New Tire Contact Patch

Discussion in 'Car Modding' started by Feralarri, May 20, 2015.

1. Feralarri

Feralarri Registered

Just trying to find out some info on the new TGM parameters in the latest contact patch TGM files. I have developed a tire for a mod but I am needing to fine tune some of these parameters and struggling to understand what they do.

Does MODDEV have the same functions as rf2 itself with regards to how it treats the tire files? I am trying to add more temp and wear to tire but do not seem to be able to get a significant increase.

Will ISI be releasing some info shortly as the V3 Tiretool pdf is no longer much of a reference as much as now changed?

Just looking for some help with this.

Thanks

2. Liquid4653

Liquid4653 Registered

Well considering the current paperwork in the dev corner is from 2013 and covers build 240, it is well out of date, pretty much like most the reference material we have from ISI in dev corner.

I would not hold my breath for updated paperwork period, let alone for tyres.

Hopefully some guys here who make tyres can assist, but no-one is making the new contact patch tyre yet anyway.

Experimentation is key, wish you the best of luck mate.

Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2015
  3. Feralarri

Feralarri Registered

Thanks for the reply Liquid4653. If I just knew what units some of the values in the new contact patch parameters were, I could probs work it out. I have the tyre made and run through ttool. I just need to fine tune basespringperunitarea and basedamperperunitarea and others.

Any help Tim or ISI?