Released New Release Candidate Update - Client 7969457

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Paul Jeffrey, Dec 15, 2021.

1. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I don't think there will be a release this month. At best we can expect a message about what is planned. The original message, if I recall correctly, said everything was being pushed back to the New Year. New Year does not always mean on or around Jan 1. For all intents & purposes, The New Year could be any time til the end of December 2022.

pilAUTO likes this.
  2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Yep, that's exactly how I read it as well, however Paul did post again since then and gave a little more info, so we can be more optimistic of receiving something this month now.

@pilAUTO I've bolded the relevant bits for you. There should be a post this month explaining exactly how they'll be doing things in future (we can presume this will include some idea of timing on future updates), and if all goes well we should get some sort of update.

Will that update include x,y,z that people have asked for or have been mentioned previously as being worked on? We don't know - but I'm sure people will feel aggrieved/disappointed/elated/excited/apathetic no matter what happens.

One thing I know for sure: the people with the "well Le Mans is over, where's the update? Can you fix <this> now?" are, again, missing the vibe here.

Emery, pilAUTO and davehenrie like this.
  3. Anto870

Anto870 Registered

I hope you know that defending the indefensible, especially after YEARS (not months, YEARS) have passed since the acquisition, is typical of a fan boy, something that prevents you from seeing the reality of the facts, which are in front of everyone. Then whether you want to admit it or not is just your personal problem.

4. Christian Wolter

Christian Wolter Registered

But this is just as true for the other point of view

5. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

You are very funny, you have answered yourself, if you want to see it or not it is up to you, what part have you not understood that there are many leagues playing championships in leagues!!! .... many people and many players playing leagues, to say that this is dead!!!!
    that rfactor 2 has many things to repair,yes,... but if it were dead there would be no league, nor any driver running in championships, apart from all the people who also play offline ... this weekend there was a 1000 race km in Bugatti with 35 teams x 3 drivers per team on average... the one that is dead I would say it's you, but mentally.... by the way I'm such a funboy that I don't know how many posts criticizing rfactor 2, and studio397 there are in the forum posted by me... in one thing he is right, seen the other simulators I only use rfactor 2, which is far above the rest of the simulators, in my opinion ..... if they fix the bugs and the system of tires it would already be quite close to the outstanding
    ;)

Rui Santos and Badboy like this.
  6. Bernat

Bernat Registered

Absolutely true. And the fact there's so many people here wasting their time crying out loud is another sign that rf2 is alive. They could be playing other great bug-free racing games but they're spending their time here instead.

7. Anto870

Anto870 Registered

Wrong, it's just a sign that there are many people, like me, who have seen this sim grow since the first builds and that with ISI there were frequent updates that constantly improved everything. Since ISI is gone it is exactly the opposite, we think almost exclusively of bringing new tracks and cars without fixing almost anything of all the bugs that are introduced every time the S397 releases those few updates made since they have been there. I always follow rF2 but I haven't done a competition for at least 4 years just because the sim instead of improving is a continuous worsening, unlike many of its competitors. A random name: Reiza and iRacing

DaREALMastaD likes this.
  8. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

Bug free or not, i can't have the same feeling i get in rF2 in any other simulator! How can i solve this problem? Please help me!

9. lagg

lagg Registered

ISI developed rF2 but at some moment this is what happened with ISI and rF2.
    [​IMG]

Badboy, Anto870 and nolive721 like this.
  10. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

In this 4 years that you do not compete, I have not stopped competing with colleagues from a large number of leagues, different countries and championships, that you do not want to see it?, as you yourself said, it is up to you..... the existing championships and leagues deny you, because there are many, I only talk about one and it is not even from my country...
    If you like iracing so much, the rental game!!!!, go there, they will surely love seeing your wallet full of money to spend there.
    from AMS is very good, AMS2 is an arcade more like ACC or Project Cars

Badboy, Highlandwalker and Rui Santos like this.
  11. Christian Wolter

Christian Wolter Registered

It is correct that more content was released than bugs were fixed....by the way, from my point of view RF2 would already be dead without the S397 content. But that you say in ISI times there were more bugfixes and it was pushed more is already the exaggeration of the year....

12. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

It is very clear that if people are here it is because by far it is the best there is currently, because they demand that all the bugs be fixed in their favorite simulator, but with that and everything there are still many leagues... the weekend that comes 12 hours from Bathurs, another large number of drivers and teams in the battle of the "dead simulator" as the other friend says, to see who gets on the podium:D;)

Badboy likes this.
  13. I have seen and tested all the bug free simulations ... which led me to rF2 ;-)

14. thorfynn

thorfynn Registered

Hi all.
    Jus a few thoughts---

With all of these requests and suggestions, it's important to remember that Studio 397 is a relatively small company. Of course, better graphics would be nice. But when there are only a few employees, you have to focus on the essentials. And I think these guys do a very good job for that. So a big thumbs up for that. must also be said. And I'm already looking forward to the next update ;-)

Greetings from the black forest,
    Michael

Bernat likes this.
  15. pilAUTO

pilAUTO Registered

I think you are embellishing rF2 too much.

rF2 has very good aspects, but I think the vast majority of simracers are dissatisfied with this simulation, more than any other sim for that matter.

You have to know how to be lucid at some point.

I am already preparing my banknote to test the next sims that will be released, hoping that they will satisfy me better than rF2.

DaREALMastaD likes this.
  16. Nick9320

Nick9320 Registered

I dunno about rF2 is dead or not but I'm sure this forum is not dead at all thanks to the trolls around here :D

17. I think it depends a lot on expectation and personal taste - if it comes to graphics and graphics performance I would prefer two or three other "simulations", but IMHO rF2 still has one of the bigger online communities (which the ones I am referring to concerning graphics do have not).

I can live with what rF2 is and what it is not ;-)

18. Bernat

Bernat Registered

But then, what's your motivation to be here after all that suffering of yours?

Deleted member 58016 likes this.
  19. RaceNut

RaceNut Registered

We can be here and appreciate things that rF2 does so well. We can also be here and be frustrated because of what rF2 does not do well. If it were the same situation as with Pcars2, we could simply move on.

The more intense our appreciation, the more potential for disappointment when some aspects remain missing or broken for a long time. So much unfulfilled potential is often sad.

At least S397 still has the benefit of retaining some hopeful albeit, vocal followers.

Nieubermesch likes this.
  20. Anto870

Anto870 Registered

[​IMG]