Released New Release Candidate Update - Client 7969457

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Paul Jeffrey, Dec 15, 2021.

1. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

if you have money, you should try iRacing, it's awesome, and it will have soon the rain.
    The Hillclimb is just so gorgeous.

Nieubermesch likes this.
  2. Nieubermesch

Nieubermesch Registered

Not quite big on money right now, but will when I can, if not alone for that hillclimb alone, although some of the forest section without grass looks so baren and a bit fake :D

AlexHeuskat likes this.
  3. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

They do not work, no, and from what they have said they will look at it later, ... with what you already know what that means from later on ... = years?:confused::confused::confused::(:(:(

Nieubermesch likes this.
  4. MileSeven

MileSeven Registered

Ok, thanks - I must have missed the official reference to it….

And yes, we’ve only been missing labels for a blink of the eye… …in geological terms….;):(:)

Havner and juanchioooo like this.
  5. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

He answered me in discord, I really hope next year they accelerate the repair of rfactor errors or that seems the way, hopefully so

6. pilAUTO

pilAUTO Registered

@Paul Jeffrey

Well I use the rain drops on LOW.

At first glance, in Low, the visual result is better I think or at least as good : So it is rather a success.

Attention, since the release of the M4 C1, there is a problem of desynchronization between the rain drops and the wipers.

7. Elcid43

Elcid43 Registered

No idea what's going on but game now stutters and won't go over 70 fps where before it was a constant 120.

Edit: Launched Graphics Configuration and selected my GPU (was on auto even though I had selected my GPU before) and it's back to normal. Don't know if this was the cause but hopefully it stays working.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2021
  8. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

Don't get me wrong, the updates are nice and all, but I hope this RC isn't the "big" update that was planned for the "upcomming" weeks. I have the wierd feeling that I will have a working FCY and SC system sooner in AMS2, in an engine where this wasn't initialy planned at all, compared to rF2 where it should have been fixed by now. It's no surprise that player counts are decreasing since a couple of months now while there hasn't been any substantial update besides the gfx front. This includes the CS, wich is still in alpha state, the UI wich is still very rough and has barely progressed enough from it's initial release state aswell some common bugs and requested features. I don't know, but an RC with six bullet points after months of nothing while basicly every post on twitter is about esports smells like desaster in the long run. How about fixing the AI logic for wet weather racing for once, so that we can atleast admire those new fantastic shaders while we aren't forced to ragequit or use workarounds? But it seems that everytime people request this that it falls on deaf ears.

9. Nieubermesch

Nieubermesch Registered

"On the topic of future, and developments, and I'm taking off my S397 hat and speaking as simply a fan of the simulation here - let me assure you that things behind the scenes are going forward great guns. It pains me so much (pains all of us at the studio tbh) to not be able to reveal everything that we are doing at the moment - especially as for various reasons we've expected to be able to deploy stuff earlier than in reality we now can.

We've got loads of stuff to share with everyone, from tracks, cars, updates and other stuff we expect you'll enjoy.. it's mega annoying to have to read people wondering "if rF2 is dead" when in reality we've got an enormous amount of goodness at various stages of completion. I know it rings hollow to keep saying just stay patient, I'd feel the same if I was on the outside looking in, but honestly, as first and foremost a fan of sim racing in general, and rf2 in particular, we really do have some great things coming - and plans are being drawn for what the next 12 months will look like too, and they are shaping up nicely too!

Speaking on behalf of us all, we are so sorry not much has happened of late in terms of public reveals, and we can only ask you to remain patient - good things are coming, and they represent just the very start of what should be an exciting journey ahead"

From Paul Jeffrey

The RC blog should've mention this... I was also angry and disappointed, but not anymore and happy they actually released something already wich is something for now, until they get those big things and I'm starting to get freaking hopeful about RF2 man! ;)

Travis, Rui Santos and PatientRF2fan like this.
  10. PatientRF2fan

PatientRF2fan Registered

Great to hear there are exciting plans with privacy potentially influenced by partnerships or licensing.
    I have no problem paying for some new tracks and cars from time to time to contribute to the development.
    Communication is ongoing, the updates are very appreciated.
    I like that there is an apology in the statement too.

You cant please everyone and sometimes the tone of negative feedback can be tough to accept.

I would prefer that some of the forever famous issues just get addresses with some empathy rather than defensive or zero responses.

"We understand your concerns about issue X. We value and appreciate your passion"

11. ebeninca

ebeninca Registered

The direction we are going here scares me, maybe motorsport games is trying to transform rF2 in the new Gran Turismo.

5 years and we still don't having a decent Relative time screen, but we have beautiful driver labels.

The lack of details comparing with ACC and iRacing is been worst every day, in all aspects of the sim, the only thing that keeps me here is the force feedback, which in my feeling stills the best. For how much time people will support this?

Last edited: Dec 16, 2021
  12. Corgan

Corgan Registered

Problem is, we've heard this so many times, that it is hard to believe. As I see it, they always have plans, big plans, but then they suddenly make a decision no to achieve these plans. There were promises about touring cars, gt4 cars, now we know they made the decision not to release them. Solving of the Ai problems were promised back in 2018, and nothing happened. Video blogs were canceled after 2 parts if I remember well. And so on. I think most people here on this forum know how many things were promised then dropped or delayed. Lately, two weeks ago, they decided not to write a road map because of the great things coming in the next four weeks. Now, two weeks later we have name labels, and new raindrops. Really? I mean, it's always great to see some progress, but I'm sure everyone hoped for more. But honestly, I am not surprised.
    And now I read this on discord from Paul:

Hey guys, new RC build is up and live now - enjoy! Regarding the blog(s). We've taken the decision to now cancel this and future blog postings from the series. Looking at feedback these don't seem to be going down too well judging back some of the comments we've seen, and for the amount of time it takes to put them together, we've decided the best course of action is to cease them with immediate effect. Thank you to everyone who contributed with questions during the series, we appreciate it, and hope you've enjoyed them to this point. Cheers

Sad. This is another example of what I wrote above. Of course I will have my hot laps in rFactor 2 this weekend, as always, but it's getting really frustrating not to see real progress.

Binny, DaREALMastaD and Nieubermesch like this.
  13. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

14. yashiman

yashiman Registered

This update is "one small step for rF2 user's one giant leap for rFactor2"

Thank you for update, Driver label is so good.
    Please contine great works.

15. mennow

mennow Registered

I really like this little update..
    The colors look way better, less 'cold'.
    Also the raindrop effect is nice, even in vr.
    I did a testsession with falling rain at spa, and while driving the rain stopped , the sun came out behind the clouds.
    The track looked awesome, the spray behind other cars, glistering reflections.
    Really cool, like watching eurosport but being there...
    I'm driving in vr , on a HP G2, and it's beautifull.
    If they deliver little updates like this every other month...

Now focus on the bugs please, like raintires, grip in rain, ai in rain who have too much grip.
    Zandvoort is still not optimised, my frames drop like a stone while Lemans and Spa are great with same settings.
    I'm going back and forth between Automobilista 2 and Rfactor 2.
    Still driving feeling wise i choose Rfactor 2 , the Lmp2 are really nice and i get back to them everytime.
    Now focus on sounds, rain, and ai pls, the graphics are done now.

Gr Menno

Alessio Feletto and atomed like this.
  16. RNeves

RNeves Registered

And one more disappointing RC, with no important things being added at all.
    I'm curious as to what new content is coming our way in the next weeks... But I honestly doubt that anything important is coming anytime soon, let's see.
    This game won't be complete without a proper hybrid system implemented, how can we have a full WEC grid whithout a proper hybrid system for the hypercars.
    And they even said that it is not a priority for now.
    S397 open your eyes!!!

ebeninca likes this.
  17. Yoann Kerjean

Yoann Kerjean Registered

Ok bets are open about the huge thing we're getting before the end of the month:
    - Rf2 sales: -95%

Can't wait for it so I can finally buy it a fourth time, and help the board of directors reaching their goals.

18. guenther

guenther Registered

please, what do you expect from a RC? ;)

Dramaqueens...

19. Corgan

Corgan Registered

Really? Beacuse as I see there is nothing else you can expect anything from... Only these RCs have left, but they are rather disappointing. Then they become public build, and that's all. Honestly, you get the same thing twice. Real big update was about two years ago.;)

Sycophants...

Sim_Player, dylbie, Binny and 3 others like this.
  20. Fer

Fer Registered

The thing about the drops on the windshield is fine that there is less and you can see it, but the drops that try to simulate that they move due to speed, I think they do not look good, it would not matter if it were not there, what I have seen is that the spray of the The car in front does not splash on the windshield, and the dark spray I think is because of the lighting, when the sun comes up it looks white, with clouds it looks like gray smoke,

Nieubermesch and Rui Santos like this.