New UI - Bugs (27+3 and counting) listing, detailed reports.

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Havner, Dec 7, 2020.

1. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

the F12 screenshots are held by Steam, You have to exit rF2 and use Steam to save the screenshots. I think closing steam would erase the screenshots from memory.

2. Tom Lory

Tom Lory Registered

Thank you lagg and davehenrie.

I realized after I posted that the popup was a Steam popup and sure enough the screenshots are viewable on Steam but not as helpful as having them locally on my PC for Efnet Simracing purposes. For the record, before the new (2021) UI, F12 screenshots did go to the Screenshots folder on my PC.

With rF1 it wasn't possible to get screenshots of the "showroom" but it has (had) been with rF2. Maybe it's been Steam all along and there's an rF2 screenshot hot key that I'm not aware of.

3. Havner

Havner Registered

Enter rFactor 2 in steam library. Scroll down the game window until you see the "SCREENSHOT" box on the right. Hit "Manage my XX screenshots". Window will appear. Click "show on disk".

For ease of access add this directory to "Quick access" in Windows Fire Explorer. You don't need to do anything after quitting the game in Steam for those screenshots to appear there. They are always kept offline.

lagg, DJCruicky and Juergen-BY like this.
  4. Marc Brink

Marc Brink Registered

The replay section is still not working properly. (for a long time!)
    When loading a replay, a black screen appears for about 35-40sec to load the replay.
    Then the 1st image I get is a car on top of an aeroplane: (depending on the track)

[​IMG]

This was a race at Road America which has a flying plane and helicopter implemented.

5. Davide Arduini

Davide Arduini Registered

Hi there, I found a bug related to the chat in the chat in the new ui. Basically, when you enter a server and you open the chat while being in the pit monitor, all is correct. But if you go out for a drive and new events show in the chat while driving, when you come back to the pit monitor and open again the chat, it will appear in this state:

bug_chat_rf2_new_ui.jpg

The chat appears split in two parts: the upper one goes from the moment when you return to the pits, to the actual hour; the lower goes from the moment when you enter the server to the moment you left the pits.
    I don't know exactly what triggers this bug, but most of the times I've seen it, I also wrote in the chat, so maybe writing may be the cause.

6. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Yep, the messages are sorted by time only, so 00:xx gets put before 23:xx. I thought this was already on the list but can't see it.

Should get sorted by date+time instead.

7. Davide Arduini

Davide Arduini Registered

Oh god, right, I didnt realize it, lol. Thank you

8. Roberto.F18

Roberto.F18 Registered

Bug 19.
    Non riesco ad assegnare la frizione ai pad posteriori del volante.
    Viene riconosciuto tutti i pulsanti del volante tranne i pad magnetico.
    Forse รจ da cambiare qualche parametro del file J.son.
    Aiuto