New onboard TC implementation

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by OneMoreOdd, Feb 18, 2023.

1. OneMoreOdd

OneMoreOdd Registered

Previously there was only one setting - "Onboard TC". Now there are two - "Onboard TC power cut" and "Onboard TC slip angle". All these settings have same values and ranges by default:
    upload_2023-2-18_18-7-24.png
    Changing "Onboard TC" in "SETUP" section does not affect "Onboard TC power cut" and "Onboard TC slip angle":
    upload_2023-2-18_18-10-55.png
    On the other hand, changing "Onboard TC power cut" or "Onboard TC slip angle" does not affect "Onboard TC":
    upload_2023-2-18_18-15-6.png
    Changing "Onboard TC" while driving overwrites TC value on the dashboard:
    upload_2023-2-18_18-17-24.png
    Changing "Onboard TC power cut" or "Onboard TC slip angle" doesn't:
    upload_2023-2-18_18-17-0.png
    Definitely I feel the difference in car behavior with various combination of these settings, but it would be great to get explanation, how "Onboard TC", "Onboard TC power cut" and "Onboard TC slip angle" actually work all together right now?

Earthling likes this.
  2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I'll get a simple explanation and hopefully somebody smarter will correct and broaden my explanation.
    TC controls the slipping or spinning of tires, usually during acceleration by cutting a small amount of power from the engine(generally). The higher the number you choose for the main TC setting controls how much the ECU interferes with your driving to attempt to correct the slide or loss of traction. (this is where I get shakey)
    The slip angle controls how soon the TC begins to work. The Power Cut determines how aggressively the car's computer cuts power to minimize the wheel spin.
    Rookie drivers probably prefer all of these to be larger values, but those who are experienced, or are coming to terms with higher settings, can choose very low numbers. (there are plenty of TC snobs here who turn it all off.) ((sorry, snobs is petty, I shouldn't have said snobs, I apologize for even mentioning snobs))
    Also remember to check the settings options and turn off the Traction Control aid(that is for keyboard or gamepad sno....users...)

Ricardo Diz and Corti like this.
  3. Corti

Corti Registered

sry Dave
    https://www.studio-397.com/2022/08/released-rfactor-2-q3-2022-update-and-content-release/

RaceNut, Earthling and davehenrie like this.
  4. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

Depends on the car, some are linked, I think most of the GTE and GT3 you can adjust them individually. There's also no cockpit display for cut and slip, so the ones on that car are just static.

Ricardo Diz likes this.
  5. OneMoreOdd

OneMoreOdd Registered

Thanks a lot for the replies! Don't understand how I missed this announcement, my fault. Actually I didn't know that GT3 and GTE TC can control lateral (side) slip. Now everything is clear to me.