new track! Snetterton 300 0.2 By F1-S-R

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TiTaN, Jan 25, 2012.

1. Eaglerapids

Eaglerapids Registered

I think the track looks great and I appreciate being able to drive it, we need more tracks. This isn't the same layout as Snetterton 67 in GPL, to answer an earlier question, it's windier from turn 2 to the beginning of the straight down to the bridge.
    Thank you lasercutter.

2. Kev Higgins

Kev Higgins Registered

In lasercutter's post above, it does state that the AIW was never finalised for rF1.. So I'd take a guess that it's probably not finished for rF2 either. I am glad this track found it's way here, it looks (from the video) stunning, so no im off to give it a go!

General comment:

A lot of people here have very harsh comments to make about other people's work. I think we should all try and remember that this is a BETA release of rF2, and therefore surely it goes without saying that tracks and mods released during this phase (which is what the ISI Dev's wanted otherwise the focus of this beta wouldn't have been towards modders), are probably wisely considered as Alpha or Beta releases too.. In other words.. To modders modding.. I cannot wait to try out your stuff, I wont pass judgement till I've tried things myself, and even then I'll do my best to remember that you guys are the clever ones who know how to do all this stuff.. We are just your audience. To those with the harsh comments.. How about remembering that without mod releases (of any kind) there'd be nothing 'new' to test in rF2, or to test rF2's newer features with, till ISI brings out more stuff.

Back on topic, off to try the track. Thanks!

3. philmcqueen

philmcqueen Registered

A small problem since the circuit have been installed ...... This is the message have got once i click on RACE and the circuit is loading

View attachment 862

If any one will have a suggestion to resolved this problem . Thanks.

4. philmcqueen

philmcqueen Registered

Okay i´ve found the solution . I had 29 IA in race setting . I ve turned it down to 2 and the circuit load perfectly.

5. rVeloce

rVeloce Registered

One thing i noticed missing is, engine sound should "hicup" when hitting dips and bumps, pCars does this good.

6. kmw

kmw Registered

Laser, even if it was released accidently, I would like to say thanks, it is a great piece of work for such a short time spent on it, I really wish I could learn to do this. For what it's worth, I really hope you decide to add some more detail and refine the AIW, I have been hoping for the new Snetterton layout since it was built, and this is the first I've seen on any sim. Please consider updating it in the future, it will go well when we start running our own championships with the other British circuits in due course. In any case it's great to drive thanks :)

7. Acestumacher

Acestumacher Registered

It wasnt released by accident, see here, http://f1-sim-racer.co.uk/index.php/forum/44-rfactor-2-tracks-wip/2184-snetterton-300-released
    What pisses me off is when people take a direct download link and post it elsewhere, that way people do not know why something has come out, to start with it was posted in "WIP" for those that dont know thats "Work In Progress", also that does not mean it will go any further than a "WIP", plus seeing it has come out, its useless to post feedback here where only the download link was posted (this has now been corrected), so far I have seen two sites posting direct links to download, F1Classics and Bsimracing, admins of those sites, sort yourselves out!

8. SLuisHamilton

SLuisHamilton Banned

Thats what i try to explain but my terrible english skills don´t let me. Thanks for effort trying understand me.

9. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Ditto! And I love that the grass feels like grass instead of granite.

10. mrp510

mrp510 Registered

Ok,I Downloaded this Track and it's installed in the game..(shows in the list of mods) but can't seem to get it to show up in game.
    I'm sure its something simple.
    Any ideas? Thanks.

11. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

Choose "all cars and tracks" racing series in-game and it should show up.

12. mrp510

mrp510 Registered

Can someone please post the All tracks and cars link as it shows nothing.

13. kmw

kmw Registered

What exacty do you mean by 'the link shows nothing'?
    When I select 'All tracks and cars' in menu, it does not show how many cars, tracks are available, but once selected, it changes which cars and tracks can be selected in the other buttons; you should be able to then go to the tracks button, scroll to the right and select Snetterton. If you can't then it must not have installed properly.

14. mrp510

mrp510 Registered

Ok..just did the re-install again and all good....yes,I'm a noob.:rolleyes:

15. kmw

kmw Registered

Great stuff, glad you got it sorted :)

16. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Well, it will be a real shame if this track is not "finished" when it is so good already. We just need the alternate layout and some AI and minor graphics tweaks... Please someone with those track-making talents pick up the torch!

17. rer8

rer8 Registered

Nice track. No issues with the load. I got a stop/go penalty first time out. Went to pits, but pits have no friction... couldn't stop.

18. lasercutter

lasercutter Registered

As I've found myself with a spare couple of days I have fixed most of the issues with the track that have been mentioned in this thread (I hope)

19. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

That's wonderful...and even better if you will be kind enough to release an update.

20. CordellCahill

CordellCahill Registered

Thanks for the track