Released New Release Candidate Update - Client 7969457

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Paul Jeffrey, Dec 15, 2021.

1. dylbie

dylbie Registered

Honestly this is so sad.

I haven't raced on rF2 for over a year now as I was disgusted with the way things were going in 2020 with the stupid fictional EV car and the focus on eSports. I don't rate other sims, and only ever used to play rF2. So Studio397, with their questionable decisions, have single handedly destroyed one of my favourite hobbies.

I used to do some modding with rF2 as some of you may know, and had some plans to bring some historic touring cars to the sim. I was never a 'pro' modder, just someone who enjoyed messing around trying to get some cars that I wanted to drive into the game. Studio397's decision to concentrate on bullsh!t like eSports (which interest only 5% of the user base) and no attention to easily fixable bugs or features that would actually improve user experience, no attention to physics updates like clutch/drivetrain simulation. This has all made me give up. What's the point in busting my balls staying up late in the evenings working on cars, if the direction of the developers of the game can't even sort their sh!t out.

After a year out of not playing rF2 and occasionally visiting this forum and witnessing the sh!tshow that has been the last 12 months, I have come to some conclusions and this isn't gonna be pretty:

1. Studio397 do not have the manpower, or the knowledge to improve the core of the game and take rF2 into the future.
    2. Studio397 do not have the leadership to make the correct decisions to drive rF2 forward. In my opinion, Motorsport Games are only going to make this worse.
    3. The focus on eSports is not the correct decision to increase the user base of the game. Just look at Steam Charts for the depressing reality that rF2 is sinking.
    4. In my opinion, at this stage Studio397 aren't really offering any more than a half decent modding team, releasing cars and tracks (some with some really basic errors - unfinished, poor optimisations, poor AIW etc).

Having not played for over 12 months I'm not really invested in rF2 any more so I feel I can make more critical (brutal) observations. Of course, I would love for Studio397 to pull their fingers out of their asses and actually start listening, but I honestly question if this will happen, and even if they have the ability to do so.

I keep checking this forum from time to time in hope things will get better, but every time I check it gets worse.

Sad.

Kahel, Binny, Mulero and 13 others like this.
  2. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

neither more nor less than what you said ... they fix 1 thing, they spoil 5, they take out labels and they don't work in VR, THEY HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE,

DaREALMastaD likes this.
  3. pilAUTO

pilAUTO Registered

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to switch to VR for the moment.

But I find it amazing that such a feature does not work in VR.

It's really nonsense, and that means a lot of things, isn't it............... :eek:

juanchioooo and Nieubermesch like this.
  4. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

No. Of course I don't. Where from?
    The developers responsible could have taken VR support into account right away.
    Another failure in my eyes.
    Is there no sensible planning there?
    Don't you know that many VR users are out and about with rF2?
    What's the point?
    What is finally with a working AIW regarding Monza?
    The AI does not create the 2 Lesmo since release (!). That's what I left money for.
    Service = 0!
    I will buy nothing more from you, until finally a structured planning is in sight.
    All these and many other things just scare me away from rF2. Unfortunately!
    In other Sims I miss the ingenious FFB and also the Physic.
    Although even there, Sector 3 is now on par.
    It's a real shame to see what you make of rF2.

Nieubermesch likes this.
  5. Nieubermesch

Nieubermesch Registered

I could only imagine what RF2 would be like if another simulation studio on the market could have aquired it... I can only imagine... S397 better get their shit together and I hope it's very soon, because until then I will also not be buyingg new stuff until the game has seen some propper love to bug fixing and older content update with dragging problems.

Binny and Vanisch like this.
  6. Vanisch

Vanisch Registered

I've been a huge fan of RF2 so far!
    But now it's over. I have been so annoyed about the bad development lately that I no longer enjoy RF2. I'm not interested in e-sports and neither are very many here!
    I would like a great simulation to pass the time or for some online races with other enthusiastic SimRacers.
    The numerous good modders have made RF2 what it was ... namely great offline and online fun!

What Studio 397 made of RF2 this year is no longer acceptable to me either and I haven't bought the last releases of tracks and cars either.
    How can you get Monza out and neglect the AI so much?
    There are a lot of offline racers and that's what RF2 made for a lot of sim racers.

COMPLETED!

Studio 397: Finally find your way back to what RF2 was all about! Fun factor and good simulation.

there is another way: The new update of AMS 2 with the Indycar 98!
    This is pure fun and has been implemented in a brilliant way.

You did that until last year too! New content that was really fun and not trying to do justice to any minority and destroy everything in the process.

datasting, Dady Cairo and Hazi like this.
  7. RNelson

RNelson Registered

I gotta chuckle. People demand a hardcore sim, rail about this feature or that not implemented ruining the immersion and then demand the labels above cars and complain when they get them about how they look....I have watched lots of auto races over the years and don't recall seeing those floating graphics above the cars going around the track....seems a bit ironic to me.

8. akra

akra Registered

A total lack of respect towards the players, so many problems totally ignored, csl DD is not established, permanent disconnection of the pedals and steering wheel during the games AI disaster, tracks and cars not finished in dlc, ect ect ..

juanchioooo and datasting like this.
  9. pilAUTO

pilAUTO Registered

Hey.

I also find that the driver labels are perfectly arcade (not useless).

But people have the right to want whatever they want, right?

ebeninca, Mauro, juanchioooo and 2 others like this.
  10. Hazi

Hazi Registered

Bug or feature? After the race I see the laptimes of the AI not only for the race laps but also for the laps they did before - I restarted the race a few times and had the times of the 25 lap race and further down the laps 1-6 I did before when I restarted the race. Or was it always like this? Also when setting weather scripted - clear I get the clouds during race. I know its a feature but what is when I want a clear sky all the race?

11. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

What happens, can't you find the button to deactivate them? ..... Can I help you? ... easy, deactivate labels .... the people who use VR THE LABEL IS VERY IMPORTANT, as it is optional, I don't know what problem you have. ..

12. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

It is of great help to those of us who do not have an engineer as in reality, without having to use third-party tools that give performance problems such as simhub, CrewChief that I use, also I made my own hub, I do not think I will use them again, but one thing I have Of course, I will never return to the monitor ... I stay in VR even if it is not perfect .... the immersion far exceeds the lack of resolution in VR!

atomed and pilAUTO like this.
  13. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

To the next question, Mr. PAUL JEFFREY said:
    Are you planning to give Virtual Reality a boost? If so, in what sense or details do you foresee?

Nothing is planned there right now. VR just gets any generic graphics improvements PAUL JEFFREY
    which means that little or nothing else will be done for VR
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The best glasses for performance are the Rift S, the G2 give many problems even with powerful graphics so ... I use pimax and fov for me is very important, thank goodness that they work well for me without major problem, otherwise I would have to sell them and take them rift S

Last edited: Dec 18, 2021
  14. pig

pig Registered

The just finished virtual leman session looks pretty good. You’ve got to give studio 397 some credit for their effort, it is a small user base and therefore small budget and team.They don’t have constant income stream as iRacing. Look at the positive side, it is better than pcars3, and still evolving. Relatively speaking it is kind of a miracle rFactor2 is still alive. Their priority with regard to community feedback seems to be a myth. Let’s give them constructive feedback and hope all the best

15. pilAUTO

pilAUTO Registered

This is called preaching the good word! :D

(I'm joking)

pig and juanchioooo like this.
  16. Christian Wolter

Christian Wolter Registered

I have the feeling that the discussion here is going a bit in the wrong direction and people are behaving as if the worst thing in the world has just happened...I would recommend coming down a bit. Because, yes RF2 has bugs, yes some content still needs optimization but.....the content of S397 is still some of the best out there. I hardly know tracks like Sebring, Lemans or Monza that are better implemented in other games. It's also nice when other games like RRE or AMS2 are used as an example for seemingly bug-free games....this is ridiculous and anyone who plays those games even a little bit more than 2 laps knows that they often have the same or worse problems (the AI in AMS2 for example is never a good example). Focusing on the flaws has never been a good advice....I would recommend to just play a few rounds and have fun, you can do that with the game much more often and more than you think if you stop whining about it....

Bernat, pkelly, U. Daniel and 2 others like this.
  17. pilAUTO

pilAUTO Registered

I have always been a real fan of rF2.

Unfortunately, I truly believe that the complaints here are genuinely justified and not excessive.

Honestly they are deserved.

Taking into account the 5 years that have elapsed, the failure to listen to and take into account the user base, disastrous choices of priorities, poor communication, negation of what users are asking for, etc. etc. etc.

Really sorry but I think your reasoning is wrong :

The complaints here are justified.

Where I agree with you on the other hand, is that it is obviously possible to have a good time with the software as it is.

But at the cost of an incalculable number of forced adaptations in the use of the game (deactivation of the racing rules, greatly lowering the aggressiveness of the opponents otherwise they will kill you and a lot of things ....), ultra constraints excessive, and to accept to play in bad conditions (loading time, oops the rain arrives = fps divided by 2 and oops physics of catastrophic rain, etc etc and there is an infinity of other things).

No really rF2 is rubbish.

Imagine if Kunos had bought rF2 5 years ago..... This simulation would surely be exceptional. This is just one example.

Binny, avenger82, r00b Driver and 5 others like this.
  18. mixer61

mixer61 Registered

pilAUTO,
    You are judging rFactor2 by your singular use of the game (offline, lots of AI and long tracks), personally I play a lot online, and that's where the game really shines.
    In french :
    pilAUTO,
    tu juges rFactor2 par rapport a ton usage singulier du jeu (offline,beaucoup d'IA et des circuits longs ),personellement je joue beaucoup en ligne,et c'est là que le jeu se révèle vraiment.

19. Christian Wolter

Christian Wolter Registered

I didn't say that some of the complaints aren't justified, I'm just saying that you can overdo it. And believe me, I've also been very upset about RF2. But I've installed all the other simulations as well, and there are also incredible bugs that make me furious - that's just the truth. That doesn't mean that you have to live with the mistakes and also not that you shouldn't criticize further, but as already mentioned it would help to keep the relations. What if comparisons do not help, and whether Kunos would have done better is not proven. But he can prove that with ASC2, unlike ACC this would be a fair comparison to RF2, ACC delivers a series and a closed system, that is no comparison to the Hydra RF2.....

20. pilAUTO

pilAUTO Registered

AH AH !
    rF2 does not shine anywhere in fact. :D