[REL] NEW! GT3 Challengers Pack NOW Available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Dec 22, 2018.

1. Chris Lesperance

Chris Lesperance Registered

Yeah things aren't really that different than what it currently has been. D.Painter your tutorial is spot on.

I haven't gotten too far with a car that is currently implementing the system. But I do have a question for a future project on seeing how the window textures will be done with the new system. I have the Performance Tech Oreca all set up for when the oreca gets the material system, but I'm wondering how a car with multiple textures will be done.

[​IMG]

2. D.Painter

D.Painter Registered

Chris Lesperance If you have a look at the json file in notebook there is a line directory pointing it towards the WCCARBODY. This could be changes to WCWINDOW to direct the json to the windows. Meaning there would need to be 2 json files. This wold then need a different name so they don't overwrite. At the moment we have alt_json. The windows one would need to have a different prefix such as altWin_json (example only). Or alternatively add the windows to the current json with it's own entries.
    The Painteditor would need to have a section added so when open it would list as it does now twice with section provided for window edit.

I've found the windows boarders and banner are the only thing editable. The glass area is not. This being the case the glass area must be a different material and not mapped to same template (texture) If I could see the cars Mas I could confirm that. Whether it has a WC prefix is also unknown. If not then this area will not be editable so we can't add numbers and/or names.

This is all new and still being developed. It is stated in the tutorial that the painteditor is still not 100%.

3. FatCity

FatCity Registered

Hi, I just bought the challenge pack last night but I keep getting all these errors and cant see the Audi, the Porsche or the Aston Martin in game. The Callaway, Bentley, Radical and McLaren 720 are all fine. I get so many errors with MATH, WCExtra, Windscreen, so many , too many to list here.
    I uninstalled a heap of mods and verified game files through Steam, went looking for the d9dx.dll files in the bin folders but there were none .
    Is there an update that I need, the game is at the latest update. Im pretty sure I already have the original GT3 mod and dont want to have to download it again unless I can do it without paying for it again.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated. Its only this mod that Im having problrms with .

4. DanielK

DanielK Registered

Did you try unsubscribing from the new pack? In steam go to “your name” > inventory > rf2 then select each of the cars you have issues with and unsubscribe, restart rf2 so it cleans up then close it again, go back into steam and resubscribe to the cars and it should then work

5. D.Painter

D.Painter Registered

Make sure you have the latest version (update) of rF2 Sounds like your rF2 install is missing a lot off the new features that the GT3 cars rely on. NON BETA
    upload_2019-2-9_13-5-50.png

M D Gourley likes this.
  6. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Registered

Anyone noticed on the Porsche that from the bonnet cam with the cam facing down and left or right you can see beneath the bonnet? There is just a void and you can see the inside of the wheels and that there is no suspension attached to them, they spin on their own.

7. FatCity

FatCity Registered

Looks like this may be the case, mine says Build ID 2989661.
    found how to update and now all good, thanks very much for the help

Last edited: Feb 10, 2019
    Emery likes this.
  8. AMillward

AMillward Registered

I've done the tutorial video, it's posted to the official new shaders thread.

Emery, ADSTA, EsxPaul and 1 other person like this.
  9. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

You'd better make another one, they just released the new materials for the original GT3 pack. !!!!!

10. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

huh? they just updated the cars with the new material stuff, so now this video apply to the previous pack, no need to make a new video for that

AMillward likes this.
  11. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I figured.... :)

12. AMillward

AMillward Registered

Watch it twice? XD

FuNK!, bluet, McKiernan and 1 other person like this.
  13. Foodie

Foodie Registered

Will you fix the flatspotting of tyres even when running ABS on 10? Motec doesnt show locking of tyres.

14. Bill Thayer

Bill Thayer Registered

I recently bought the GT3 Challengers Pack, and my McLaren_720S_GT3_2018 v1.27 fails to verify and of course doesent show in game. Any Ideas? I posted this in the technical forum with no responses so I am looking for help here.
    Thanks

15. Donat

Donat Registered

Happened to me with the Porsche 911 GT3 R. I just went to my Steam inventory and clicked on the car's icon and then I just unsubscribed than subscribed again. Yes, I had to download the car again, but it worked.

bwana likes this.
  16. Bill Thayer

Bill Thayer Registered

Thanks That did it.

17. Switz

Switz Registered

Hello Guys.
    Hope you can help me.
    I have the gt3 challenge pack. Last week i had to format My pc. So installed everything but every time i try to join the servers i get a error from the mercedes amg gt3 staying unable to load basemod?? What is the problem ?

18. fexee

fexee Registered

I think the Mercedes is in the GT3 Pack not in the challengers pack.

19. Switz

Switz Registered

Last edited: Feb 15, 2019
  20. lagg

lagg Registered

Take a look some posts before