Released NEW! GT3 Challengers Pack NOW Available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Dec 22, 2018.

1. Vanisch

Vanisch Registered

The Porsche has a great physics, but the new Shader makes it almost impassable in the rain. You hardly see anything, because of the light reflections. Please fix it !

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@Vanisch Since we seem to go around in waves here with issues and fixes, I'll just ask you to check that you've opted out of rF2 betas in steam.

3. Vanisch

Vanisch Registered

ahh...ok...thanks...

4. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

The old GT3 pack will be updated in terms of physics or tires or other ?

Because many people have found that the pack 2 seems better at this level.

I like it a lot, but if it can be better, I say yes !

@Marcel Offermans

M D Gourley and Jeferson Richart like this.
  5. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

@DrivingFast isnt the first GT3 pack up o date ?
    are you sure ?
    why i m sure it uses same tires like GTE.

6. Stefan_L_01

Stefan_L_01 Registered

The M6 Suspension seems to be a copy of the radical - very poor. It jumps around like a ping pong ball. Tires loose contact to Ground quite commonly. Same but not to such extend for MCL (like the former model)

UsedMomo likes this.
  7. Marcel Offermans

Marcel Offermans Registered

Report this in our support forum and include your exact PC configuration, game settings and steps to reproduce, please.

8. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Registered

I am really enjoying how this new pack drives but I must be honest, I cannot see any real visual difference between the other GT3 pack gfx and this one with the updates. Going through the different camera options, onboard and tv cams and the quality is still pretty low in some spots. Had a go at the new BMW tonight and when I switched to tv cams and bonnet cams there are blurry lines and what look like low res textures, the bonnet in bonnet cam looks washed out, low res and grainy in spots. Was certainly expecting a lot more. The replay cam from distance makes the car look great though. Is anyone else noticing the same?

UsedMomo and patchedupdemon like this.
  9. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Are you running the latest version and not one of the betas? Emptied the Cbash and Shader folders? The close-up external views should show the new graphics in the best viewing angles. Good luck.

10. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

@F1Aussie the blurry lines low res might be the shadows that you are looking
    the washed out is because of no new light effect on track applied yet.
    2 different things
    not sure about what i say but to me the new cars are really good looking and all that remains is to see more up to date PBR light tech to be inserted to the game for both cars and tracks.
    we live in the past i believe and more light new tech goodies will come patch after patch

pkelly likes this.
  11. John R Denman

John R Denman Registered

I've been driving both recently, I get what you're saying, but the geometry is definitely a bit different. I like to fine tune springs, dampers, pressures, etc. Each GT3 car may take a slightly different base setup with track tweaks.

12. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

remember too, some of these cars may use Ohlins dampers/shocks. Numbers are reversed for those. Which ones? too Christmassy tired to figure out just now...

13. stonec

stonec Registered

The difference between the new and old shaders is pretty massive, attached a quick comparison shot (650S vs 720S).

Attached Files:

Mydriaz, Dookie, Alex72 and 7 others like this.
  14. LokiD

LokiD Registered

Can't see much from the low res shot mate sry

15. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

The top of the fenders on the 650 is mostly monochromatic. The curves are visible, but not highlighted by reflections. The 720 has a bunch of highlights along most of the curved surfaces. CLOSER screen grabs will highlight more of the new features.

16. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Registered

Hi dave, yes i am on latest version 1112, no beta's and i cleared the cbash and shaders file before launching the first time.
    I have uploaded a few photos of the BMW, would be curious to see how these shots compare to others
    Cheers

Attached Files:

17. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Registered

I agree the cars look good from distant replay shots but not so much from the onboard and tv cams that i posted above. I have all graphics settings on full but did play with the nvidia control panel a few days back based upon a youtube video for getting better performance, i would assume rf2 settings would override though?

18. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Registered

Yes the distance shots are fine, it is the up close onboard and tv ones that look ordinary

19. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

@F1Aussie i think gpu cotrol panels both ati and nvidia overrides antialiasing and anisotropic filtering options.

20. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Registered

Would be I Ferrari g to get so.e confirmation on that. Does the pp settings affect the look of the cars much? I have been running it at low to get rid of dof effects, I can't stand them.