[New UI] multiplayer server list

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by avenger82, May 6, 2019.

1. avenger82

avenger82 Registered

On April 2019 roadmap there's a screenshot of server list browser for multiplayer:

upload_2019-5-6_16-29-10.png

As you can see there's still no indication of how many AI (or real) players occupy a server before you join it. That's quite disappointing, because mostly when servers are filled, virtually all of cars turn out to be AI. I've also seen few times (i.e. on reddit) users complain public server browser is useless for that reason and even someone commented it will be fixed in new UI. So I think devs or someone from S397 knows about this issue.
    @Marcel Offermans
    I can understand devs were busy with new UI, but while implementing it it's really not that hard to count real/AI players on server and add that info to the server browser so they can sort by real user count? Also indication whether it's practice/quali/race and maybe time left would be quite useful (as it's done in most other sims).
    I know many players join leagues or other organized races, and perhaps new competition system will be good alternative, but I think such simple enhancements would make the server browser much more useful for new users ( or less user-unfriendly).

McFlex likes this.
  2. Daniele Vidimari

Daniele Vidimari Registered

Maybe the players count you see there is already real players-only? A bit early to be disappointed o_O

buddhatree likes this.
  3. lagg

lagg Registered

Spyro and avenger82 like this.
  4. avenger82

avenger82 Registered

I thought matchmaker is separate thing. Anyway I was expecting that by now UI would be in beta stage and not that some features are bare minimum functionality or not working. But we can only be patient, it's better to get it later than in alpha stage.

lagg likes this.
  5. Lazza

Lazza Registered

The matchmaker is in the (new) UI. It says that in the linked page you pulled the screenshot from.

It's obviously using the same matchmaker as we are (hence the usual servers listed) and that matchmaker doesn't provide info like AI numbers, otherwise they might have added that to the existing matchmaker already.

As for alpha/beta, whatever. If it gets released with the same functionality as now it's not the end of the line or the world.

lagg likes this.
  6. Marcel Offermans

Marcel Offermans Registered

Just to confirm, the screenshot was a "work in progress" shot, and we will definitely add the probably most requested feature for this list (showing AI and player cars on a server separately).

Fremen78, emha76, Akela_DE and 6 others like this.
  7. Binny

Binny Guest

is there a list of features we can see or vote on that might help in getting feedback ?

Staenker likes this.