New to RF2 and i have some questions

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Akela_DE, Sep 18, 2018.

1. Akela_DE

Akela_DE Registered

so, this is my second attempt to find my way into RF2. First i gave up because of bad performance and AI, this time it looks somewhat better on perf. side. Not perfect, but mostly 40-60fps with my setup - i5 6600k, GTX970, T500. Except rain, with 20 identical cars i am down to 20fps. :( (Triples 5760x1080)

While playing around some questions arose (is that right ? i am german. arise arose have arisen wtf ...)

1. tire pressure and type : how can i see them on track ? Do i really need a plugin and which one ?

2. AI: just played around in Zandvoort, nice track, but: AI is always going to fly in the same 2 spots - third and sixth or seventh corner. I start last (AI Strength 100%, Aggr. 50%) and after 5 laps i am almost in front without really racing. Yellow,yellow, yellow. Can that be fixxed somehow ?
    Other than that, the AI is really cool to race with! And the FFB and car behaviour is great!

3. Opponent sound is very low. Can i get that louder in the ini file ?

Last edited: Sep 18, 2018
  2. Akela_DE

Akela_DE Registered

After Update today the AI on Zandvoort seems better now. Thx!

3. Christos Segkounas

Christos Segkounas Registered

In the audio settings you can adjust the sliders for individual sounds, you can do that in-garage.
    AI will always be too quick/too slow in some corners on every track, you have to learn to live with that.
    If you cycle through your HUD on the bottom right corner you will bring up the pit stop menu, same as if you request a pitstop, it will show up.
    By default you will be offered to change tires at the pitstop with the same type that you currently have on so should you forget what tire you are running you can always check that.
    Same for tire pressures, you may have to scroll down.
    I believe you cannot see your tire pressures real-time but if you press escape and go back to garage you can see the tire pressures at the time of quitting.
    Also you can install the DAMPlugin that is basically telemetry and will log all the performance parameters of the car you might be interested in, you can check them later using Motec.

4. Alessio Feletto

Alessio Feletto Registered

You' re doing something wrong mate or maybe you're running triple screens or VR! I've more or less your system specs and it runs smooth on a single monitor 37" locked at 60Fps.
    Here my settings:
    1.PNG 365960_20180918164003_1.png

5. Akela_DE

Akela_DE Registered

Thx for the suggestion with DAMP, i will check that out. And AI: its not that they are to slow, they are always going offtrack in Zandvoort 6/7 corner. But it seems to be better now.
    And i know that i can tune the sound, but thats why i asked, it doesnt really make a difference.

@elnando8 yes, i forgot to mention i am on a triple setup. Runs fine mostly, 40-60 fps except rain. But i have to tune a lot down of course.
    For comparison, in PC2 with 30 cars, most medium, some high settings, rain i got 30-60 fps in Le Mans, thats totally fine.

Alessio Feletto likes this.
  6. Akela_DE

Akela_DE Registered

hmja, *cough sound fixed, seems i simply got effects to high. Put it under "dumbquestion"

David Kolody likes this.
  7. Akela_DE

Akela_DE Registered

really, this game is not for beginners aka userfriendly :)
    Aftter hours and days of searching i managed to create a SP raceevent with the Endurace pack and some tracks like sebring - yes! That was simple, Heidi! uumpf
    But: wth is DPi ?o_O Damage per inch ? Do i need that ? it seems so, if i let that aside, i have only one car class on track
    :D

Last edited: Sep 20, 2018
  8. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

DPI is the LMP2 class but with manufacturer provided engines in the USA IMSA series. Nissan, Acura/Honda, Cadillac are some of those engines. Some of the 3rd party painters have provided many of the DPI skins for use with the LMP2 Endurance pack. The cars still use the stock Gibson engine from the S397 pack but the skins allow for larger fields. Same thing was done for the WEC field with many of the Hybrids being merely painted LMP2 cars.

9. Akela_DE

Akela_DE Registered

Thank you for the info!

10. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

AI in rF2 "learns" with more laps. Maybe you restart over and over. If you do qualy and then a race the AI will be much better in the race. I dont know if i did something to my AI settings but you can change that stuff in many ways.

11. Akela_DE

Akela_DE Registered

ok, thank you
    but in every race with or without quali the AI was going offtrack in Zandvoorts fast 6 and seventh rightbenders. And not one or two cars, there was always a 5 or 6 cars pack going in the sand. As i said, three or four laps and i was in the lead because of that. Thats clearly better with the last track-update, it happens, but not so often and not so many cars, so i can race them.

12. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Registered

I had the same problem in the 3rd corner of Zandvoort. S397 GT3's seemed to handle it well but Simtek's GT3 were more often than not going off track.

13. Akela_DE

Akela_DE Registered

Are they still doing that ?
    as you can see in my highly professional video of this odd behaviour ... ;) they do it in the first lap, but the rest of a short race seems fine.

I babble german bullcrap, dont mention it

14. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Registered

I didn't really have any issues on that corner in your video. It was always the 3rd corner. Slightly hitting the curb on the right, unsettling the car and spinning around. Happened multiple times during a 30 lap race but it was always the Simtek cars, S397 GT3's handled it well so it might be mod related, will have to test with other cars.