New PC can't create multiplayer - old PC can

Discussion in 'Hosting Help' started by Petethepawn, Apr 21, 2023.

1. Petethepawn

Petethepawn Registered

Hi seeking some assistance for my problem.
    I purchased a new PC, installed RF2 got all working no problem and used on my old Steam account.
    I go into the normal steps Mas Utility to create my mod, create the dedicated server - everything looks fine - even says Steam has connected. But ingame not visible, can see other network games but not my own.

I still have my old PC (same network), fired it up and went through the same steps and presto it worked first time.
    My new PC was able to find the game and join - all good.
    My old PC was not able to find the game I created from the new PC. (Simply doesn't seem to exist)

Same software, no change to router etc and the fact it works from the old PC suggests its not a network issue. I looked at firewall settings they seem fine, port forwarding is not the issue as I can connect on old PC. I did read somewhere i need to enable Steam Plugin? (have not tried yet) Any other ideas or suggestions?

Last edited: Apr 21, 2023
  2. redapg

redapg Registered

Just as a Test, check if you can find the Server on THIS Server List.
    I did make it some Time ago, because not all available Servers are listed in the Steam Server List and the Multiplayer Server List in Game.
    If you can see it on my List, try to join too, by clicking on the Server Name.

Petethepawn likes this.
  3. Goanna

Goanna Registered

Did you port forward to your new pc’s ip address?

buzz hornet and Petethepawn like this.
  4. Petethepawn

Petethepawn Registered

Yes I can it - but password projected.

redapg likes this.
  5. Petethepawn

Petethepawn Registered

I thought it would be the same IP address, but its not - so your probably on the money. I will give this a try.

6. Even if the old PC is turned off your new PC will get / have a different IP address given by DHCP of your router I think; and if you have static IP addresses and gave the new and old PC the same one (running both at the same time will give a nice IP address conflict) just be aware of different MAC (hardware) addresses of the NIC (network cards) which may cause blocking by your router or even other network infrastructure (most firewalls are blocking IPs if the MAC address changes "suddenly").

buzz hornet, redapg and Petethepawn like this.
  7. Petethepawn

Petethepawn Registered

Thanks I will give this a crack later - thanks everybody.

redapg likes this.