Released NEW! Radical SR3 RSX 2017 - Now Available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Jul 1, 2017.

1. Brack Jabham

Brack Jabham Registered

Interesting news - however I would suggest that they had more than one Radical licence and the Radical RXC GT3 was therefore an obvious addition to a GT3 Pack as it is homogulated for GT3. Modders have already done a lot of the more obvious (and expensive to licence) GT3 cars.

2. maddox stone

maddox stone Registered

hmmm interesting, where can i get it?

3. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

in steam, subscribe

4. RNeves

RNeves Registered

Hey there! I tried this cars for the first time today!

Noticed that the LHD version has a huge tendency to lock up the FR tire!

Tried using the RHD version too, to see if it had any difference, and it still had the same tendency, but not so pronounced.

Is this a something to be corrected or is it a peculiarity of the real car reproduced in the game?

5. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

Nothing to be corrected here.

6. Christos Segkounas

Christos Segkounas Registered

Must be a British thing because both the SR3 and 650S have such "preferences" :rolleyes:
    Avoid the LHD version for the weight distribution is unfavorable.
    Also the default brake settings work well, the car does not like being trailbraked really hard, a milder approach works better.
    So if you find yourself locking up then you have either increased brake pedal pressure to a much higher value than default or you are being too aggressive on the brakes in general and will benefit from toning down.

7. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

https://forum.studio-397.com/index....in-effects-and-more.58675/page-32#post-930071

Lateral CoG was reported to have been corrected a couple of months ago. Previous value was around 56:44 for LH. What values do you have now?

8. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Suspension forces, tyre loads (FL, FR, RL, RR):

LHD: 2076, 1621, 2363, 2130 - 1756, 1445, 2055, 1883
    RHD: 1979, 1719, 2045, 2446 - 1689, 1506, 1823, 2117

I make that out to be 54:46 and 49:51. (54:46 and 49:51, but slightly better)

Note I've only taken measurements once on a garage drop at Joesville. V2.00 I think.

*Sorry, not sure why I did suspension forces. There's tyre load.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2018
  9. RNeves

RNeves Registered

I'll try to reinstall the module and see what happens!

I decreased brake pressure, because I'm normally a bit hard on the brakes, and even with lower brake pressures, the lock always occurs on the FL (when brake lock occurs).

Maybe the car was engineered to be RHD... Or maybe the LHD version still needs a touch, don't know...

I hope someone from the devs sees this and does some research about this.

Thanks alot guys

10. Nimugp

Nimugp Registered

It is so much better after the fix, I personally have no issues driving the left-hand drive. Wasn't locking tyres with it (no aids), not in a strange way anyway. And I was far more competitive with it than I am with most cars (mainly due to the main characteristics of the car, but left-hand drive didn't ruin it ;) ). Maybe the weight distribution left-to-right is slightly different (don't know), but I didn't seem to suffer from it anyway.

11. Christos Segkounas

Still, Nimu, everytime I chose the LHD by mistake and went on track I could immediately tell, for the car was pulling to the right under braking to the point of being undriveable for me.

12. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

god is British and he said,just like we should not gaze through binoculars out of the window,looking for any niebours wives getting dressed with the curtains open,so too must the wheel never be on the left.

Emery likes this.
  13. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

I never felt this way by driving this car with the steering wheel on the left side.
    Never had any specific difficulty driving it with this configuration.

14. Emery

Emery Registered

LOL... and all this time I thought he was Dutch? Or Italian? Or Brazilian? Don't know if I'm ready to call Ian Bell a god. The Sector 3 folks are definitely agnostic.

patchedupdemon likes this.
  15. Christos Segkounas

Them neighbor's wives are getting dressed with the curtains open for a reason.
    I'm a simple man as they say.

Back when the mod came out I cannot say I noticed either and couldn't tell what the fuss was all about.
    But recently that we raced the mod again I happened to venture out on track with the LHD by mistake and it was at the first braking zone I could tell both times.
    So much so that I have to wonder how I hadn't noticed back then or why aren't others noticing.

16. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

Probably it was more challenging that way so you assumed it was correct. Telemetry does not lie.

17. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

I'm not saying it's wrong.
    Just that I'm never bothered by this, and the radical (left hand) is part of the cars with which I have no difficulty.

I did almost 3 laps of Targa Florio (200km/very difficult track) last week, I did not have any specific difficulty.

But I did not say that you were wrong, there may be an imbalance, but that does not bother me.

Nimugp likes this.
  18. Christos Segkounas

Try driving the RHD for a few laps till you get down to a consistent laptime and then switch.
    I think you should immediately be able to tell the difference.

SPASKIS likes this.
  19. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@DrivingFast Targa Florio isn't a track you often near the limit, so the imbalance wouldn't be as noticeable. A track like that is more you against the track than you pushing the car to its limits.

Seems to me they should have just released only the RHD and left it at that. I don't understand why they did the LHD with such a different balance, though a typo seems reasonable - but then what happened on the revision? Make them the same (mirrored), have a difference and explain it, or just don't bother.

20. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

Now I will use only the right hand version.