Released New!!!! Two Strong Pack (McLaren Senna GTR / The Aston Vantage GTE)

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Aug 16, 2019.

1. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Registered

It is... S397 was doing a community event, months ago, with this car and it was pretty fun. Definetly a good racing machine and track toy.
    It would be great, if rF2 would finally punish you for exploiting early downshifts, because this is a major gain in this car (also ABS was allowed on the server and to be honest...this takes away ALL the "finesse" of driving this car).

2. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

Don't get me wrong, i like the GTR (although its hard to hear the tire's, volume v low when locking up), and i'd like to run a race with a full field of 18 cars which i can do with the GT3's no problem! Thats on a 750Ti graphics card. But if i try that with the GTR's the FPS with GTR's drops by half and its just no good

3. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

Dunno what the feck you're talking about mate ;)

4. lagg

lagg Registered

:D

Paul McC likes this.
  5. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

Hey this racefactor site you've got in your post. Looks interesting but is there a way to see it in English?

6. lagg

lagg Registered

No, sorry.
    We had in the past the forum in both languages, but i had to translate a lot of posts.
    Too much work for me.

Paul McC likes this.
  7. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

Have you ever considered that your card might be a little outdated?

8. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

Of course it is, but it does negate the point that 18 GT3 cars from S397 can run fine on it at 65fps but 18 GTR’s from S397 cannot and drop to about 20 FPS, like I said it’s fecking ridiculous!

9. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

Damn, guess I need to be more multilingual

lagg likes this.
  10. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

which I'm very surprised off from a low end 2014 card with only 2 gigs of vram. You can think of it like this: It's amazing how they manage to run 18 gt3's on such a card.

Paul McC likes this.
  11. CrimsonEminence

When rF2 would have the look of an up-to-date product in all departments, i would agree. But many things are more down to sub-optimal optimization.

Paul McC likes this.
  12. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

Mate, you wouldn’t believe what I can squeeze out of this card and my system. When you got no income cause you’re works gone to shxt and you can’t afford to upgrade, you get really good at tweaking your card settings, windows settings and game setting to get drivable frame rates.

My spec:
    Core i5 2400 3.10ghz cpu
    GTX 750ti 2g gpu
    4G ram
    All running off Windows 10 on SSD.

And I can do a 24 hours race of the S397 Le Mans track condensed into 1 hour with that! (X25 time of course) with full 24 hour day to night cycle, changing weather including rain, and 18 S397 GT3,s (mixed models not just 18 of one of them) with that. FPS at 60ish most of the time with nothing lower than 30 at lowest point.

Maybe I’ll try make a video

13. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

Absolutely! So hopefully with the big bucks that must be coming in from all the F1 live participation they will inject some money into optimisation amongst other things. With these physics, if it looked like a code masters game, ran like the Madness engine does, had the damage system iracings now got and had some of the features GTR2 had. Can you imagine how nuts this sim would be!

14. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

rF2 looks way better than a few years back, same goes for tracks. So don't really understand what you're getting at.

That ironically shows how well rF2 actually is optimised.

15. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

I'll be honest, I'me very interested in some rF2 benchmarks from you

16. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

No mate, that’s how hard I’ve worked, I’m talking mega hours! And the whole GTRs running at less than half FPS of their other cars that came out around the same time proves how badly optimised it is. I love this sim but it is the worst optimised game I’ve ever played. Ever!

17. CrimsonEminence

It does...but it doesn't run better at all, as soon, as it comes to large tracks with changing light and weather conditions. It will run into its own restrictions pretty fast then. This graphics engine is pretty much the thing, you would expect to run on 2014' hardware, only judged by its look.
    Sorry, but seriously? rF2 is code stacked on code, stacked on more code and a real challenge for development, that takes so long for a reason. This is not optimization and this is also understandable, to an amount, because S397 is not a AAA studio with all the ressources. It's unavoidable to have it running problematically in some occasions. Limiting the severity of drop in performance is more up to the user, than it could be, probably.^^
    But here i have to say, you probably need an upgrade at some point in time. Your RAM will be TANKED, because 2gb VRAM isn't enough anymore today, to deal with all the texture memory, needed and it will reach through to your RAM and very soon to your drive, which has huge impact on your performance. The processor could be still pretty much okay, for now, but the circumstances to work with, are probably bottlenecking.

18. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

I know right, but imagine if this ran well straight out of the box, no hours soon hours of tweaking! AMS 2 for instance with rain and day to night is really showing what can be done, if all I wanted to play was that, I wouldn’t even have to upgrade my ancient tech when I get some cash, it runs great! This is why I hope they get the cash injection they need from all this press they’re getting and can then invest in stuff the big game company’s can afford whilst still remaining the most realistic sim. Running better, looking better, better sales, more money, to produce more cars, tracks, and we get more players to race online! Imagine full servers all over the place! I’m a dreamer man! But I have hope! Im getting a bit over excited here, but ain’t that what we all want?

19. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

Yeah I know right! It’s like trying to win Le Mans in a Morris Marina, but I get some damn good results for what I’ve got to work with. Anyway wanna give a grand?

20. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

This is more a problem for development than actual performance though. And even then, that it can actually run on such hardware, is not "that’s how hard I’ve worked". It might've helped a little bit, but trust me, no matter how much you tweak, you can't get R9 280 performance out of a 750 TI. not even close.