New NVIDIA SLI profile

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by WhiteShadow, Nov 3, 2015.

1. stonec

stonec Registered

I doubt it helps much to bump this thread here unless someone of ISI takes a note. It's up to the game developers to work together with Nvidia/AMD to provide updated compatibility bits and profiles. AMD has apparently little support for small game companies, but that doesn't hold for Nvidia.

2. WhiteShadow

WhiteShadow Registered

Yes I know that SLI performance is not being only based in GPU drivers but the game programming aswell.It is easy to understand when NVidia profile (rFactor2 Mod Mode.exe, rFactor2.exe) is created 2011-09-22 and when ISI updates gmotor2, additional SLI optimizations etc. in 2015 and never submit the latest build of the rF2 executables to Nvidia so that an updated working SLI profile can be created that it is ISI and their communication and relationship with NVIDIA which is the reason to rFactor2 SLI problems.

I keep hearing all the time that ISI is a small company as excuse. So many years of development there must be some other reason, what it is, I don't know.

This thread is to get support from the community and temporary SLI profile from Nvidia.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2015
  3. Koellefornia

Koellefornia Registered

Ok i see that SLI has similar problems like CF in rF2

4. WhiteShadow

WhiteShadow Registered

I asked support from community and so did one guy from DCS also.
    https://forums.geforce.com/default/...-profile-request-thread/post/4757064/#4757064

Nvidia SLI profile is not only pure SLI profile. If you are single card user It may help you to get rid of jaggies, flashing objects etc. easy without tweaking gfx settings as much you must do now.
    Obviously guys from DCS has common hobby something we don't seem to have. I am disappointed :(

5. WhiteShadow

WhiteShadow Registered

NEW GEFORCE GAME READY DRIVER 361.75 was released yesterday with same old rFactor2 profile from 2011 and of-course same bad game performance as before with Nvidia SLI.:mad:
    Some says that some things just never change, and you just have to accept that. I wonder if that is the case also with rFactor2 :confused:

6. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

I understand and sympathize.

But I see a lot of utube of rF2 3 screens hi res racing looks plenty smooth and fast to me.

So when someone with Sli GTX980Ti's running 32 lanes is mad, I get surprised.

7. Prodigy

Prodigy Registered

Yes, there are workarounds to make SLI performing better with another SLI bits, but thats not the point to have 5 years old SLI profile as default provided with drivers. A lot of stuff changed since 2011, this was still a beta phase. A lot of newcomers don't know about workarounds, so their game could perform even worse with that profile opposed to playing with only one GPU enabled.

I wish someone from devs could shed some light about it and if there are intentions to make this better.

8. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Drivers are engineered for latest good selling games, especially the ones that carry their Logo. lol ;)

Like a game BLESS just goes open beta and it gets a SLi profile.

9. WhiteShadow

WhiteShadow Registered

It is up to developers of the game to cooperate with Nvidia not the opposite way. rFactor2 is NVidia 3D supported game but it don`t have Nvidia SLI support. SLI performance is not being only based in GPU drivers but the game programming aswell. I have asked from Nvidia about rFactor2 and the answer is: We can not do anything, game is poorly optimized. I bet this is reason why we don`t have SLI support it is simply impossible.

Spinelli`s statement about perfect SLI scaling is from 07-12-15 and it was fine with Nvidia driver 353.30. However there has been windows updates and this driver don`t work anymore with SLI/Nvidia 3D sorround. NVidia profile (rFactor2 Mod Mode.exe, rFactor2.exe) is created 2011-09-22 and when ISI updates gmotor2, additional SLI optimizations etc. in 2015 and never submit the latest build of the rF2 executables to Nvidia so that an updated working SLI profile can be created. It is ISI and their communication with NVIDIA which is the reason to rFactor2 SLI problems. Nvidia has released hole bunch of new drivers after release of 353.30 and none of them gives you satisfying fps and scaling to achieve normal game experience with Nvidia SLI or SLI/Nvidia 3D surround.

:mad:

10. Gonzo

Gonzo Member

I had two or three ati multi gpu cards (always the high-end modell) and then two gtx680 and never had a statisfaction result in rFactor, so i gave up and went back to single gpu instead running the gtx980 now which runs very well and smooth as butter along with gsync.

11. WhiteShadow

WhiteShadow Registered

I must also admit that I am disappointed to read reply like this from ISI knowledgeable member. I bought first time two 6600 GT in 2005. I have never had any problems to run rFactor in SLI. rFactor is Nvidia supported game since 2006-01-01.

:(

12. Gonzo

Gonzo Member

Well, my setup might be somewhat special. I ran three to four screens all different manufactors, refreshrates and resolutions, but used rf always as singlescreen. It cost me days and ages of my life to adjust, tune and optimize things and i end up with my personal solution: a single highend gpu fixed the issues i had and now gsync with capped fps also fixed tearing and kicked out stuttering forever. Now i just wait for something great from nvidia to replace the gtx980 and then i might go to 1440p or even 4k for rF2, depends on the performance of the next gen cards.

13. WhiteShadow

WhiteShadow Registered

SLI Issues in Build 1052 are still not addressed.
    No improvements to Nvidia SLI performance with multiview+ HDR. Still experiencing stuttering, low framerates, SLI/gsync don`t work and GPU loads -+40% with GeForce Game Ready DriverVersion: 361.75-WHQL.
    353.30 & windows 10 latest updates this driver don`t work anymore, 120hz/120 fps gaming is not possible anymore in rFactor2 becourse of nvlddmkm.sys BSOD error, etc, etc.......... :mad:

14. otta56

otta56 Registered

Windows 8.1 SLI Performance in latest Build

Like the previous poster with W10, 8.1 Sli performance is poor. At Lime Rock with 22 AI, Megane 1.02, latest build, latest Nvidia driver, 32 - 48 fps no AA, no AF shows stuttering & highly variable gpu utilization rates. CPU/GPU widget shows very little parallel processing (scaling) between GPUs at this circuit. Newer circuits have better framerates but all stutter at some points on the circuit. LEGO compatibility bits are no longer as effective but still miles better than the stock settings.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2016
  15. Magus

Magus Registered

Like the 2 above, running W10, Sli triple screens, using LEGO computability bits, have had to go from AA 6 to 3, AF x16 to x8, settings FULL to Medium/Low, to be able to lap around Silverstone (minus AI) at a steady 60fps, apart from when passing the pit building where it drops 8-10fps (I used to run a steady 60fps with inflated in game graphics settings and higher AA with a full field of cars). Unfortunately my sim of choice is no longer playable and am having to hope something changes with the Sli profiles or with my hardware as right now selling my 680's and getting a single 980ti isn't viable and won't be for a while.

It's a real shame for me and all I can assume is that there is something fundamentally incompatible at the core of the graphics engine with running multiple GPU's that ISI cannot undo (well not with ease anyway), otherwise I think we would have had an updated Sli profile by now.

16. WhiteShadow

WhiteShadow Registered

17. atlantakat

atlantakat Registered

I noticed that the game manual for Automobilista states that current nVidia drivers are increasingly NOT optimized for DX9 titles which seems to me consistent with SLI performance getting worse on newer builds of rFactor 2 and nVidia drivers even after applying the most successful tweaks in nVidia Inspector. It may be as simple as SLI performance in rFactor 2 cannot be improved unless ISI can get the title moved to a modern flavor of DX. Won't hold my breath on that one.

18. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

Sounds a lot like the reason ISI dropped non HDR support, they just don't want to waste resources or performance to keep supporting old stuff, who can blame them.

Then again, with the new generation of cards and multiview on the hardware side, you have to wonder, will you even need SLI anymore? :)

19. WhiteShadow

WhiteShadow Registered

I think you find answer here: http://www.overclock3d.net/articles...to_simplify_multi-gpu_support_in_directx_12/1