[New Track]Question About Spawning Car In Dev Mode

Discussion in 'Track Modding' started by YutaniDesigns, Sep 19, 2013.

1. YutaniDesigns

YutaniDesigns Registered

Hi everyone I am currently creating a new track from scratch and I am at the point of testing the race track in Dev Mode everything loads as expected But My pit Crew and My car spawn up in the Air and No where near my track.
    Is there a way to tell the pit crew and my car to spawn at a location I choose or do I have to Model My Track around the location of the Pit crew and My Car's Spawn Point.
    Any assistance that can be given would be received with many thanks.

2. Luc Van Camp

Luc Van Camp Track Team Staff Member

It would be better to have some drivable surface at (0,0,0), yes. The alternative would be to create a temporary road object that goes from world zero to the race track. From there, you can create an AIW and store the garage positions, ...

3. YutaniDesigns

YutaniDesigns Registered

So I take it 0,0,0 is My Pitbox
    Many thanks for your advice

4. YutaniDesigns

YutaniDesigns Registered

Ok So I have started again and built from 0,0,0 but My Car is still spawning in the Air. This is really stupid why is there no way to set the point the car spawns I have sent hours moving the track up and down 1 pixel at a time until I can see it above me and below me and yet my car will never appear on it is going on. I am no begginer with 3D max and I knopw what I am doing but this game engine just makes no sense why would it spawn a car in space the drop it but then stop it before it lands on the track surface.
    Well I am totally stuck and see no way for way if I can not line it up moving at 1 pixel at a time then I have no idea what this game engine need to a line the car to the track.
    Would it be a max thing ? I am using Max 2012 and I have read it is rubbish could this be the reason the car and track just do not line up ?

5. Jka

Jka Member Staff Member

Check out you track's aiw file's first garage location, which should be 0,0,0. Then you will spawn to correct position.

[PITS]
    TeamIndex=0
    PitPos=(-17.462,-0.601,-70.898)
    PitOri=(0.006,-3.123,-0.019)
    GarPos=(0.000,0.000,0.000)

Cheers!

6. YutaniDesigns

YutaniDesigns Registered

Many thanks I new there must of been a way to tell it to spawn in a position working a treat