[REL] NEW! GT3 Challengers Pack NOW Available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Dec 22, 2018.

1. sherpa25

sherpa25 Registered

Exactly, the M6. Was revving (not full) before start, then switch to 1st when lights turn green, seemed like it stalls and takes time to pickup, so AI leaves me in the dust. :O 720S seems fine.

Are others fine? Will have a go and try the others later.

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

The M6 seems particularly sluggish. You might want to use a clutch (or keep it in a little longer, if you already are). Bogs down if you drop the clutch even after the initial jump.

Neptune Zone likes this.
  3. Filip

Filip Registered

For those of us without clutch pedal it is impossible to keep with AI at race start. At least I haven't figured it out.

4. sherpa25

sherpa25 Registered

I only use the T300 paddles, so auto-clutch.

5. Lazza

Lazza Registered

The T300 has a clutch pedal as standard, or not? You can still use it with paddles for the start.

6. sherpa25

sherpa25 Registered

Oh, I meant only T300 wheel. Though my G27 pedals have clutch, I use them as brakes (have my LC installed on it), as I prefer it to the middle pedals (... I also use a Wheelstand Pro v2).

While at it, for anyone, is there a way to save Race settings (ex. cars already selected for a Race), instead of having to do it repeatedly every time I enter a race w/ another similar car (GT3)? Keeps resetting to the same car only for AI.

7. LokiD

LokiD Registered

As far as I know.. No

8. Wergilius

Wergilius Registered

I wonder if the McLaren 720s GT3 might have a different optimization values/settings than the other GT3/LMP/GTE cars?

It often look like this with a floating wing where other cars ahead are visible.
    upload_2019-7-18_20-59-11.png

Akela_DE likes this.
  9. Kickbox

Kickbox Registered

Why is the caster still not adjustable? In real and in all other simulations it works and it would have a decisive influence on the FFB.

[​IMG]

10. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

wonder if the art team takes feed back from here, if so please
    stop using those leds in the cars (the ones used for things like ABS or wheel lock or TC which the game cant use yet) for rpm, please guys just please... stop. Use that for flags or pit limiter at least, but for rpm is cringy. The Aston and Porsche cockpit looks horrible when they go ON like that, especially because they look more like simple colored dots than actual lights.
    And I see the upcoming Porsche Cup has the same

TJones, Mibrandt and Javi288 like this.
  11. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Administrator Staff Member

McLaren 720s GT3
    - Added window template to workshop item.

12. Kickbox

Kickbox Registered

And the caster?

13. Paulfield

Paulfield Registered

McLaren 720s GT3
    - Added window template to workshop item.
    Sorry but where do we find these in the workshop. I have been trying but unsuccessful.
    Found them this is how. I had to resubscribe and then they appear in the template file.

14. D.Painter

D.Painter Registered

You don't.
    Next time you open the launcher it will download to the Template folder in the rFactor 2 directory.
    upload_2019-9-11_13-49-40.png

Funny when I read the template was added, I've done windows for that car sins it was released. Forgot I just made my own! Haha...:)

Emery and Magus like this.
  15. Ernie

Ernie Registered

Tried the Aston Martin, BMW and McLaren720S yesterday for the first time. The FFB strength in the Aston Martin felt quite weak in comparison to the BMW and the McLaren. Is it as it should be? Felt inconsistent.

Edit: Sorry. I take back my statement. Difference in FFB strength was caused by the car-specific FFB multi. I adjusted it to an equal level and FFB is fine throughout all cars.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2019
    Lazza likes this.
  16. Andregee

Andregee Registered

Could it be that the GT3 has a too high fuel consumption? With some cars you can hardly drive 1 hour with Outlap and so on.
    On Paul Riccard the Astont Martin GT3 also needs 0.7 litres more per lap than the Aston Martin GTE, 3.9 instead of 3.2 litres. That doesn't seem conclusive to me

17. MarcG

MarcG Member

Paul Ricard is not an official circuit, fuel consumption is based off what the Track modder puts in one of the files (i forget which) therefore this 'may' be incorrect. :)

Last edited: Oct 4, 2019
  18. Lgel

Lgel Registered

I may be wrong, but I believe that fuel estimate (which helps you estimate how much fuel to load for a given number of laps) is what the modder puts in a file of the track, fuel consumption of a given car is function of the physics of the car, and the driver use of the gas pedal, mixture settings, or boost settings.

For instance S397 Portugal GP had and probably still has a fuel estimate wrong by a third, so If you use the fuel estimate you embark too much fuel with every car you use.

Can someone confirm?

Cheers.

19. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

These cars use "different" engines, GT3 by regulation should run around 60~65 minutes of green flag tho

20. MarcG

MarcG Member

Yes by modder i meant Track Modder but I wasn't clear enough, I'll edit my post, thanks :)