Newbie Question - Where can I find a car?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by davef, Dec 23, 2019.

1. davef

davef Registered

Sorry for my ignorance on rFactor but I could use a bit of information - please be kind!
    I am an rFactor novice - so I don't really understand the relationship between rFactor, Studio 397 and who / what develops new cars and tracks.

I race cars for a hobby (not on a sim - I'm a poor sim driver) and have used rFactor to train for races.

We are considering running a 1st gen Lexus IS300 (also the Toyota Alteeza) next year. I would love to find a realistic model of this car and do some training with it.

When I search online there appear to be models of this car that someone (people/companies/etc.) have created. For example this:

But I have no idea where or how to find these cars and get them loaded onto my version of rFactor.

Also, is there any way to know if the physics behind these cars are reasonably accurate or if they are just approximations?

In an ideal world, I would love a physically accurate representation of the car that I can try experimenting with. We will run our car on a dyno and should have accurate HP / Torque mapping. I would love to play around with spring rates, camber, gear ratios, etc. and see the impact on times in the virtual world.

I am willing to pay for an accurate representation of the car and advice if necessary.
    Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks!