Next Update.....?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nand Gate, Apr 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cangrejo

Cangrejo Registered

Never mind. We can expect. :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

2. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

That's not what I said, but I find it funny that you think rF2 has paid for itself yet.

But I just came in here (communicating with you, spending time - I don't have - here, updating you that there is nothing I can update), and posted, and that was your reply to it, thereby proving my stance correct. I feel vindicated, thanks.

You said yourself that things weren't set in stone, and that's correct. The post I quoted first (above) is attacking us for giving no information, and here you are attacking us for having a bad guess (giving information). There is, therefore, no way for us to communicate with you (that works for us) in a way which is satisfying for you. So yes, it is that difficult. We're damned if we do, or don't.

It seems some completely confuse announcing things and marketing, with development. This is development (we do the development, you get it when it's ready). You paid to early purchase rFactor2 during development, that's all, if money was an additional factor in you expecting something else, you mis-understood (or didn't read) the posts that multiple people made trying to get you to calm down about what the software was.

You will get communication in the form of announcements, updates, and marketing, when we're at that stage.

3. TJones

TJones Registered

Tim, i can understand your decision not to announce some sort of releasdates, as you made some negative experiences in the past.
    But for me and maybe others, it´s realy difficult to understand, that you dosen´t want to write a few words, at least about roughly developement direction. Not even a word about internal patches.

However, it doesn´t crash my world if you decide to keep silence about, but can you give us a good reason?

Thank´s for your time.

4. mrbblack

mrbblack Banned

this allways builds up like a steaming kettle until booiling point where no one can take any more then..

pop

an update and everyone is happy and tim is like HAAAAAAAAA EAT IT

5. thuGG

thuGG Registered

With that kind of argumentation you could release update next summer and then say "well, we had a bad guess, why are you attacking us?".

6. ethone

ethone Registered

I for one have read several updates from people like Scott and Luc.

Writing in your own style is time-consuming. Writing for a specific audience is more time-consuming. Writing for a specific audience and requiring collection of data and information is even more time-consuming and takes additional time from those who develop the software or content. That's a good enough reason.
    Oh and the damned-if-you-do-damned-if-you-don't thing too. With ISI's manpower there's little to nothing to gain for them while infringing on their core commitment of development.

7. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

Tim, any thing you say is true, if took out of context. You mostly use sentences like 'nothing has been promissed' or 'we have nothing to say more'. if you, as PR think it is proper way to cominicate with your customers - then OK. but personaly I don't think it works for other than a few fanatics.

let's do the test: ask 100 people if they expected beta version on cmass2011 rather then full ver.

then ask them if what they undrstood unde 'open beta' term. if they will be beta testers or just customers who bought prepaid version. *)

looks like you may be surprised by the result. ita true, there is a few persons who will argue against me but believe me there is more people who complaining or just stop using/testing rf2 . do you care about this? you said on once that nothing bad been said' we hang on our imagined expectations. but there are too much people whos expectation failed. it may not be coincidence nor mass halucination.

*) giving us open beta, you made us beta testers, not customers who bought preorder. but you act like we are not part of developement. no info about progress on single reported issues is a proof of it.

so dont be surprised. it is not about money, it is not about wating, lack of up-to-date features, or huge ammount of bugs. we all understand that rt2 is not finished. it is about how majority reacts on bow ISI or you comunicate with us. saing 'im here to say I have nothing to say' after 2 month of developements is good example what I'm talking about

with regards

8. 88mphTim

I find it easy to write long-winded texts (see my blog). :) Not everyone can do that, or wants to. And like I said, like you said, there's nothing to gain for us, and long-term, nothing to gain for you.

YOU lose out eventually as the time (which all adds up) that it could take to force someone who does not write, to write, could equal that of a feature you all end up screaming for.

9. TJones

TJones Registered

I understand you ethone, but I didn´t wrote about a detailed article, only a few word´s maybe about internal patches.

10. 88mphTim

Or the world could end on December 21st, yes. But that kind of extreme example seems a little odd to me.

11. 88mphTim

That benefits nobody. The instant that a feature is announced like that as being worked on, people want it now, in whatever state it's in. That's not going to happen, and we're also not going to give out secrets that other companies can watch to guess future plans. Some of the features make it very obvious what is out direction, and we're not ready for that exposure, as I've said......

12. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

I can accept whatever communication is offered and just let people work.
    Knowing what they're doing won't change what they're doing. It will only serve to satisfy my curiosity, which I have well under control regardless :)

And I'd appreciate if you would at least hesitate before classifying me as a fanatic again :)

13. 88mphTim

I've explained this plenty now, because I feel I've done that, and it isn't getting through, I am unfortunately not going to be able to assist with this direction of questioning. We'll go where you want when we're ready.

Thanks for your patience (and I'm being serious, that's not a joke/insult). :)

14. TJones

TJones Registered

Ok Tim, actually you gave me some reasons I can deal with.

Understood. :)

15. MarcG

MarcG Registered

lol taking it to extremes there Tim, how many times do the ISI staff get up to make a cuppa tea?! add all that up and BANG we lose time on RF2 and things get delayed! My last word on this subject and its that I think you're using your own opinion too much without actually asking anyone at ISI if they want to write a few words every few weeks.

....and all this "damned if we do/dont" [​IMG]

as much as I love the RF franchise/ISI and will continue to do so for many years to come...sometimes I do despair!

16. Tuttle

Tuttle Technical Art Director - Env Lead

That's enough for me!!!

Thanks! :D

17. Alesi

Alesi Registered

maybe it will be better to close forum until next update (or full game)?)

hmm..That's not going to happen, and we're also not going to give out secrets that other companies can watch to guess future plans. - that explanation very interesting, and i agree with it (if the secrets will be) ;)

18. gigignecco

gigignecco Registered

Goodevening, my question is for ISI people.
    You (ISI) said very clearly that the beta period would be 6 months long. Starting from 11.01.2012 that means the official (full) game will be released by 11.07.2012. Can I still believe this? Thank you!

19. Hagen Tröger

Hagen Tröger Registered

20. MarcG

MarcG Registered

6months was a general guess, they never said it would be exactly 6months, personally I wont be surprised if it goes long beyond that (and I wont complain either!).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.