Released New Release Candidate Update - Client 7969457

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Paul Jeffrey, Dec 15, 2021.

1. Nieubermesch

Nieubermesch Registered

"On the topic of future, and developments, and I'm taking off my S397 hat and speaking as simply a fan of the simulation here - let me assure you that things behind the scenes are going forward great guns. It pains me so much (pains all of us at the studio tbh) to not be able to reveal everything that we are doing at the moment - especially as for various reasons we've expected to be able to deploy stuff earlier than in reality we now can.

We've got loads of stuff to share with everyone, from tracks, cars, updates and other stuff we expect you'll enjoy.. it's mega annoying to have to read people wondering "if rF2 is dead" when in reality we've got an enormous amount of goodness at various stages of completion. I know it rings hollow to keep saying just stay patient, I'd feel the same if I was on the outside looking in, but honestly, as first and foremost a fan of sim racing in general, and rf2 in particular, we really do have some great things coming - and plans are being drawn for what the next 12 months will look like too, and they are shaping up nicely too!

Speaking on behalf of us all, we are so sorry not much has happened of late in terms of public reveals, and we can only ask you to remain patient - good things are coming, and they represent just the very start of what should be an exciting journey ahead"

From Paul Jeffrey

Taken from discord. Not my fault it wasn't posted in the forums, but I have pasted this earlier on this thread...

Havner likes this.
  2. Nieubermesch

Nieubermesch Registered

Jesus... Do you reckon I'm just defending myself because people said they didn't promised any big update when they DID? I'm right now in the fence with S397 just like you, but I hope this year it changes...

Havner likes this.
  3. Havner

Havner Registered

It was, thanks to you :)
    And I read that and I remember that. The thing is that this message already made some people believe in a big update that will be coming in January... And it's not.

EDIT:
    Mate, you don't need to defend yourself. They do :)

Nieubermesch likes this.
  4. Nieubermesch

Nieubermesch Registered

"With RC to Opt-Out set to happen at the very early part of November, that means we are set to put together a brand new Release Candidate build that will of course include the above-mentioned return of Driver Labels, plus a couple of new physics features that we hope should provide some nice additional options for our community to enjoy. With that RC build right around the corner, we aren’t going to get into those details right now, we think we will save that bit of excitement for the release notes of the build when it deploys in the near future."

This is the one I've been expecting the most... It was mentione in October Roadmap. They've teased much bigger things then the small RCs released and I just want to clarify why I and others are expecting something like that. If they deliver is another story...

Havner likes this.
  5. vava74

vava74 Registered

I would gladly trade a further 6 months of absolutely NO CHANGE AND NO NEW CONTENTS for a guarantee that this weekend's Virtual Lemans24h went well and without any server crashes.

If it goes bad, things will be pretty dire for the ensuing period and we will be left waiting for rF2 to go the RBR route and be picked over by the community as abandonware.

6. atomed

atomed Member

We don´t need anything to go wrong, a couple of crybaby/F1 driver/iRacing fanboys doing a stupid show like late year is enough for things to go downhill marketingly speaking :(

Alessio Feletto likes this.
  7. guenther

guenther Registered

I'm sceptical, but I'm an evil cat...

8. vava74

vava74 Registered

For such a limited event - not an open event with thousands of online players - it's not acceptable if something happens.
    There is no margin for error.
    Heck, I would even hire russian hackers to provide protection against hacking :-D

atomed likes this.
  9. vava74

vava74 Registered

No, you are not. You are a fluffy but disappointed cat :-D

10. guenther

guenther Registered

Did you just called me fat?!?!

11. vava74

vava74 Registered

Nope, fluffy and in need from some petting by S397...

12. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

I got a sense of deja vu here. I think something like this has been said before by S397 in a roadmap and then didn't happen. I'll believe it when I see it. Now I just hope I can drive a race longer than 1 hour after all my game crashes lately.

Binny and Havner like this.
  13. Nieubermesch

Nieubermesch Registered

Second time or so and it was supposed to be released early in January...

14. Binny

Binny Guest

Hi Paul hope you had a good break and a good new yr, IMHO this new strategy better be 100% better as from what im reading ppl are angry, upset, disappointed & sick of something being said and not followed through with. You are also advising ppl to have a break that are watching these forums very closely. IMHO dont stuff this up set a strategy stick to it for the whole yr & show us its better so these users with doubts can get back some confidence in s397 taking RF2 to the next level and beyond. MY biggest complaint is you/S397 introduced dx11 & VR at a min you should be able to keep them optimized for the best experience as this is not a ISI issue.

juanchioooo likes this.
  15. vava74

vava74 Registered

You just replaced your MoBo, so I would venture in saying that your recent rF2's troubles have now a known source :-D

16. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

I did the 12 hours of Monza in a row with VR and a 2 partner and neither a block nor a fall, none of the three, I was the whole time that I was not running as a spectator and I returned as a pilot until the end.

which does not mean that there are obviously people with problems

17. pilAUTO

pilAUTO Registered

I haven't read the last two pages yet.

Just to say that among the next releases (in the short term), I would like to see that these improve the physics of the simulation (physics engine and cars physics).

It would be fabulous!

I would LOVE to see offline experience improved too!!!

18. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I am not expecting earth shaking updates early on, certainly nothing so large as a rewrite of the AI code. Tire physics will improve incrementally with certain car releases, but to have many here expecting major shifts in relatively short time frames(from the MG purchase not the S397) Y'all seem to be believing in Majik Wands.

Dady Cairo and Havner like this.
  19. pilAUTO

pilAUTO Registered

Indeed S397 has totally demonstrated that they were not able to make major changes in the short and medium term, in particular on the two themes I mentioned (physics engine and updating of the physics of cars + AI improvement).

But frankly, the wait has been so long and the disappointment so great, that I have a sort of probably irrational hope, in the sense that what I wish so much for rF2 will only happen in the long term or probably never.

Yes I think I believe in magic wands :)

Nieubermesch and Havner like this.
  20. Nieubermesch

Nieubermesch Registered

It's really weird how some people here are trying to deny that S397 mentioned at the end of the past year some physics and other "goodies" that sounded like a much bigger update then a simple RC.

If I didnt know better I would think they are preemptively trying to cushion S397 if they fail to deliver that with things like it's our fault we interpreted it wrong LMAO.

Go read the freaking words on blog threads and Roadmaps!

nolive721 and Havner like this.