Released NEW! GT3 Pack - Now Available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Oct 17, 2017.

1. LokiD

LokiD Registered

do u feel the same rattle in the older radical?

2. dadaboomda

dadaboomda Registered

- The physics / FFB AC are disastrous and only suitable for sim-arcaders.
    In particular, the FFB is totally FAKE. Even by deactivating the "false effects" and "amplified effects, the result is always a thousand places of RF2

- RF2 has no effects FAKE or AMPLIFIED.
    The FFB comes directly from the physics.
    And RF2 presents the best physics and FFB of market, so....

- The S397 GT3 is a great success, the physics (and therefore the FFB) are incredible, for me these two things combined: they are not cars with fictitious data, they are the real data of cars. Finally, these GT3s use all the latest physics technologies. ------>>> This is exactly the way to follow S397, continue as well ...

Rui Santos and SPASKIS like this.
  3. Christos Segkounas

Christos Segkounas Registered

Makes two of us.
    I can barely get myself to drive 3rd party GT3s anymore.

Hmmm, I recently raced the car and did not have such trouble.
    I try to put my seat position as high as possible for better view of the road, so instead of sitting lower, try sitting higher?
    Both the distance to the wheel and seat height will determine your view of the dials, for each car you have to adjust the seat position not just based on your own preferences but also the cockpit functionality of said car.

Life works in mysterious ways.
    2 pages ago I made a post about how much I love this lightness on the limit feel of the AMG.
    If it were to be removed I would quit the sim in disgust and seek legal counseling.
    It's the only time I have ever felt my front tires giving me information about what they are actually doing instead of relying on visual cues.

Kind of hard for me to evaluate these claims seeing as we race these cars with all assists off.
    This way I believe the Radical to be critical on the limit (which I find exciting and challenging honestly) , especially at high speed, and the others spot on and sweet handling.
    I have heard complaints about the Bentley's snap-oversteer but I haven't really come across it, maybe they mean how the car will easily kick it's tail when throttling it too hard at lower speeds.
    Nothing that's out of hand imo, any self respecting driver should see that as a plus because otherwise the car is not particularly exciting at all.
    The 650S I think is beautiful after the latest updates.

See how differently people perceive the same things :)

kimbo likes this.
  4. liakjim

liakjim Registered

Don't you also feel a shake on wheel when Bentley understeers?
    If yes, could you explain how can this be on a real car too?
    If it can be explained then it's ok let's keep it.
    If not I would like to be able to remove it.Do yoI know how?

PS please don't mention assetto corsa. I did it only to understand how I feel the effect. I don't really care about beginning something like this.

patchedupdemon likes this.
  5. LokiD

LokiD Registered

Your talking about a real life series that can cater towards amateurs with easy to handle cars. no one here can know how realistic they feel.

And the guy that said ac is sim arcade...... Shut up you're embarrassing yourself mate!

bluet and Jack7793 like this.
  6. liakjim

liakjim Registered

@christos_Swc thanks but I always keep my views in sims as low as possible for maximum simulation as it is in real life also. I need just 3-4 clicks more. Do you know how ?

Also lightness in Mercedes when understeer it's completely exaggerated. It can't be like that I real car. I feel more than half of ffb goes away. This can't be realistic (IMO).
    PS I am pretty confident that rf2 uses some effects. But don't really care. I.just need more control.

7. dadaboomda

dadaboomda Registered

When I spoke in my message of "sim-arcaders" I had no value judgment or contempt:

Sorry if I upset you.

There are different types of players depending on whether their expectations / needs are more or less close to such and such aspects:

- Realism
    - Immersion / ergonomics.

And of course there are all the nuances between the two.

The choice of the game must be made according to that.

I do not carry any value judgment, sorry for having hurt you.

8. LokiD

LokiD Registered

you didn't upset me, just don't like people talking shit!

9. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Registered

@dadaboomda I see you're making lots of friends in this forum dude. I'm tired of reading your same crap all over again in every thread. Time for me to hit the ignore button (as many already have) until you ignore yourself.

bluet, Filip, demerzel and 1 other person like this.
  10. Christos Segkounas

Christos Segkounas Registered

Some of the vibes in your post are a little confusing, on one hand you are looking for low cockpit view in the interests of realism and later you mention that you just want more control even in the face of some effects.
    In my view, this "exaggerated" lightness effect offers just that.
    It is not understeer, the steering gets light right on the limit, letting you know exactly where the limit is, before the front tires actually start sliding.
    My RL racing experience doesn't help me evaluate how close these cars are to being realistic because GT3 cars are way outside my sphere.
    However, even real-life GT3 drivers would have trouble giving you a definitive answer, most of the experience of driving a car comes from the forces applied and all your senses put together, so it is quite different.
    Nicky Thiim would agree with me.
    They can however evaluate handling in general but don't expect too much detail beyond that.
    I am not at all sure the lightness of the steering on the limit of the AMG in RF2 is unrealistic(or exaggerated), the weight distribution and handling characteristics of different cars vary greatly.
    Lest we forget IRL you are getting feedback through your ass, your ribs, your neck, your hands etc.
    In a sim it all has to come through the steering wheel (besides visuals and audio which are the most important really).
    So, as long as the information provided is useful I would hesitate to look for realism in FFB, immersion only and some tips for the chassis at best.
    Quite hard to have the steering wheel provide information for the state of grip of both the front and rear tires.
    Personally I just want to know how close to the limit I am, I need that information and I am quite disappointed that sim racing equipment cannot provide useful feedback for the tires during braking so one has to rely on muscle memory.
    At least for me the AMG gives me some good feedback while cornering and I am quite happy with that.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2017
  11. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

Sorry to bring up the subject of iracing once again,but all I ever heard from the forum dwellers who hardly raced over there was that rf2 has fake effects in its ffb,and that iracing doesn’t that’s why their ffb feels numb in comparison.

Care to elaborate so I can know the truth

12. stonec

stonec Registered

@dadaboomda is correct this time, there are no fake effects in rF2 FFB. The discussion about FFB and how people think it's something that S397 adds on top of the car is getting tiresome. All FFB in rF2 comes from the physics of the car. So if the FFB feels wrong, then you are basically saying the physics are wrong. There are no understeer effects etc., it has never been mentioned once to exits in rF2.

John and Emery like this.
  13. Skan

Skan Registered

Some of the "understeer" is in fact the driver not keeping enough load on the diff. This is causing the weight of the car to pull it away from the turn. That is called centrifugal force. Sometimes the opposite happens if there is not enough load on the diff and the car wants to fling the rear end around. That is the same force just acting on a different part of a vehicle due to where the center of mass is located on the vehicle.

14. LokiD

LokiD Registered

@stonec your presuming the physics are 100% spot on all the time?
    Take that with a pinch of salt.
    remember the DW12 debacle? also s397 have made improvements to physics in a couple of cars theres always room for improvement matey.,:)

Last edited: Nov 22, 2017
    Ernie likes this.
  15. RaceNut

RaceNut Registered

According to Lord Stefano: AC FFB is directly derived from the physics, even the Road Effects are coming from the suspension data but, the Slip Effect is a vibration effect triggered by traction-loss, the Curb Effects are an optional effect to boost curb feel for those that want more intensity - even though the physics do produce Curb-Effects when appropriate (depending on suspension loading / actual curb detail).

Try spending some time reading the official forums for the relavent titles; you'd be amazed how much you can learn . . . and factual information as well. ;)

Travis, Jack7793, Ernie and 3 others like this.
  16. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

Would rather just ask instead of having to trawl through the drivel of opposing fanboys battling it out.

Usually for every factual and helpful post,there’s ten that has the usual detritus

17. Filip

Filip Registered

With posts like this you loose all credibility (if you had any at all).
    You can drive your real race car as much as you want but you don't understand anything

bluet, LokiD and demerzel like this.
  18. yippssy

yippssy Registered

Add real gearboxes emulated, add onboard ABS modes, add onboard traction control modes and onboard ECU map sampling, all these technologies are relevant in GT3, and just the best game to play with the different track grip situations through these systems, doesn't include these ones in cockpit as real ones.

Unbelievable in a 15€ mod.

Please Studio397, stay tunned.

19. KILL BILL

KILL BILL Registered

I doubt it. Why then there is no feeling ffb for change camber, etc.. ?

20. Jack7793

Jack7793 Registered

Let's absolutely not start a sim vs sim war please. They might be innocent questions now but it won't stay that way for long.

LokiD likes this.