New PC, new install - UI not working

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Julio Maciel, Apr 5, 2018.

1. Julio Maciel

Julio Maciel Registered

Hey Guys,
    I got a new PC a couple of months ago and tried installing rFactor2 again but I was never able to get it working. Everytime I join the game the UI is completely messed up and I cannot do anything.
    I already tried changing the resolution, repairing the game on steam, and even compleletely uninstalling and reinstalling it. I also removed all of my steam workshop items without success. I'm not using VR, just 2 monitors with the standard resolution and trying to run the game only in my primary monitor.

rfactor2video.PNG
    I have a attached a screenshot of my desired video settings (I already changed pretty much all the settings). Tried fullscreen, windowed, borderless, 60hz, 110hz, no AA, monitor 1, 2, etc.

rfactor2brokenUI.PNG

Also have a screenshot of what's happening. When I get into the UI like that I cannot do anything, I try to go with my mouse anywhere, but it's like I cannot click anywhere.

ps. please ignore the teamviewer watermark as I was taking the captures remotely ;)

Can I get some help?

2. Goanna

Goanna Registered

I suspect you are in a country that uses a comma as it's decimal separator eg 10,00...if so change it to a period eg 10.00 and you should be good to go.

3. Julio Maciel

Julio Maciel Registered

Thanks a lot for the help. I did change that and it fixed it!
    I'm surprised this could have caused the issue. Studio397, please work on a fix for this.