New UI ---> Latency time HUD + clipping tool HUD

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by dadaboomda, Dec 16, 2017.

1. dadaboomda

dadaboomda Registered

New UI :

1) I would be brief because this has already been asked.

A tool to avoid clipping, to have the data in real time during the race to be able to regulate it : I suppose a specific HUD. It should imperatively include the possibility to adjust in real time the multiplier FFB, otherwise it is useless.

2) An ultra simplistic HUD would be enough to show in real time the latency of the steering wheel in milliseconds. If other devices like the pedalboard in particular are supported, it would be nice.

If it's technically feasible and not too expensive, I recommend doing it.

Because for drive in simulation, avoid clipping and reduce latency are essential !

2. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

I don't think the latency one is either feasible or practical . I understand that you refer to the time it takes since you provide an action until it is represented in the screen.

This delay will mainly depend on the monitor you use and on the fps the game is running. The first one is out of the possibilities of the game. For the second one you already have fps (100fps =10 ms). Considering both, fps is the best indicator of delay that rF2 can provide and it is already there.

Hence the best and only thing you can do to minimize latency issues is to run high fps and use a low latency monitor(<10 ms). Both combined having a 15 ms latency should be the best you could aspire.

bwana likes this.
  3. dadaboomda

dadaboomda Registered

Thanks for the explanation, I did not know it was so simple.

On the other hand in the case of vsync with 60 FPS, is there a specificity, because it is always said that the vsync is bad for latency?

Otherwise it makes me about 17 ms + the TV is in game mode.

Thank you for your clarification.

4. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

Human brain is fantastic, if you are using vsync at 60hz/60 fps you brain learns to handle 17 ms latency and you don`t even notice it ;)