(newb question) how to "accept" pit strategy

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SunnySunday, Nov 3, 2017.

1. SunnySunday

SunnySunday Registered

Hey, so when I call for pit stop I get the menu up to choose what I want to do. The last race I had rain coming so I stopped to change tires to wet. I can't seem to figure out how to save or accept my changes. So I changed to wet tires and tries pressing enter and a bunch of other buttons but the menu doesn't go away and when I ended up piting my tires never got changed. What button is default? Thanks

2. ebeninca

ebeninca Registered

There is no accept button, you have to configure the pit options before you stop the car in pit box, pit crew automatically applies what you left on the pit screen. You can use the LCD Mode button to switch to another screen.

3. Kaitsu_69

Kaitsu_69 Registered

Depends you wheel and choice. I use Logitech DFGT, so I did assing "cross" button to navigate in the menus. Left and right button I can change values on the pit menu, no need to accept them just change the values you want. I dont remember the name of that lcd menu, but there is 8 different view's on it and some button to change between.

4. SunnySunday

SunnySunday Registered

hm that's wierd because that's exactly what I did, then in pit stop the timer for the various segments came up like damage repair 24sec, fuel 16 sec etc. But no change tire. I don't know i'm gonna have to try again and see what happens

5. Alexandr Meshkov

Alexandr Meshkov Registered

If tire change and refueling goes simultaneously then only one parameter(that takes more time) showing up.

6. SunnySunday

SunnySunday Registered

ok thanks guys. Car felt very slippery tho, didnt feel like wet tires. Anyways i'll experiment a little more :) Is there a way to see what tires are on the car while driving?

7. ebeninca

ebeninca Registered

if i'm not wrong, the tires you see in the pit screen after the stop are currently which ones you are using.

Besides that i don't know another way to knowing this information.

I recommend you to test this things in practice.