[REL] NEW! GT3 Challengers Pack NOW Available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Dec 22, 2018.

1. D.Painter

D.Painter Registered

That's what happens when the Dev use a low res spec map or a low res Defuse2 map texture.

Some will try and tell you that the spec map isn't use now because it's using HDR but that's crap.

Aren't these basic things that should have been fixed well before release??
    Any other mod team would have been dragged over the coals for such a poor effort.

2. LokiD

LokiD Registered

Thing is people 4 years ago wanted cars not just any cars gt cars and 90s f1 cars and the like.. We have them now and we applaud the studio. But we have lost quality for quantity somehow. Maybe rf2 should slow down a tad and finish and perfect whats started

Last edited: Jan 19, 2019
    Rony1984, d0nd33, sg333 and 4 others like this.
  3. tlsmikey

tlsmikey Registered

100% agree. Before when content was free, I would give them a pass but now that we are being charged a premium...I expect a premium product. In terms of pricing, it's similar to what RaceSimStudio puts out with their cars and the quality is so high from that team. I expect a big studio like 397 to offer the same quality. They have done it on some cars (the GTE pack is very good), but I need to see it across the board going forward.

mr.Sw1tchblade likes this.
  4. Mibrandt

Mibrandt Registered

I just hope they are still working on it. I Think I Am not alene in waiting for this pack to reach a standard where I want to spend money on it. I Really want these cars but like others point out it has to be premium quality in every aspect.

mr.Sw1tchblade, sg333 and Marisa like this.
  5. Jihemme

Jihemme Registered

Hey all,

Maybe this was asked before but where are the templates so we can create our own liveries ?

6. Jihemme

Jihemme Registered

Would love to see this statement from S397...

7. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

In the release notes of the pack you can find it and more details in the December road map also linked in those notes. Link is in first post so you can see if you trully would love to do so lol

8. Jihemme

Jihemme Registered

Failed to see in the release notes where S397 stated they didn't gave us templates to avoid ugly cars...this was why I asked this.

But yes, they indeed stated they plan to provide us a more convenient tutorial for new shaders.

9. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

Final Notes
    These cars are built with our new graphic technology, based on PBR lighting. We are converting more of our older content and yes, we are bringing more liveries to you shortly!

For painters, we are finalising the templates and the technology behind it, trust us, it will be a game changer for you! In the meantime, please read more on our December Roadmap here https://www.studio-397.com/2018/12/roadmap-update-december-2018/

Remember, any questions, please visit our forum here https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php or visit us for direct chat on Discord https://discord.gg/CruX93K

McKiernan likes this.
  10. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

Someone correct me if I’m wrong as I haven’t driven the Aston Martin yet, but from the videos of seen of it on rf2 and irl, rf2 doesn’t have to the turbo waste gate noise

11. D.Painter

D.Painter Registered

[/QUOTE]Depco said:
    Studio 397 already stated that they will be releasing the skin templates as soon as they have the instruction manual completed. The new shaders that were introduced with this pack will require a different way of creating the skin. So they don't want people having the new template and making ugly cars because they don't know how to handle the new shaders. Hopefully it won't be too much longer.[/QUOTE]

If it's anything like the rubbish what was suggested before they can keep it.

12. Coutie

Coutie Moderator

And what is it that they suggested?

13. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I believe some users have mentioned that.

14. vegaguy5555

vegaguy5555 Registered

I didn't read through the whole thread. Sorry if this has been covered. I can't find the 911. It did download but can't see it in the index.

15. mr.Sw1tchblade

mr.Sw1tchblade Registered

Haven't you seen any errors in while installation process? Also check if you have v 1.1112.

vegaguy5555 likes this.
  16. vegaguy5555

vegaguy5555 Registered

I didn't notice any errors when installing. It finished like all the rest. What is the 911 under in the index? 911 or Porsche?
    Would check integrity help?

17. Magus

Magus Registered

It's under Porsche. Your best best is to unsubscribe form it & then subscribe again.

vegaguy5555 likes this.
  18. Seven Nation Army

Seven Nation Army Registered

LOL - that's killer.:D:D

But seriously friends, come on, it's just a little wear and tear, nothing a good body shop can't pop out on the cheap!:oops:

19. Jimmy

Jimmy Registered

When you do release Template? Omg, month from release and templates missing!

McFlex likes this.
  20. Nitrometh

Nitrometh Registered

It has been answered a few times now....