New hardware build, some strangeness

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Booth_doberman, Jun 24, 2019.

1. Booth_doberman

Booth_doberman Registered

I upgraded processor/motherboard/memory, did a complete new OS rebuild along with everything else. I see some strange things. In both VR and flatscreen, when I go in Options to select a HUD, almost all of the installed HUDS show up as blank boxes with nothing but the name. Didn't they all used to show some mock-up of the HUD? My favorite HUD (No Dials Hud) doesn't work at all any more; the default S397 one loads instead in VR and flat. IN VR, the garage doesn't display the car...just a black box. The text on the right is fine though. When choosing an event like All Cars and Tracks, the small window for the event (VR and flat) is blank; it's just a box outline with nothing in it. Wasn't there a separate section in the race garage--in chassis, I think--that had the traction control settings for the Orecas?

2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

it is there, (the TC adjustments) I wonder if you have a custom garage installed? Some of the older mods created their own garage screens and thus new items that came along later, like traction control for the Oreca and ABS brakes for GT3 would not have been visible on the garage screens.

3. Booth_doberman

I'm talking about the garage in race...not the one you get to by clicking a Car choice and then Tuning. I'm talking about teh garage where you can make changes to your car's chassis, fuel load, downforce, etc. I don't think there are custom garages for that one. I think the custom garages only exist for the Tuning screen, right?

4. Daniele Vidimari

Daniele Vidimari Registered

He means the UI (user interface), if you are using a custom UI you will not have some new features in the setup screen, if the given custom UI is not up to date.

5. Booth_doberman

Returning the UI back to the default fixed the missing traction control listing in the garage. Thank you. Some of the empty boxes/icons returned to normal also, but not all of them. I suspect it may be a DX9/11 issue. No Dials HUD works now. I believe I will stay away from Custom UIs in the future.