New UI -> crash to desktop...

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Yzangard, Dec 23, 2020.

1. Ludo21

Ludo21 Registered

After deleting my uderdata folder, I no longer have back to the w10 desktop, but ..... During a session with the AIs, I have a stopper ... After a while, the ia run but the times are frozen ....!? Do you have this problem?

2. Ludo21

Ludo21 Registered

I spoke too fast .... Complete crash again! Rf2 blocked and back to office ....! I'm fed up! it's a shame the arrival of this new AI! I had no worries before!

3. Roberb

Roberb Registered

mine was a problem caused by a process that remained active in the wheel and did not start the game. I solved this! The next block problem only happened once. I rebooted and everything was fine! Too bad that this new U.I gives these problems. I hope they can solve them as soon as possible because you're right, it's really nerve-wracking !!

4. Ludo21

Ludo21 Registered

Oddly, in a 50 minute session, it still crashes after 20 minutes ...?
    There, I have just had a complete blockage, forcing to reboot the computer ....

5. Ludo21

Ludo21 Registered

I have a fanatec CSW 2.5, and indeed it may be from there. I removed the controller json file, and obviously no more locks ... But I'm waiting tomorrow for more tests ...

6. Roberb

Roberb Registered

I have already tried it several times and it works, every time I start it it restarts quietly! The process that blocked the start and remained in the wheel is given by reading the game title (rF2) that appeared on the wheel display (I use the wheel V2 but also the BMW GT2) before the game started. So I think that's the problem. It should therefore not give any more problems. Now I'll try it again anyway!

7. Ludo21

Ludo21 Registered

Well, things are getting a little better. No more returning to the office and definitive blocking ... But .... In the middle of a qualifying session with AIs, the times are blocked and I cannot move on to the next session ...?! I don't think it's coming from the controller Json file now .... and from my CSW 2.5?

Roberb likes this.
  8. Ludo21

Ludo21 Registered

Although .... in my last error report, trace file.:
    Unacquiring device "FANATEC ClubSport Wheel Base V2.5" (if this is the last line in your trace.txt, your controller driver is probably buggy)
    3586.43s hwinput.cpp 1813: Now releasing same device (if this is the last line in your trace.txt, your controller driver is probably buggy)
    3586.43s hwinput.cpp 1815: Device successfully uninitialized
    3586.43s hwinput.cpp 1805: Unacquiring device "FANATEC ClubSport Wheel Base V2.5" (if this is the last line in your trace.txt, your controller driver is probably buggy)
    3586.48s hwinput.cpp 1813: Now releasing same device (if this is the last line in your trace.txt, your controller driver is probably buggy)
    3586.48s hwinput.cpp 1815: Device successfully uninitialized
    3586.48s hwinput.cpp 1805: Unacquiring device "FANATEC ClubSport Pedals V3" (if this is the last line in your trace.txt, your controller driver is probably buggy)
    3586.48s hwinput.cpp 1813: Now releasing same device (if this is the last line in your trace.txt, your controller driver is probably buggy)

9. Roberb

Roberb Registered

this does not happen to me. I always manage to access the next stage. Surely as you say, it can't be a controller.json file problem. Does this happen to you all the time or only sometimes?

10. Ludo21

Ludo21 Registered

I just did a 30 minute session with two ai .... And no problem .... So it's not permanent .... But hey ... It's annoying, because I do a lot of shopping against ia ....

Roberb likes this.
  11. Ludo21

Ludo21 Registered

OK .... 30 minute sessions with 18 AIs .... Crash after 10 minutes, back to office ...
    The new UI is crap! And I'm really fed up ... !! Everything worked so well before!

Attached Files:

12. Roberb

Roberb Registered

your drivers are obviously all up to date, right? The new U.I will certainly need time to be metabolized and I hope that the S397 guys work to be able to give an even better product as soon as possible. Are the hardware components all right? RAM, video card, HDD or SSD .... I really don't know what to say for those constant blocks

13. Ludo21

Ludo21 Registered

Of course my computer is still performing well .... It worked very well under the old UI, I'm a fan of offline racing .... Even with the new UI, the graphical cursors all full or almost and 20 ia visible , I'm running at 70/120 FPS.
    My computer: Core i5-8600K 3.60 Ghz, 32 Gb RAm, Geforce GTX 1070 Ti and 1 To SSD ....

Roberb likes this.
  14. Roberb

Roberb Registered

I imagined that your pc was performing! I also love to run offline and I love it when sims bring offline championships to you! You tell me that you run with a number of A.I opponents much higher than mine. I noticed that if I go above 20, the cars driven by the A.I stutter and when I overtake them or when they overtake me, accidents often occur precisely because the stuttering makes the car "jump" back and forth. I solved it by putting the number 9 instead of 20.

15. Ludo21

Ludo21 Registered

ok, yes I think my computer is still good despite its age .... More than enough for RF2 at the moment.
    Good...
    I just did a test against 15 ia .... I put my car in ia too, because I just didn't plug in my Fanatec CSW 2.5 ..... And everything works!
    I try several tests tomorrow without turning on the fanatec ....
    If it really comes from there, it would be time for S397 to move ...!

Roberb likes this.
  16. Lazza

Lazza Registered

These lines are all normal and fine, they're only an issue if they're literally the last line in the file (which would mean something went wrong, and the game crashed/froze).

17. Yzangard

Yzangard Registered

Hey,
    Sorry, was away for the new year.

Here is one for example...

Note that after deleting all content from LOG folder, and after rebooting, the game accepted to launch...nothing else have changed, I have always the same "mods" and I only use official content. I bet tomorrow in the morning, the game won't launch properly without any explanation...

As you can see, last lines are device swapping, there are hundreds of them and I don't know what it means...no dev available to give a clue, seriously ? I mean com'on, first report of this kind of bug was something like 1 year ago...

Attached Files:

18. Lazza

Lazza Registered

For whatever reason it appears to be picking up the same device twice, and that's making it then later decide they're ripe for swapping:

Code:
      37.07s hwinput.cpp  8352: Enumerated Device 0 - Name:UGT Sim LCD and CONTROLS V2  DeviceID 04d8f4c3  InstanceID:7B6860B0-2DB5-11EA-8018-444553540000
      37.07s hwinput.cpp  1629: Controller was enumerated ...
      37.07s hwinput.cpp  1765: ... and successfully initialized
      37.07s hwinput.cpp  8352: Enumerated Device 1 - Name:UGT Sim LCD and CONTROLS V2  DeviceID 04d8f4c3  InstanceID:7B6DB7E0-2DB5-11EA-801D-444553540000
      37.07s hwinput.cpp  1629: Controller was enumerated ...
      37.07s hwinput.cpp  1765: ... and successfully initialized

Does everything look ok in device manager?

19. Yzangard

Yzangard Registered

Adding the trace file from the "w

Yes, every other simulation is working fine, I don't have any problem beside rFactor 2.

As you can see, no problem at all :

upload_2021-1-3_1-4-35.png

20. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I meant more, is there any sign of duplicate entries for that device?

For testing, if possible, unplug that device and see if that helps your issue. If not, we can forget about it and move on...