F1 80's Mod project seasons pack (historical demo released)

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by trollray, Apr 27, 2020.

1. oldman

oldman Registered

Yes, really looking forward to it.

2. Corti

Corti Registered

yesss, a big job!!

3. RoWo

RoWo Member

I'm not a mod creator, so it's more up to them to say, what they think about this.
    But I mean, you have tried really hard to contact @carrera.4 and you got no response. With your upgrade of his mod he should be fine, if you give him credits. It's "only" cams and AI and you will not release this package as "made by trollray".

Lars and atomed like this.
  4. jymp

jymp Registered

Will there be 76', 77' coming as well ?

5. Endor

Endor Registered

yes, don't forget that this mod is "old" (conversion from the rf1 mod, which was made in 2010/12 I think), and maybe the author is not interested anymore by modding. It doesn't mean of course that we can do what we want, but you are juste giving a new life to the same mod in a respectful way, so if he doesn't answer after weeks, adding original credits could be ok, we are not talking about copyright material

atomed likes this.
  6. trollray

trollray Registered

Thanks for your answers, that's how i feel the use of this 88 mod and of course, all credits to the different authors will be mentioned.
    ;)

Hazi and Lars like this.
  7. TheBigDawg

TheBigDawg Registered

best way to handle it. i mean theres so many rf1 mods that i dont thing any of the teams are around that would be awesome to see in rf2. i know one open wheel mod for rf1 a friend of mine had a hand in was put in rf2 he was thrilled. to see people were still interested and using it. so as long as cred is given id say....well....gex would say....lock and load lil lizard ;-)

Lars and atomed like this.
  8. thegreatradish

thegreatradish Registered

I've been following htis with great interest, your work looks brilliant trollray and will be highly appreciated for sure.

I'm intrigued by the HE upgrade for the '86 cars. Are these individual physics for each car or engine differences? Did postipate help out or did you tackle it on your own?

As an offline racer I'm really looking forward to this!

9. trollray

trollray Registered

Thanks,
    i've change some of the values with the agreement of postipate.
    All cars are different in performances, mass, engines and also failures probability. ;)
    The base is the same as LE but the feeling now is different from cars and you must handle some of them with caution to avoid failures ;)

10. thegreatradish

thegreatradish Registered

Awesome, thanks!

11. trollray

trollray Registered

1986a.png 1986b.png
    Hi. Some fresh news here.
    First i've finished the 86 pack now.
    Final step for 88 is on the way.
    As you can see in pictures, i've just darken a little the SR 86 tyres version. They look better like this i think. ;)
    Hope Postipate will not disagree, that's the only graphical touch that i put in no worry ;)

For the rest, well, a big work done now and near finish line.
    AI work has been made to catch human behavior as much as i can.
    I was focused this week on pit and fuel issues. That has push me far in the tyres physics but it was not a lost of time.
    My explanation of the work is that AI can make the same laptime than a driver but out of the box, it will not behave as a human would.
    For exemple : same laptime but not same break point or speed in curve etc..
    That result in a unconfortable drive with the ai.
    This fact was increased in rain conditions.

So, now, i've done my best to have ai drivers that you can really battle with or stay in their exhausts to find the right opening. ;)
    I've made also differences in strategies to mimic drivers style.
    (Exemple : Prost was a smooth driver and was pitting late but never too late.
    Mansell was know to be more agressive and take some risks in the pitstrategies (cfr Adelaide;) )

Now i'm doing the same work on 88 season but must be easier (just dry/wet tyres ).
    After that, i just have to learn how to put that in a whole package on steam workshop lol ;)
    Bye
    Cheers

Attached Files:

12. trollray

trollray Registered

Sad news.
    As with the last build out, i realise that i can't change all this material by myself.
    If somenone coud do it and/or explain it clearly, i would take the time to do it but that's a HUGE work i think.
    I'm not telling that it's not a good move by s397 but it's very hard to see how the mods in this package looks so bad now.

@ChiefWiggum , you seems to know how to make your cars shine, maybe you can help me here?
    Thanks in advance.
    (Very discouraged now i must admit :( )

atomed likes this.
  13. Chris Lesperance

Chris Lesperance Registered

You're not the only one doing classic F1 and having the same reaction. ASR is stopping rF2 work because of this.

I have a write up here. Hopefully it'll work for you.
    https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/ibl-pbr-car-shader-assistance.64024/

The one main thing is that redoing the skins to take full advantage will require removing the shading layer from the skin texture. So basically redoing the skin, is more that likely required. It'll still work the old way, but looks better with out.

atomed likes this.
  14. trollray

trollray Registered

Yes chris, i ve sow it.
    But can i do it for the whole cars and tracks?
    If the results will be better, i could invest time on it but i m more a tweaker than a pure modder. My work was more on ai path than in graphical things. Thats a new learning step and it sounds already complex for experienced guys so i am a bit affraid of it now...

15. Chris Lesperance

Chris Lesperance Registered

Ahh good point. I forgot that this isi including the tracks. I haven't gotten very far in track modding, so my knowledge there is lacking.

16. dimaone

dimaone Registered

ПРОЕКТ DEATH?

17. Lars

Lars Registered

Hi trollray,
    apreciate your work very much so far!
    isnt it possible to release your 86 HE? could play it with the last build but one

Duncan and atomed like this.
  18. trollray

trollray Registered

Hi, i was a little bit out of rfactor for these days for personnal reasons.
    I was also a bit surpirsed by the new shaders thing and didn't helped.

I'm back to buisiness now but i really need some help here.
    I can finish the ai work tweaks of course but i would like to make it shine too.
    I wil probably release it with old shaders but why not doing it in the new version?

SO, if some people are interested to make the job or help, i will be very pleased by that because i don't have any clue to make this graphical tweaks ;).
    If someone can offer me a step by step process to make it with all cars and tracks, That will take a lot of time for me but why not ;)

Thanks for your answers and support.
    Cheers

atomed, Mauro, atlantakat and 4 others like this.
  19. Endor

Endor Registered

Hi, what are the problems in details ? I've worked on several f1 mods for rf1 and also converted the 86 mod by Chief for the same rf1, that means working also on the shaders , if I can help I can try, tell me on mp

Raven_ARG, Manfredk2, Duncan and 2 others like this.
  20. trollray

trollray Registered

@Endor , i try to put some screenshots but, now, the forum says "
    The following error occurred:
    Security error occurred. Please refresh the page and try again."