Released NEW! Radical SR3 RSX 2017 - Now Available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Jul 1, 2017.

1. TJones

TJones Registered

Was a bit worried, because of some of the threads posted before.
    But i'm really impressed by the car, very nice to drive, feel's authentic to me. Balance and handling is very good as well with standard setup.
    Gone this very strange and much to loud sounding tyre scrap sound of "some" (not to say most) former releases. I like this one a lot more.
    FFB feels good for me, only rarely a bit rough though. Settins (ingame) of my T500: FFB smoothing: 4, minimum torque at 2%.

AI are very fast, i'm about 2 sec. slower at Silverstone int. (std. setup). Im also unable to stay in their slipstream on the staight.

Well done !! Thank you!

2. bears

bears Registered

Can i ask what is probably a really dumb set up question.... I have been taking these out on track i have not changed the default setup but get to 3rd and 4th gear and the engine just bogs down and loses revs my maximum speed is around 120 km its like i have the hand brake on or speed limiter on but i don't... what am i doing wrong :-( Any help appreciated

3. Magus

Magus Registered

Not just the Thrustmaster wheel, I feel it with my Fanatec CSWv2. I have not used any Smoothing in rF2 before and don't particularly want to. The SR3's FFB feel is very similar to Slowmotion's GP3 mod. I think it is a great mod but have accepted the FFB as being non-ISI/S397 so a bit disappointing to think I may need to start using Smoothing for all content if some parameter(s) are changing with regards to FFB is rF2.

Guimengo likes this.
  4. Magus

Magus Registered

ALSO: I concur that the AI's speeds/times are not fair.

5. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@bears default setup was fine for me, easily up above 215kph with a bit of a straight. Are you revving it out? Is it actually stuck at 120 or are you still accelerating slowly and running out of track? And you definitely don't have the pit limiter on?

6. jayblue

jayblue Registered

Just downloaded the Radical. Looks good, sounds good and drives as I expected. Reminds me a little of the Radical on iracing actually with its tendency to understeer in medium speed corners on the throttle. Dialed out the slower speed understeer easily with some setup tweaks and found the car controllable yet challenging on the edge. Thanks S397!

7. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

@bears switch to swingman cambera and look at the tyres. Are they look like completly flat? If so, and you are still on DX9 version, then you need to update to newest patch. Steam should do that automatically, so check integrity if it didn't.

8. bears

bears Registered

It revs out in 1st and 2nd and accelerates well then starts to struggle in 3rd and 4th i am on full acceleration but speed only climbs by 1 or two km's I had a similar issue with the spec miata which i just stopped driving :) I tried it at sau paulo and speed limiter was 98 i released it and my speed would slowly climb to about 120 ...it has be baffled

9. bears

bears Registered

thanks i will try that tomorrow that sounds like a possibility but i am using the beta dx11 build

10. Magus

Magus Registered

@bears In the controller settings are you brakes & accelerator moving all the way from 0-100 on a directional proportionate level on the graphs?

11. stonec

stonec Registered

I'm fine with the default settings on my T300 on most tracks. The rattling only becomes obvious if I've flatspotted a tire, then driving 200+ kmph with the car is a bit torture for the neighbors :). But I suppose how much damping you get is individual to each car, in a car with no power steering and a relatively stiff suspension you will feel the jolts more directly in the FFB. The direct/raw feel to the FFB is very similar to the F2 car.

12. Sebastien Sestacq

Sebastien Sestacq Registered

The brutal FFB is quite normal on kind of car, it's like a kart !!
    Cremalliere direct!! is not you little irl car with smotth spring and power steering :D

13. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

Have you altered the setup,sounds similar to the car bottoming out once the speed increases and so the downforce increase.
    Other than that check pedal calibration or integrity of files

14. datasting

datasting Registered

this car have not raintyers!?

15. unknwn

unknwn Registered

Not even a Kart in rF2 has such gritty/notchy FFB. Karts which I tried in RL provided quite smooth and rubbery but very strong feedback on relatively smooth surfaces. The torque and notchyness ratio with T300 doesn't seem normal (and T300 has low torque compared to RL karts/sport cars). Ofc it could be how it works with such wheels.
    If I am not wrong rF2 or other sims doesn't simulate power steering in the first place so it shouldn't matter. Correct me if I am wrong.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2017
  16. Daniele Vidimari

Daniele Vidimari Registered

GP2 engine!

Emery, SPASKIS, pascom and 2 others like this.
  17. pascom

pascom Registered

Would it be possible to have a setup on the Radical at Oulton Park?

18. I_Bellett

I_Bellett Registered

It is a very fun Mod.
    However, as there is no rain tire, it is a pity that can not enjoy the wet race.

19. TJones

TJones Registered

pkelly likes this.
  20. balage06

balage06 Registered

The car itself is excellent, at first it felt a little bit weird, but after I got used to it, I had a blast at Dijon-Prenois. Great work!;)
    My only complaint is the AI is indeed too fast on the straights. And is it necessary to have separate left-right wheel versions? I think it would be better as a tuning option (and/or with separate AI filters).

Guimengo and Juergen-BY like this.