Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by WSVR, Sep 25, 2014.
Thx a lot superb mod
Thank you very much for your update! Can't get enough touring cars!
Some request/suggestion (or let's call them my wishes for the next update):
Inside window materials should have a different alpha sorting number than the outside window materials to avoid strange clipping. I found this on the Focus (all inside windows) and the MG (front window), you can see it in the showroom.
Window material shaders or texture setup on all car's looks slightly different. But maybe it's only the Merc window material and some of the headlight glasses that have individual/different setups. Would be awesome if these could be aligned
The Merc grill looks a bit too thick, maybe this could be thinned to look more like the original one. Also applying a texture from a photo may increase the realistic look.
In the showroom/spinner the steering wheel from the Merc is placed on the floor (at 0,0,0 I guess). Would be cool if the wheel could be placed in the car (maybe sticked to the steering column or placed laying on the dashboard?).
Thanks for the feedback.
1) Could you explain the window alpha bit again? We've created two shaders/gmt's for windows (windows=out, windshieldin=in) and the two alphas need to be different, as an outside alpha won't work for inside.
2) Headlight glass are something we're working on, and sometimes are not the same as the window gmt/shader.
3) We're not going to apply a new texture to it, mainly because that's a ton of work and don't feel the merc chrome looks bad. Sizing wise it looks right to us, it's quite a chunky piece.
4) We can fix the steering wheel in the showroom.
We've got a list of stuff we feel needs improving/updating. Why we released as 0.95, not the perfect 1.0 we would like
1) It's not related to the gmt or shader. You can assign different alpha sorting numbers to a material that are supposed to sort them for rendering (did this with the ISI Civic in a private project and know it works). Here is a screenshot from the Focus where the sorting issue is clearly visible:
In 3DSimED for example, you can enter the alpha sorting for each material in the material editing pane (very much at the bottom of the material setup list). If I'm not mistaken you should set 7 for the inside and 8 for the outside window material to solve that. However, in case my description is too generic and you cannot solve it by that, I could have a look again and send you a detailed description of a material setup that works.
2) Yeah, can understand this. Your mod is a big project. Maybe before 1.0 release you find the time to go through all models and apply/copy the same material settings and prepare the textures accordingly.
3) Maybe you are right regarding the texture. I compared some photos with the model again and think it's not really a texture issue. But still I think the mesh of the chrome is a bit too thick compared to the original. The star looks "hair-thin" or "filigree" in real, while it does look a bit thick and plump on the model. Here is a screenshot aside of a photo (tried to find at least the same grill model, don't know if that's the right car model):
1) I see, I know the issue. I put the windshieldin.gmt in the gen file and forgot to remove when experimenting.
2) Yeah, we plan to do this
3) I think it's basically we mapped the chrome to be fully chrome, but the BTCC Merc is half black towards the back? We'll see what we can do, thanks for the spot. I'm sad you haven't commented on how perfect all the new chrome looks </3
Merci for the feedback (Y)
Quick go last night in VR. Super mod !
Think I mentioned it last update but the mirrors don't adjust which is a huge deal for VR. The default position is way out to the sides and unusable.
Any chance of updating this?
Thanks Matt, we'll look into this for 1.0. I personally don't have VR, but we do have testers that do.
For your mirrors to be adjustable, they need to be separated in individual files and the naming convention as follows............
xyz_lmirror_in.gmt - left
xyz_cmirror_in.gmt - centre
xyz_rmirror_in.gmt - right
where xyz is your prefix for car, for example
hope this helps
3) Yes, that could be it. Guess the black grill parts are placed a little more forward so the grill doesn't look that deep in the end. And sorry for the chrome, I'm not the chrome fan but yeah, you did a splendid job on that!
Something else I noted today:
The inside window textures do look a bit edgy in the MG and maybe others. Would love to see some higher res textures there
Just for fun I've enabled the transparent trainer again for some hotlapping, and the trainer for the MG is rendered with the rain exclusion box in closer distances:
Like I said before, I personally love touring cars and I really love yours. If constructive feedback is welcome and helps, I'm glad to give it. Also if any quick 3D or 2D stuff can help, I'm glad to support you that way too!
Think worked out the MG issue. Does it happen to any other cars?
Tried all and only found the MG
@StrawmanAndy any chance you could take screenshots of the templates opened in PS for me? Would be great if the layers and (if applicable) any layer effects are visible). I opened the templates with the GIMP and think that there are some settings that were not imported. To translate the templates correctly this additional information would be very helpful. Thanks!
There's so many templates, but this is an example one. Let me know which ones you're having issues with and I look at them
Yesterday we hit 10,000 subscribers on Steam! Thanks to everyone who has subscribed and helped us, we hope you're all enjoying the cars. We're still working on updates, improvements and also other cars (like the F4 and G40). Be sure to like our page (https://www.facebook.com/nextgenmodteam/) and if anyone would like to donate, feel free by using our "Donate" button on the page. All funds go to the late night coffees and endless sugar we eat.
You really deserve it, great mod, and improving all the time...
Thank you for your great job !
Very fun to drive .
I think it is worth mentioning that the BMW E90 CTCR 2019 is BOP to this mod as well https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=521757798
Weird. I guess it's good, but I asked years ago (when it first came out) if I could take the BMW and make it competitive against the BTCC Honda Civic. They said no. Turns out NGMT accepted me, look at us now
Anyone looking for a race series in these is welcome to join us at SiG Racing
Test race Friday 1st Practice starts 8pm GMT Quali 8:30 race start 9. Three races each Friday with grids based on finishing order and reverse finishing order to mix things up a bit.
Details and registration below
can some one tell me where v 1.3 comes from ?
Separate names with a comma.