time for this, they better spend it on the game".......dont even bother!
    I know how I want to be treated as a customer and if I go into a shop for a carton of milk and the guy treats me like Tim does here to some people, I would not buy it there; wouldn't even give him the business.
    That's what is happening here; a lot of arrogance to the people that give them money by buying their product!

18. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

rude a bit but hard to not agree

19. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Edit to my last post; ALL ISI does right NOW, is give me negative points! There IS time for that AND very quick too!! Nice to see it can be done :)

Says it all I think.......saying what is on my mind as a customer......getting fined by the shop owner.......

Probably not bothered by the feelings of the customer and not thinking "what could have set him of to write this?"

EDIT; I also started a few threats with advise and hints on how to make your game more pleasant to people and ironing out some of your bugs......
    Where were you then ISI? No points then.....or is the point system just to pull people DOWN? Now you are there and quick too ;)

1 person likes this.
  20. MarcG

MarcG Registered

all this bitterness has made me hungry, off for Pizza, night all x

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.