New rig for rf2 and 3d modelling...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tjc, Apr 22, 2014.

1. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

@Panigale

Corsair hydro fits in A31 like it was made for it.

Make sure your cooling and case match first, that is what user forums are for . :)

Silver Arrow is not cooler then a Hydro who told you that. ..... They cool comparable.

Corsair 100 is not noisy !@! Where do you get this stuff from ? and
    whats that ............sarcasm ? about what exactly ?

Personally l will never use a air cooler again and I used the best there is including water.

I rather clean a Corsair radiator ( lift slightly out of case blow out with air )

Air cooler you need to remove, reseat, repaste to do a proper job.

I rather aesthetics of Hydro.

Air coolers take up a huge area of case volume

Hydro and water run cooler in higher ambient temperatures, Mine runs at 4.5GHz all Summer.

In my summer 40C ANY AIR COOLER you will have to use a deskfan to cool the case air Hydro just keeps runnin'

It is up to tj but if you are getting air cooling then you want different case. :)

if it is the gay blue fluro worrying you............. lol

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2014
  2. Panigale

Panigale Banned

To be clear the H100i problem has nothing to do with the case...

The issue I'm referring to is how the brackets fit on the mobo. It clearly states support for Z87 boards yet many people report the bracket is loose. That was my issue as well. Someone said this was ok because it will tighten up when your screw down the cooling head to the CPU but that isn't completely true. Some play is left and that will impact how well the unit cools. i.e. Many also have complained of it not cooling well and that is most likely why.
    To get it to seat correctly some washers need to be added, doesn't have to be tight, just enough so it doesn't move. I forget my tests but I'm OC'd at 4.2 and under full load all cores it won't pass much over 50C. It works great but most Z87 users report issues. Adding washers was the consensus on the forums and it works well.

3. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

The brackets have ALWAYS been LOOSE .........IF YOU DO IT THE WRONG WAY !

Nothing to do with a Z87 did the same on P67 Z77 yadda

ONCE you tighten the thumbscrews it CANT MOVE no matter if the bracket is loose or not. IT HAS NO EFFECT on cooling NONE at ALL
    :) only thing would affect cooling is the dolt inserting the pump and squeezing thermal tape wrong.

YES some motherboard maybe you need a washer if it bothers you ..... BIG DEAL ? :)

1. 4670K is just a extremely hot chip

2. Many of these people came from a Intel 2500/2600 which run a lot cooler at full load.

So you " repaste" the Hydro for your new prcoessor.

3. Right .......just now a lot of people have just wrecked the thermal properties of their Hydro.........okay

To get a Hydro to cool as good after repasting is a Art.
    No matter the care I take I never been able to get a Hydro back to stock temps, always 1+ C higher once you remove them and repaste.

THAT IS WHY YOU NEVER REMOVE THEM lol

One 1 did after 3 years ( just to change motherboards ) the thermal material was still like new ie : uniform. BTW: I do not mean it was that good I re-used it. lopl

:)

4. Panigale

Panigale Banned

5. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

I do not know what that is, acknowledgement, a fob off or sarcasm. :)

I have fitted 6 Hydros and from my experience.

Bracket can be loose - YES
    Can you fix it easily - YES

Does a loose bracket effect cooling - NO

After re-paste can you attain identical temperature - Most people, I DOUBT IT

;) Not picking on ya mate just don't want TJ to get the wrong idea.

Check the 2 pics TJ of case

https://www.thermaltakeusa.com/products-model.aspx?id=C_00001969

1. The whopping big TT cooler ( btw that is the much larger A71 case, same design ) it would look even bigger in a A31
    2. The TT Pro liquid cooling ......... very similar to the Hydro

Tell me what looks better and what do you think makes for better airflow ?

Sure the heatsink sort of looks evil but Hydro has the F1 Look. lopl

6. tjc

tjc Registered

Ok, very first thing to say is everyone who`s posted in this thread is giving me options to consider and also telling it as it is from their experience.

That`s all good.

I`ll decide on a build that suits me to get what I`d like and need and what will suit my budget.

I very much appreciate all the replies etc. :)

Second thing to say is I don`t like anything being loose. If I decide on the H100i then I accept what your saying D... as long as it tightens like it should it`ll be fine.

You know, the more pics I see of that case the more I`m beginning to like it... I know those pics are of a different model to the one you linked to D but it does have a look to it...

The Hydro definitely looks better mate... I like the look of it, always have but I do have to consider things. I know cooling is important (despite asking if it could be ruled out earlier) so...

Still got to decide...

7. tjc

tjc Registered

I just found the case (A31) on Amazon for £64.89 too...

:cool:

8. Liquid4653

Liquid4653 Registered

I have had all of them, a Noctua DH-14 and the silver arrow and an H100i, all in same spec same environment. Both the air coolers were cooler than the H100i in maximum mode, and the air coolers had standard fans they came with.

Yes, it's only 3 or 4 degrees and you could call it sort of comparable but ultimately what I said remains valid;-)

This place doesn't list the silver arrow but it shows the DH-14, and tbh I think you know they are comparable,

http://cdn.overclock.net/6/60/500x1000px-LL-602e086d_index.png, even the Coolermaster 212+ evo beats an H100i and that's a £30 cooler.

You are quite right about their bulk though and tbh something like the 212+ evo would suit tjc just fine, trouble would be finding one now.

9. Panigale

Panigale Banned

Not picking on you either but what wrong idea are you going on about? You agree the bracket can be loose and it can be fixed easily? That is exactly what has been said. :confused:

I do disagree that leaving it loose won't affect cooling, common sense tells me otherwise but hey you say no in caps so that must make you right. Feel free to share some temps of a full load test with the loose bracket, that might be actually worth something. If they are 50c or better for a 4770K OC'd then I might believe it.

10. tjc

tjc Registered

Just to say, this has not been abandoned...

I`ve started a thread in the Hardware forum for the build.

Tim, if you come across this thread you could just close it I suppose.

:)