New Online Player; looking for a good league

Discussion in 'Online Racing Discussion' started by bubblychunks, Jan 12, 2017.

1. bubblychunks

bubblychunks Registered

Hi all, hopefully this is the correct place to post this, if not I apologise.

I picked up rF2 and wanted to get back into online simracing. I used to play iRacing a few years ago, but the costs plus the sometimes hostile community put me off. I tried RaceRoom but there were too many people trying drive it like it was Need for Speed and it was impossible to have good racing.

I love simracing and take it fairly seriously (I won't crash into you on purpose) but I am not particularly good (it may happen anyway). So I'm looking for a league or community that will be welcoming to untalented but eager to race and learn newbies like myself may who have to use a little bit of traction control when I drive the big boy cars.

EDIT: I forgot to mention, I'd only be able to race Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday evenings, EST time.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2017
  2. AceLain

AceLain Registered

3. Tom Lebeuf

Tom Lebeuf Registered

Hi bubbly,
    I race in the VRC league Acelain mentioned. Although official races are Sunday afternoons, a lot of us North Americans do laps every night. I am on PST and usually on anywhere from 6:30 to 10pm PST.

Acelain is from east coast as are some other guys. Come hang out sometime and do laps and chat.

4. bubblychunks

bubblychunks Registered

Thanks for the recommendation guys, I will try and drop by next week.

5. peterchen

peterchen Registered

6. SickwititHD

SickwititHD Registered

www.seetheair.com
    Check out www.seetheair.com as we are new to rFactor2 and looking for drivers we are a member of International SIM Racing Federation. we are a free to play league with sponsorship that gives away trophy's and gear to race/series winners.

7. Taris Henrique

Taris Henrique Registered

8. Riverside

Riverside Registered

8 months ago I was much like you, and SimRacingGP supported my idea of starting a league for rf2 rookies

We are now in our 4 season racing Sundays and practicing together in open server through the week

26 drivers just yesterday at Toban, some fast guys and some like me but i am not alone in the back :), people from France, UK, Poland, Spain, Greece, Ukraine, USA, Colombia, Argentina, Brazil and i am sure i am missing a few...

We have 2 divisions so it's competitive for everyone, but race together so the fast guys share tips about driving and setups with the learners

The Rookie League (TRL) @ www.SimRacingGP.net

: )

Last edited: Jan 24, 2017
    SRGP likes this.
  9. Tom Lebeuf

Tom Lebeuf Registered

This is also a fantastic site with a group of great guys. The only thing I had against it was that they constantly change the cars they race. Most people love that, but for me, I prefer consistency.

Fantastic group though.

SRGP likes this.
  10. Gupster

Gupster Registered

11. SickwititHD

SickwititHD Registered

http://www.seetheair.com
    Check out www.seetheair.com as we run 6,12, and 24 hour Endurance races as well as a monthly 4 hour endurance series. We are a free to play private league with sponsorship that allows us to give away prizes and trophy's.

We are a member of the International SIM Racing Federation and just started using rFactor so we are looking for drivers and teams.
    post a reply or send a friend request on steam or just sign up on the STA site.

12. rf2wec

rf2wec Registered