Released NEW! GT3 Pack - Now Available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Oct 17, 2017.

1. Filip

Filip Registered

Very strange reasoning.

2. Lgel

Lgel Registered

What is your less "strange reasoning"?
    Cheers.

3. LokiD

LokiD Registered

i havent bought it yet..

I'm waiting for improvements to the title before i dish money out.. i support s397 but i dont want a gt pack which i wont play due to poor quality or bugs etc

and I'm sorta still waiting for the radical to be fixed fps/ffb

Last edited: Oct 30, 2017
  4. Flaux

Flaux Registered

Where do you get these numbers from? And are those online or offline played numbers or both?

dadaboomda likes this.
  5. stonec

stonec Registered

I think he got it from www.steamspy.com, it counts both online and offline players together AFAIK. Anyway, that 680 users number is the concurrent peak. It does not mean that only 680 users played rF2 over the last 24 hours. It just means that at most 680 users were at same time playing it. Also you would need to compare this number with other sims to see if it's actually any different.

dadaboomda and Lgel like this.
  6. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

https://steamdb.info/app/365960/graphs/
    Anyone that opens the launcher and has a profile set to public is counted does not matter if you play online or offline or if you are actually playing it. Tho IMO players in 2 weeks is a more realistic number as not everyone will start the game every day, I for sure dont do it, sometimes I stay more than a week without driving a sim

dadaboomda likes this.
  7. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

Average and peak online numbers do not represent a game's active users. It is more representative to look at trends to estimate that. The ratio of those with respect to owner number varies a lot within the games and their maturity. Some of them are more oriented to offline competition.

Most users don't play online daily. RF2 has indeed a quite online community vs owner ratio. Much higher than Assetto Corsa.
    sketch-1509370665510.png
    What it is clear today is that in order to have good sales, you have to provide good graphics at a reasonable performance. An aspect in which rF2 needs to certainly improve or VR with 4K resolutions coming next year will be unplayable in this sim.

Lgel likes this.
  8. Lu ManiaK

Lu ManiaK Registered

I'm just a little bit confused. A rF2 user needs to care about that kind of statistics?
    I mean...12 users use rF2? I don't care.
    Studio 397 doesn't have a great money return about GT3 content? I don't care.
    Going to compete with other sims in numbers? I don't (really fudging) care.
    When I go to buy bread to the baker it is beacause I'm cultivating an interest on his product...because I found him good for me. The baker falls in bankruptcy tomorrow? I don't care.

What I care is what make me use it, at least, like yesterday. If I have something better in the future I will be happy. And I know that will not be for sure something good at first release. It is absolutely normal. Mega-companies does MEGA-fails in ludic products also having hundreds of people working on it...the guys working on rF2 doesn't count so much people so it is absolutely normal to wait.
    Making the math in Studio 397's wallet, is, in my opinion, shows a lack of class. You can do it in your mind but making it and post that is unfair IMHO.
    Said that, let them work. Like them also the other guys working on 3rd part and on payware. A lot of them doesn't has that for work. They can't feed themselves and their families with rF2. Stay cool. Stay tuned and stay happy using happily rF2's contents. Don't try to ask a compromise between rF2 and others sims. It can't be. That is a no-compromise sim. If the compromise had poisoned him, years ago, then, today, would not have been existed.

Ernie and alpha-bravo like this.
  9. Filip

Filip Registered

As Lazza said:
    "Or just didn't drive that day, or like several sims (preferring aspects of each one), or real life got in the way. I didn't play in that 24 hours, I haven't quit sim racing or prefer other sims. I'm also not 13 and play games every day"

Cheers

Lgel likes this.
  10. ECAR_Tracks

ECAR_Tracks Registered

Actually I was referring to TV cameras when Im just watching or seeing replays.

Just to be clear, the FPS figures is over 100—120 all the time , but the animation is not fluid as it is in other games. It's the old stuttering thing coming back.

Guimengo likes this.
  11. Lgel

Lgel Registered

What you do is not statistically significant, what 55.000 buyers of RF2 do or don't is more.
    Yesterday was Sunday, if you follow statistics of RF2 games, Saturday and Sunday are the peak days for people who play RF2.
    The peak of 802 - simultaneous - users in the last 30 days has not been improved since the release of the DLC.
    Usually games see a raise in - simultaneous - users after the successful release of a DLC, it seems is not the case here.
    You are surely right this means nothing.
    Cheers.

12. ECAR_Tracks

ECAR_Tracks Registered

In few words... They tried to avoid the miss match nightmare of the old rF1 mod system and created a much worse one.

I'm sure if the package system was simple as it is in rF1, the reality would be very other (and better) nowadays.

Personally I'd prefer to deal with loose files and manage my sim folder than to have the current black box system.

GT3 would have a number of complete and balanced series to download at this stage if we have the good and old rF1 folder and files structure.

fsuarez79 likes this.
  13. Lgel

Lgel Registered

You are right, and I am completely wrong on this point (no irony at all, I interpreted peak as maximum number of different users, and not simultaneous users as I have been corrected here), more than 802 different users may have played RF2 in the last month.
    Cheers.

Filip likes this.
  14. Paco572

Paco572 Registered

I'm looking into this right now, trying to see what's going on. By the way, I was able reproduce your error from a screen shot you made. In Photoshop if you select RGB where your alpha channel is, you'll see 4 RGB and one alpha channel. If you "turn on" your alpha channel by selecting it to be on, your car looks identical to your screen shot. Go into the .psd and make sure the is no check mark, bullet is turning the alpha channel on. The only time it should be is if you editing the alpha specifically. You should have only 4 channels on. with the alpha channel off, as to make it invisible. Give that try.

PACO

15. dadaboomda

dadaboomda Registered

Fortunatelly I trust a lot S397 to resolve totally the stuttering problems when the "not" beta dx11 will coming.

I hope Im right.

Rui Santos likes this.
  16. Paco572

Paco572 Registered

Have you used the known ALT+TAB to focus the white box, before you select a car or track, around the game to end the stuttering?

PACO

17. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Registered

Exactly. There's a reason that visible cars setting exists. You can race up to 30-40 cars as long as you set visible cars to a reasonable value depending on your hardware. After the race starts you'll never have 30 cars on screen anyways but can still race a complete field.

marmagas likes this.
  18. dadaboomda

dadaboomda Registered

I understand what you say but :

For ME
    I want them to succeed at best for two reasons:

- I am grateful that ISI has brought me for 12 years AND they are the BEST on the basics: FFB / physics / car content / algorythms as the realroad etc .....
    the only "pseudo" recent simulation that I tested (AC) is for me in the best case a arcade sim and certainly not a simulation:

I am even more grateful to ISI for allowing me to use a simulation 2.0 with in my opinion the "2013-2017 standard simulation".

- 2 nd element and it is by far the MOST IMPORTANT:

more S397 has success and more S397 has more money = THE ONLY TRUE SIMULATION OF THE MARKET (*** I speak only for myself and according to my criteria) can be improved.

After, you've seen it on other threads: I do not agree at all with the priorities of S397. The judicious choice of priorities is the ONLY AND ONLY AVERAGE FOR S397 TO SUCCEED (unless they are donated 20 million euros or their team grows very strongly, which obviously will not happen.)

So yes I want their success for them but I want their success especially FOR ME

After unfortunately for me, a company is free of these strategic choices (joke).... and these choices made in 2017 I find them bad.It is not my business so THEY DO WHAT THEY WANT. I'm just free to give my opinion.

19. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

rFactor2 facebook page just upload this photo, update coming?

22860091_1651925751524997_222830417089130352_o.jpg

20. dadaboomda

dadaboomda Registered

Thank you Paco but I have solved this problem with the help of guys like you since more than 1 month ;)

I said that because I want all users to solve this problem when the non beta dx11 will coming.