Released NEW! GT3 Pack - Now Available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Oct 17, 2017.

1. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Like I said adjust ARB and wing according to the track, at Silverstone you should run rear wing 1 or 2 and change ARB

2. Tech G

Tech G Registered

Is there anywhere the S397 provide the car stats for the GT3 Pack? Such as the fixed gear ratios and final drive, Max Torque and BHP, weight and weight distribution, up-shift and downshift delays, etc, etc?

3. rd.king

rd.king Registered

Any chance to get the range of adjustment corrected for the mirrors on the Radical RX
    I would really like to see what's behind me rather than what's behind the fence 50 feet to my left.:)

4. Emery

Emery Registered

Weight & weight distribution is visible in the garage, right below (or above) the individual tire pressures on the Advanced tab. The other items are locked away.

Some might argue that knowing what the gear ratios are is irrelevant when they're fixed. If you're really curious, just get a copy of the FIA specs.

5. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

Thanks to @Paulfield
    The controls are your seat movement plus Ctrl/Alt/Shift; it doesn't matter whether you use the left-Shift or right-Shift, it's just Shift.

Shift + seat forwards/backwards tilts all your mirrors left and right.
    Shift + seat left/right tilts all your mirrors up and down.

Ctrl + seat forwards/backwards tilts your left mirror left and right.
    Ctrl + seat left/right zooms your left mirror in and out.

Alt does the same as above, for the right mirror.

Ctrl+Alt does the same as above, for the centre mirror.

Ctrl+Shift + seat left/right changes 'mirror size' for all mirrors. Looks like an overall zoom of sorts.
    (There is a PLR option "Rearview Independent"; I think if you set this to 1 you can use Ctrl+Shift+seat forward/back to adjust the horizontal FOV of the mirrors independently of the vertical)

Alt+Shift + seat left/right physically moves the centre mirror up and down.
    Alt+Shift + seat forward/back physically moves the centre mirror left and right.

Finally, if your seat position has put the mirrors completely out of whack and you can't get them to adjust enough, try changing the PLR option "Moving Rearview" so your head position no longer affects the position and/or FOV of the mirrors.

patchedupdemon and Emery like this.
  6. rd.king

rd.king Registered

@ ADSTA
    That all great info and all,
    but it doesn't apply to the issue with the Radical wing mirrors
    they cannot be adjusted, in enough to see behind you I have tried.
    I drive in cockpit view no hud no fake mirrors,
    I use a race seat setup, track IR and a natural FOV.
    I have no issue with seeing the mirrors a slight head turn left or right and there they are
    showing me the fences.
    So unless there's a JSON file that allows me to change the rotation range of the mirrors
    this will need to be addressed by someone on the programing team.
    Cheers
    Edit:
    so by changing the player JSON I can in fact get a decent mirror setting for the radical
    but now all the other cars mirror settings I've never had to change are messed up.
    Can you save a per car seat and mirror setting?

Last edited: Apr 15, 2018
  7. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

GRAB_014.JPG

Ummm, you sure about that?

edit, no json file involved and I don't think the programming team would be very happy about having to show you how to push two keyboard keys down at the same time!

Last edited: Apr 15, 2018
  8. rd.king

rd.king Registered

I have no issue with any of the other gt3 cars, jump from one to the next never need to change a thing.
    most of the cars in fact.
    just the radical
    must be the default #s for this one.

9. Amanda Santini

Amanda Santini Registered

Can I use the sounds from other mods in the GT3 pack? In my opinion, the cars from the GT3 Pack sound too soft, muted, and washed out :/

10. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

In your player.JSON / Game Options, find the line:
    "User Vehicle Data#":"0=save with user mod data (in CCH files), 1=save separately (in all_vehicles.ini)",

If you look in your "all_vehicles.ini" you see each individual car you have installed is listed even if you haven't driven it.
    You will notice each car has seat and mirrors (plus others) co-ordinates listed.
    Whereas the mod CCH files doesn't have those details listed.

So, if I'm not mistaken, if you set the UserVehicle Data to 1 it will use those settings when you use that car.
    Just remember though it saves by car not model of car.
    So if you have made changes in #1 Radical then use #2 Radical it will use default settings not #1 settings.

rd.king, Emery and patchedupdemon like this.
  11. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

No because S397 GT3 pack is crypted.
    You can do nothing with these cars.

I would have so wanted to double their power, without changing the essentials of Physics ;)

12. Amanda Santini

Damn. I just cannot enjoy them with such sounds.

Thanks!

13. stonec

stonec Registered

IMO the sounds are awesome, especially on the Corvette and Mercedes. Most mods use "home made" mixes of sounds recorded on YouTube that in no way compare to official DLC sound samples that were probably recorded with professional equipment. Mods may sound less soft but that's mostly due to adding fake effects and noise into the mix. You can easily tell most mods have poor quality samples from the lack of bass and lower frequencies.

patchedupdemon likes this.
  14. Andregee

Andregee Registered

I watched the ADAC GT Masters race last weekend in Oschersleben and compared the suspension work of the cars especially from the Callaway Corvette to see if the real car is also so stiff like in rFactor2. The Corvette GT3 drove over the curbs smooth like all other cars, while in rFactor2 the suspension is extremly stiff even with the softest spring and adjusted damper settings, that you are loosing very fast control driving over curbs, where the other GT3 has no problems with it. I can´t understand it. In rFactor2 it jumps up and down so fast, nearly loosing contact to the ground, that was something that in reality I could not see this in the beginning

Nitrometh likes this.
  15. Nitrometh

Nitrometh Registered

About a year back I talked to a swiss mercedes sls amg driver in Hockenheim at the Bosch Historic race event.
    We talked about the car and also about sim racing. He said he uses simulators to get to know the tracks and to get a overall feeling. He also said in most of the sims the cars are way more difficult to drive as the cars in real life. Pushing a GT 3 car to the limit would be like pushing a faster roadcar to the limit. Just a bit more difficult because of dirty air and loosing grip when you are driving close to another car. The most difficult thing would be the consistency and the knowledge that you shouldn't make mistakes because you and your aren't indestructible. Most of the gt3 cars he drove were not heavily oversteering but slightly understeering.
    But anyway I really really love the gt3 mod. My all-time favourite :)

marmagas and LokiD like this.
  16. LokiD

LokiD Registered

i have the same feelings when i drove the car in my avatar. It was just more confidence inspiring in real life as there seemed to be more grip and much more control. Obviously you have more senses at play and more forces which help "feel" the car. These simulations get quite close but not near to real life, when we bash sims for being over grippy, i am afraid are more near to the real thing in a grip sense.

17. Andregee

Andregee Registered

Thats not a question of easier oder more difficult caused by different impressions. With enough experience you can compensate the missing or other impressions. And when you're on the road in virtual reality, it's even easier. This is no comparison to the operation on the monitor, as the vehicle movement is transmitted much more realistically and directly.When a racer practices on a simulator, he simply lacks the familiar impressions that make driving at the limit seem more difficult, but this does not mean that physics is different from real life.But the Corvette shows a behavior in the simulation and this quite obviously, what I could not observe so in real life absolutely. It looks and feels like driving on a rubber balk instead on a spring and damper combination

Last edited: Apr 17, 2018
  18. Seven Smiles

Seven Smiles Registered

LokiD: unless you were actually racing that car then I'd bet (having done many track days myself) that you were nowhere near the limit - and any sim car driven, say, 5% off the pace will feel easy to drive and grippy. I've been on track with a friend who races his car, both of us in Caterhams but where I have over 200 BHP and track day tyres, he had just over 100 and road tyres. I'm the quickest driver amongst my track day friends but had trouble getting away from him - there's quite a gap between driving a car "pretty quick" and "race pace".

19. Amanda Santini

I completely disagree.

Of course, not all mods will sound great (specially rf2 mods), but there are quite a few out there that achieve better results than what S397 put on the table. Like, for example, how the URD C7R is not too far from the real car in engine tone, downshifts, and so son. A bit of EQ tweaking would make it sound really awesome.
    Even comparing an 11 year old car sound from GTR2 makes it pretty evident how muffled and washed out the GT3 Pack cars are in rF2. While the cars are not exactly the same, it's evident how good a car can actually sound when it's done right.
    To me, even Simtek was able to achieve much better results than S397, having what I consider an OK sound base that can sound great after a few tweaks. Simtek vs real life vs rf2. To me, the AMG in the GT3 Pack sounds as if it was recorded in a room, it has a bit of echo it seems. Sound is muffled and washed out too. Overall, not so great.

And to me it really doesn't come down only to the equipment used, but how it's used and how the sounds are produced/engineered after recording. While S397 makes what are (IMO) perhaps the worse sounds in the racing sim market (even worse than many amateur-made mods), I bet you can give Sector 3 guys a 5 dollar mic and they would still be able to produce the best sounds in the racing sim market.

Regards

Tom Lebeuf likes this.
  20. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

I disagree,while rf2 doesn’t have the bet sounds,it’s far from the worst,I can think of one very expensive sim that does a way worst job

mesfigas likes this.