Released NEW! GT3 Pack - Now Available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Oct 17, 2017.

1. marmagas

marmagas Registered

launcherCapture.PNG 20171030190128_1.jpg 20171030183755_1.jpg 20171030185206_1.jpg
    My gfx:R9 380 Sapphire Nitro.
    So nothing is wrong here.
    Matsusaka is ok,GT3 a little heavy but mega fun to drive.
    @liakjim,i think your card has something wrong...
    I race full grid,30-40 drivers(SR4L,simracing.club,GTitalia.org) and the only problem is freezes,now with dx11 and no trackmap, is better.
    Sure GT3 pack needs optimization but its not the end of the world!
    Devs know and will fix it,give them some time.Good things are coming!

2. Paco572

Paco572 Registered

This is truly misleading suggesting nothing is wrong here. Try this, put AA to "level 5", Post to "Ultra", In display settings, crank everything to to the MAX, set visible cars to 18. Then repost with the same pictures. Then we'll see if there nothing wrong here.

PACO

demerzel likes this.
  3. burgesjl

burgesjl Registered

I see what S397 have done with the GT3 Pack as a bit of a missed opportunity; but, we aren't done with it yet, and it is potentially a long term play for turnaround in interest in this sim.

The pack was not well announced (holding back on which cars were in it); the tactic of trying to build up hype didn't work. Hopefully they have learned their lesson from this and won't be tempted to repeat it. GT3 racing is the most popular form of racing currently in the world, so it was important for them to get a good entry in this field. The pack was unfinished at release and now we have people with issues due to number of skins and side effects of auto population of vehicles in an event. I have to believe this can be fairly rapidly resolved so that there is a balance. Whether you drive, race offline or race online, its important to get a good baseline of content that many people are likely to own. Hopefully many more will purchase the pack. I would say generally the cars are of good quality for 3D models/skins, and physics are reasonable though work needs to be done on this and for balance between the cars. There does seem to be some issue on graphics performance. These things can be fixed.

The GT3 Pack was probably most important to begin to get more people online, which is where SPASKIS charts come into play. So far I am not really seeing an uptick in good-quality open race servers using this content. The lack of graphics performance is a problem given that there are other well-thought-of mods out there covering similar GT cars; and this extends to lack of DX11 optimizations as well. I think the plan to retire DX9 is a good one since at present the community is once again fractured. I think though that we need the new online competition structure to really see a change/uptick in online activity, the pack alone won't be what drives this.

I don't believe rF2 can survive as a totally offline sim - be that just driving, or racing AI or hotlap competitions. If it has a legacy edge in physics, realroad etc. then these have been much reduced - PC2 for one, and most of the current or former gMotor sims has something like it. It has to catch up on graphics (to all except AMS) and VR to get new sales. Much has to be done to recover from the fractured user base, and to do so, consistent and widely available content is key. Leagues can and will continue with their mods e.g. URD, but the limited numbers who will utilize payware from a mod team mean much remains to be done. GT3s is the start; next is probably mid range open wheelers, and I have to think eventually it will be historic ones. But GT3s leverage all the dynamic track, day/night and endurance racing capability in a way open wheelers won't. Leagues also won't change mods/content in mid season so it'll take a while to work through. rF2 is going to take a long time to build up a strong online competition base with enough people to sustain it. This is the opportunity that no other sim has cracked at reasonable cost.

4. dadaboomda

dadaboomda Registered

I just say to contribute :

You will have a strong better OVERALL QUALITY (not only aliasing) and at least same perforfance in :

- Don't using AA of the game or of your driver
    - Use a better resolution than full hd : at least 3K and 4K is really the best. If you dont have a 4K monitor like me (52")
    and if you have a nvidia USE THE 4K DSR FONCTION. The blurring have to be less than the standard which is 33% (too blurring).
    - then if your gpu permise this, use the game AA and try level 1 then level 2 etc. With 4K DSR level 2/3 is absolutely perfect on a 132cm screen.

- very good AA
    - you see every details on the road/trees etc MANY MORE than full hd
    - better performance than full hd + strong AA

5. ECAR_Tracks

ECAR_Tracks Registered

I used to have much worse performance when trying to smooth the jagged lines using DSR than forcing higher Anti-alias levels in my past experiences, but I buy your recommendation and I'll try again soon.

6. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

I think numbers are quite clear according to the graphs I posted.

There is a big potential 1M userbase in simracing. PC has almost that 1M owners and AC 600K.

Online community only represents a small % for each title. Considering that an average driver drives at least once every 1-2 weeks. The 700 people online peak rF2 values should represent between 5K and 10K people online community. This represents around 10% of the total owners.

Considering online most played titles combined, a daily peak value of around 5K users representing a community of around 50K users, 5% of the total 1M userbase.

Considering the numbers, it would seem that the largest income is coming from young people who prevail fancy graphics and that still don't care much about competing others.

The greater the simulation realism the more people willing to compete real drivers.

rF2 should improve its graphics/performance and integrate a career mode for offline racers if it really wants to boost sales. A new title would also help for evident marketing reasons.

7. Magus

Magus Registered

Since DX11 I've not played rF2 on a monitor (only in VR), and wondering, does the line in the player.json file;

"Texture Sharpening":5,
    "Texture Sharpening#":"Sharpen textures using MIP LOD bias - 0=Off, 1=+2.0(very blurry), 2=+1.0(blurry), 3=-1.0(sharp), 4=-2.0(very sharp), 5=0.0(auto)",

set at 0 not help with smoothing the edges like it used to in DX9?

8. Emery

Emery Registered

How many of those are console users rather than PC users?

9. dadaboomda

dadaboomda Registered

The principal difference is :
    - full hd and strong AA = good AA but absolutely not perfect
    - 4K resolution or DSR 4K + very low AA (off or level 1 or level 2) = almost perfect aliasing or REALLY perfect aliasing with AA level 2 AND ULTRA DETAILED PICTURE --->>> OVERALL IMAGE QUALITY

So it is overall image quality on all the video scene VS only AA improved and not perfect.

Good try ;)

10. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

That is exactly how I have always done the alpha channel, only checked when editing and turned off the rest of the time. (I checked to make sure I hadn't accidently left it on :)) It's not like I'm new to this I've been painting cars in rF and rF2 for a lot of years. Even your Merc skin comes up different in build 1109 so it may be a shader or something in the new build interacting with something in the template? It's the only car that this happens with, so there's nothing wrong with my technique. Thanks for the input Paco but I think that S397 still need to take a look at it. :)

11. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

There is Steam on consoles??

12. Paco572

Paco572 Registered

Yes I started a thread to address the "v1109" issue in tech support forum.. Thank you for your input and comments. They are welcome.

PACO :)

13. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

Those are steam spy values so I supposed it is only PC.

14. Emery

Emery Registered

I have no clue!

15. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

Windows, Linux and Mac that I know.

16. burgesjl

burgesjl Registered

I don't doubt that as things currently stand, there is a far larger audience for offline driving and offline racing (AI) than there is for online racing. That would seem to suggest they do as you say and add a career mode and other things that offline folks find attractive. But let's be clear; some of the other things the console fans like such as massive collections of cars, aren't going to happen with S397. Plus, there are numerous other competitors who already play in that arena on PC from Forza thru PC2 and others that will likely always be shinier and prettier and have deeper pockets. Directly taking them on seems a pointless exercise. In a sense, AMS might also be staking out the 'better simulation fidelity' and also R3E, with targeted sets of cars/series and specific strengths. It's a possible plan of attack. Everyone will have GT3 carsets. Most all of the others have wider sets of content and even go so far as to laser scanned tracks. So it has be something else as the hook; even if their current tagline is 'the most diverse simulation' I'm not sure going into multiple niche areas is workable.

Meanwhile, the online market and esports is going begging. PC2 has not cracked this; their solution falls short. But there's a reason why all the other console racers and simcade offerings are going after esports. You can't build this relying on mods. They have to get the GT3 Pack 'right'. And several others to follow up.

17. dadaboomda

dadaboomda Registered

@SPASKIS
    "rF2 should improve its graphics/performance and integrate a career mode for offline racers if it reallywants to boost sales."

I just speak for me, 100% offline user :
    - I use only rf2 to train me (laser scanned nordschleife / only ISI-S397 cars which I think are better than best mods (physics / FFB)
    - I use AI only less 1% of the time : whether AI won very very easily and never make mistakes (I change the player.json to have AI mistake), whether I won very easily. The value "AI strenght" is very random according to the car, your concentration (AI is always concentrate :)). It is not Ok for me, I want a function which permise that AI adapt his strenght in real time. I know : dadaboomda wants again something that never other user complain for !! :)

I said all that just to say that as a offline user (I just speak for myself), I don't want a career mod : I am not a "gamer", rf2 is the best (for me the only) simulation of the market. I want to train, and I dont need a career mod.

Plus I think It is a bad idea..... : hundreds of S397 hours to make career mod VS small team VS strongly improving physics / FFB / cars content / aquaplanning / realroad / laser scanned tracks......

Small team + low users = make good priorities is THE ONLY WAY.

And then we can not be agree concerning "what are the best priorities.
    For me its simple : strongly improve rf2 qualities and improve slowly the weaknesses. And yes.... S397 makes the contrary since 1 year. Hope I am wrong but I dont think so

Ps : I dont use google translate this time, hope its not bad ;)

Last edited: Oct 31, 2017
  18. KILL BILL

KILL BILL Registered

Enough to be pessimistic! )
    I'm waiting for a new GT3 pack-2 (porsche, bmw, audi, nissan, ferrari, lambo) :D , ready to pay in advance and twice as much :)

Ernie likes this.
  19. stonec

stonec Registered

Spoiler alert, you will never get a pack with Ferrari and Porsche in rF2, at least not until they manage to increase DLC sales by 10x. We just got a GT3 pack, why not enjoy of those instead of dreaming of things that won't happen.

kimikaze and DaveS78 like this.
  20. KILL BILL

KILL BILL Registered

Ok, unnecessary to remove, there were still other cars. :)
    I'm enjoying it, but why can not I dream about others? ;)
    But honestly, I want road cars, especially BMW M3-M5, and the modern F1. Again I dream...