New Rig

Discussion in 'Hardware Building/Buying/Usage Advice' started by Handsy, May 14, 2012.

1. Handsy

Handsy Registered

2. BasJon

BasJon Registered

Not too bad but it wont be able to run every thing maxed out such as shadows and enviroment reflections, but that is only at the moment maybe the game will become more stable and optimized in future updates or the full release.

3. Handsy

Handsy Registered

what would i need to upgrade to achieve max settings?

4. Jka

Jka Member Staff Member

In this point, it might be wise decision to wait final version of the software before upgrading.

As far as I know, gfx engine will be updated and optimized during open beta. So investing big bucks for new hardware now, just for rF2 BETA, might lead unnecessary waise of money because final hardware requirements is still unknown.

Cheers!

5. Bart S

Bart S Member

If your going 3 screens and fullHD my GTX680 bearly just copes max everything. With multiview rendering 3 different screens and no HDR as yet because of a bug I trundle along at around 50-60fps avg. With singleview rendering and HDR on again 50-60fps avg.

Your requirements maybe less graphically demanding with a single screen however if you want to keep ahead of 60fps I wouldnt pick less than a 580 if I where you.

As far as I can see from my upgrades the graphics card is the most important part of the system, I use an OC'ed old processor that still does the job well enough. See my Specs

6. Handsy

Handsy Registered

This is im building a new PC and want to order this week as i have no pc at the mo. Is a gtx 580 better that a 7970?

7. Bart S

Bart S Member

Dont go with ATI if rFactor is your main game performance is much better on nVidia. If your considering a 7970 why not go for a GTX680 instead, absolutly a monster of a card, just buy less ram and smaller power supply if affordability is a problem. Just read OP get a smaller Hard Drive 1TB to save money

8. Handsy

Handsy Registered

9. coops

coops Banned

if not going the new gtx680 go the gtx560 ti great card around $300 aussie and if you sli better than the 570 or 580. but 3 screens go the gtx 680 or if got plenty $$$$ go the gtx 690 4gig ram card... check my specs it does rf2 great and should be fine when game is finished..

10. Handsy

Handsy Registered

11. modmate

modmate Registered

I would`nt buy a I7,,,what for??? Hyperthreading is the biggest fail and you can get easily the performance of a I7 with a I5 2500K when it comes to gaming, my system runs stable on 4.4 GHZ at 1.2 VC with a max coretemp of under 60 degrees celsius. Also i can run all maxed out despite the bugs build in rfactors engine itself.
    And for GFX i would prefer the GTX570 Phantom i have , cause the 670 isnt really a performance hit here, save the money or go up to a 680.

And just btw, ALL prices are to high mate. OMG
    I can get a Logitech MK520 for 30€ brandnew, yours is about 50€...crazy...do some research to get a better price mate, you can save easily 100-200 there.
    Also DONT buy that Powersuply, get something more stable, seriously , dont buy it.
    Get something from Cougar or be quiet.
    And at least buy a CPU cooler , dont trust those boxed BS coolers. Nearly every aftermarket cooler is way better then that.

Greets Modmate

Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2012
  12. Devin

Devin Member Staff Member

Is that a joke?
    I'm running on Zotac GeForce GTX470 AMP (slower than 560Ti), Intel core I5 2500 (a bit slower than 2500k) and 2x2GB RAM
    Everything max, 30 AI, HDR and every other performancekilling thing ;)

It's running at more than 80FPS like this, the first one is not bad ;)

13. modmate

modmate Registered

Even if i know the I5 2500k verry well i do also know 100% sure that your above setup NEVER ends with 80FPS stable. NEVER.
    30 AI drivers and all maxed out with that card , no mate.;) I would love to see the framedrops in corners or in situations with many cars involved.

14. dodswm

dodswm Registered

The prices aren't bad.... Directly converting into Euros isn't really comparable (about £39 is the cheapest you can get the MK520 in the UK).

Unless you want to order some stuff from one place, some from another and pay separate postage for all of them, then this isn't a bad deal.

15. modmate

modmate Registered

Just an example:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Logitech-92...L9G4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1337008968&sr=8-1

Starting with 33 pounds new.
    I can do hat for all items and even if i get 2 distributors its gettin way cheaper.
    And if i do the math correct he could think about importing it from germany cause i can get that system with a better powersupply for about 700€. Even with shipping its much cheaper, no?

Also if it needs to be in uk he can get everything of Amazon with free shipping, just 1 -2 brands are changing then and he will save at least 70-90 if he do research.

Another one...The i7 for 210 instead 233:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Intel-Sandy...1_1?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1337009374&sr=1-1

So you see i am right here.

16. Cristian Why

Cristian Why Registered

I5 2500 and I5 2500K are identical except the k version has overcooking capabilities

17. Bart S

Bart S Member

Try this place mate its in my back yard practically and every best price I find on the internet for an item this place is usually the cheapest or not far out. www.scan.co.uk then try this place www.overclockers.co.uk but I heard customer support complaints about the last one.
    I would also dismiss Devins comments as modmate has, the 560ti is minimum I'd go for to aim for near max settings but it doesnt leave you much head room for fps. Trust me money is better spent on gfx card, also get a card with minimum 1.5gb vram not that 560ti with only 1gb. Infact just get a GTX670, I think you will be hitting around 100fps max everything on 1 screen. Again forget ATI for rFactor2 trust me

18. Devin

Devin Member Staff Member

Minimum 35fps :D believe it or not, it's true ;)

19. modmate

modmate Registered

Well, a drop from 80 to 35 is verry noticeable and will return in inaccurate driving at least.
    And for the I5, the "K" means that its unlocked and you can setup the multiplier to +44, thats why its the best cpu to get right now.
    If you work with CAD and stuff go with the I7, for everything else a I5.

20. GaryL

GaryL Registered

Does anyone think this statement is just true during the beta phase or if some day one of the updates will address the ATi problems?, or is a 5770 just a no hoper as far as modern day gaming is concerned?, seems ok in all other stuff though,....but i wouldnt need much of a nudge to go back to nV....