Released NEW! Radical SR3 RSX 2017 - Now Available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Jul 1, 2017.

1. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

2. Emery

Emery Registered

Downloading now...

3. Brack Jabham

Brack Jabham Registered

There goes my Saturday...

4. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

Oh no. I have had an operation on my hand and can't drive for another week. Still, downloading now. :D

5. Nimugp

Nimugp Registered

Nice, my design made it in :D looking forward to drive it this weekend. I briefly went through all designs, and it looks like a nice grid :)

6. GrimDad

GrimDad Registered

Thank you Studio 397

7. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

just had about 25mins, bear in mind I'd not be disappointed as there's already a good choice of top quality sim cars in rfactor2 for me already my preference are Historics f3/2/1 + 2012 f1

Re.Radical my former experience is sim only, Race 07 SR3 & extensively used the SR8 in iracing

my first impressions of of the rf2 SR3 :

-seemed very very easy to instantly get the hang of, much more easy than I'd expected (guess some will like this), seems to be more grip than I'm use to (similar to AC)
    -Tires didn't seem to respond to abuse (a corner of a lot of skidding) the grip seemed to be fairly consistent even when tires must have been extremely in a overheated hot phase

-I was expecting the engine to be much more highly strung & responsive within the light weight car
    -seems to be slightly dumbed down & lacking a bit of depth (depth that's present in certain other rfactor2 cars)
    -visually very very good top notch
    -fps very good, not sure if this is because physics simplified ? (if this is the case)
    -power to rear wheels seems to not have the punch I'd expect or I'm use to

I'd expect a stable fairly user friendly track day feel/experience from something like a skip barber, but not so from a Radical as they (from all my previous impressions) are very highly strung and a total handful, engine always seems like its about to explode and one can drive it as if one has just stolen it and a complete thrill in the process .....but not with this one sadly

Silverstone international green/nat.progressing I was in the 106's after first 2 laps
    without to much of a challenge
    (think that's pretty quick based on the broadcast test race , not sure of conditions though)

Hope this is good constructive feedback, in its present form it is not a sim-car I'll be using
    but will check if ever updated etc

Big thanks for reading

PS rfactor 2 is my preferred sim due to the best available top notch ffb,
    top notch/best historic & fairly modern f1 sim car + studio397 Nola track is top quality as well as other official release tracks within rfactor 2

Last edited: Jul 1, 2017
  8. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@Adrianstealth I get a very strong impression you came into this expecting a dumbed down car. Your whole post just sounds like confirmation bias.

And this:

makes no sense. The skip barber isn't a beginner easy to drive car; it's for training, it's made to be relatively difficult to drive in order to teach good driving habits.

9. Kevin Ryan

Kevin Ryan Registered

What an awful boring car. basically a dull remake of the palatov d4. i hope this is just practice for something good. no good reason for a car that understeers like that to be in the game

Guimengo likes this.
  10. XenoYparxi

XenoYparxi Registered

Fine for me. Maybe you're not turning the wheels enough? This car loves bigger angles in some corners (and some pedal work)

11. Rastas

Rastas Registered

Awesome car and awesome work by the skinners,thank you all :)

12. Kevin Ryan

Kevin Ryan Registered

I can make the corner fine if I want to. I'm just saying that the car is designed to understeer and for me that makes it boring. I'm not saying s397 did a bad job on the realism, I actually think they did a really good job on it. It's just that 99% of race cars out there would be more exciting to drive than this and I wish they would've picked one of them

Guimengo likes this.
  13. boblevieux

boblevieux Registered

Did you try to set it for your driving style ?

14. green serpent

green serpent Registered

I kind of agree with the comments regarding understeer. From a lightweight track focused car like this I was expecting understeer to be a virtual non-issue. But really this is just an expectation and maybe the real life car is very similar. It's really more low speed understeer that I'm having problems with, so it could just be that the aero isn't doing it's thing at that speed. Also, I feel as if the engine note isn't deep/barking/violent enough, and kind of sounds like an R/C car imo.

Apart from that, it's the usual mid-corner adjustable handling as always (which seems to be lacking in all other sims) so brilliant work.

15. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Balance seems pretty good to me, albeit probably a good few seconds off competitive pace. Definitely need to be gentle with the steering (default lock 24°!!!) and don't go into corners too fast, but from there it's easy to start getting the back out under power on a medium rubber setting.

If FFB seems weak I'd suggest straightening your wheel, you'll probably get more front grip and more FFB then. If you overcook it coming into corners you won't easily get it back.

This thing does only have 225 HP - those comparing to the 405 HP SR8 might need to adjust expectations a bit.

*One thing that does puzzle me, and this isn't a racing scenario so if it's just the nature of how things work that's probably fine (reminiscent of the kart rear tyres screeching in very low speed turns with the solid rear axle) - very low speed weaving leads to a 'shuddering' through the wheel, especially in the straightening phase. Perhaps there's something to be said for modifying the FFB mode at very low (non-racing) speeds to avoid this sort of thing?

16. Sebastien Sestacq

Sebastien Sestacq Registered

Unlike many here I am not a pro radical drivers :rolleyes:, but I find it super really very fun and fun to drive !!

Big Thanks Studio397

BobDobbs, george4203 and MaD_King like this.
  17. Magus

Magus Registered

Gave this an initial test run and so far seems good, easy to drive at a fast pace but gets trickier when you want to be competitive. Looks great in VR!!

My only concern is that the FFB feel a little bit 'notchy' on my CSWv2. Anyone else get this? One thing I love about rF2 FFB is the change in feel as the tires heat up and the grip increases, the weight increases on the FFB. I wasn't getting this with the radical tyres, just felt very light and notchy. In fairness, I've not given it enough game time to make a valid assessment but just wondered if anybody else experienced this.

18. pascom

pascom Registered

Thank you, Studio397! :rolleyes:

19. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

I came here to see if someone else is having the same FFB issue as me, but obviously not.. I can't drive this car at all because my wheel starts vibrating very bad as soon as I leave the garage! It's like if the ffb was 10 times stronger than my T500 could handle. I keep all other cars at 0.9-1.0 FFB strengh, but with the Radical I have to go down to 0.4 to be able to leave the garage. But at 0.4 the FFB is way too weak instead, and still I can feel those strange vibration at some situations. Haven't been able to enjoy this car yet.

EDIT: tried to delete my controller.json and use the default T500 profile just in case I've made some changes to ffb that this car doesn't like, but it didn't help :(

20. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

Has anyone had any troubles with the brakes or engine,jimmy did a live stream and nearly all the field had failings